jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Favorite female lead in a video game?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Favorite female lead in a video game?

There have been a lot of memorable women to headline their own video games. Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider series, Samus Aran from the Metroid series, Jade from Beyond Good and Evil. But, which one is your favorite?

2. jilubit profile image61
    jilubitposted 3 years ago

Especially after the Tomb Raider reboot, I have to go with Lara Croft of those mentioned. I mean her origin story, tied in with her sheer bad-assery is incredible.

But I think even past that, my favorite female lead has to be Clementine from Tell Tale's Walking Dead series. I've never connected so much with any video game character period.

1. satomko profile image95
      satomkoposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Clementine is a good choice.

3. blargablarga profile image78
    blargablargaposted 3 years ago

Me as Shrotenger's protagonist.  I have to take first place.

After than...  I'm honestly not a huge fan of gendered protagonist that fall on the tail end of the spectrum either way.  I like the androgynous characters that you're meant to project yourself onto.  The ones that are in the middle of the gender spectrum.  So After character customization, I'll go for the female Pokemon protagonists- or since I've been playing the hell out of RF4 I'm partial to Frey right now.  But that's subject to change.

4. satomko profile image95
    satomkoposted 3 years ago

I'm old enough to remember seeing the end of Metroid and realizing Samus is a woman, and sadly there haven't been nearly as many female leads since then as there should be.  If possible, I'd pick Elizabeth from Bioshock: Infinite even though in a strict sense she isn't the lead protagonist of that game.  Nonetheless, she's one of the best principle female characters in terms of writing and growth over the game. Otherwise, I'd probably go with Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile or Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3.

1. jilubit profile image61
      jilubitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I second Elizabeth. The Booker Dewitt/Elizabeth dynamic is what makes Bioshock Infinite amazing. Plus the added bonus of stepping into her shoes in the Burial at Sea DLC is incredible.