jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite board game/family game?

1. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite board game/family game?

2. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

I have just been playing Ludo and Snakes & Ladders over the weekend with my 6-year old granddaughter. It's not so much which game do I prefer, as which games does she want me to play! At the moment, it's mostly Ludo. Personally, I quite like Scrabble, though I'm not terribly good at it.

1. profile image72
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I've never played Ludo, I'll have to check it out sometime.  Scrabble is one of my favorites too, and I've been improving a lot lately! It seems the trick is to try to make multiple words per turn whenever possible.

3. MattWritesStuff profile image94
    MattWritesStuffposted 5 years ago

That depends who I'm playing against. If it's my girlfriend, either Munchkin or Gloom. (Both card games, but, eh.) If it's a larger group of friends, probably Pandemic, with Catan coming in a close second. If I'm playing with my family (generally my parents) it's Scrabble, as they're the only people I know who can not only give me a run for my money, but outright beat my butt. We're pretty cutthroat.

1. profile image72

Sounds good! My family is BIG card games people (my grandparents actually have an entire drawer in their china cabinet full of cards).  And I am also a big scrabble fan too.

4. pstraubie48 profile image84
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

It is a tie between monopoly and scrabble but my really really "mostest" favorite...has to be scrabble. And now I can play on line. It keeps my synapses firing and that's a good thing.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I am a big fan of Scrabble and also enjoy playing Uno with the grand kids.

1. profile image72

Both great games! I am a HUGE scrabble fan.  Uno is definitely a good one for kids... even the really little ones can play smile

6. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image99
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 5 years ago

We have game nights and really love Game of Life and Yahtzee.  My daughter got a new one for Christmas which we are really enjoying!  Dicecapades.

7. GameApathy profile image78
    GameApathyposted 5 years ago

Risk! But that's only because only the guys play. All the women don't play board games with us sad We do play card games often though.