- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - S3 Ashe Guide and Build
League of Legends - Season 3 Ashe Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Season 3 Ashe guide or an Ashe build? This page covers the basics of playing Ashe effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Ashe is a powerful ranged carry, she packs a built in slow and offers a strong map wide ultimate. She is a great starting carry for any League of Legends player but also maintains her effectiveness throughout all skill levels (thus making Ashe a great champion to master).
This Ashe guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Ashe, it is recommended for people just starting to use Ashe.
Don't own Ashe? Or want to get one of the many Ashe skins available? Learn how to get free Riot Points for League of Legends.
Guide current as of Season 3: Release Notes v3.02 (February, 2013).
This Ashe guide is also available in quick summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Ashe Over Powered?
Do You Feel Ashe Needs To Be Fixed?
Focus (Passive) Ashe's passive ensures that when she reaches the battle she can output some quick damage with a critical strike. It is also great to use for your very first attack at level one, giving you a guaranteed critical while also establishing lane dominance.
Frost Shot (Q) Ashe's strong slow that she can toggle on and off as required. It makes her auto attacks very deadly, making it hard to get close to Ashe or escape from her. Its current level also applies to her Volley ability, giving Ashe a strong area of effect slow.
Volley (W) Volley is Ashe's lane harassment skill and area of effect slow. It gives Ashe great poke damage and is a great ability defensively and offensively.
Hawkshot (E) Hawkshot has a great number of uses for Ashe and her team. Its great for scouting when pushing a lane, helps you not lose sight of an enemy as they run into a bush and is great for checking Baron and Dragon. The extra gold for kills doesn't hurt either.
Enchanted Crystal Arrow (Ultimate) A map wide ultimate that can quickly turn a battle in your favour. It can be used very effectively to initiate on the enemy team and can also be used to help your team mates if you find yourself on the other side of the map.
Ashe Skill Order
You want to level your skills as follows when playing Ashe:
Ult > Volley > Frost Shot > Hawkshot
Volley is useful for harassment and farming so is best maxed first to greatly decrease its cooldown and increase its damage. Frost Shot should be maxed second to increase the slow amount on both your auto attacks and on your Volley. One point in Hawk Shot is important at level 4 as this will help you scout out areas to prevent being ganked and also great to stop bush campers.
Red (Marks) - Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor // Mana Regeneration Per Level
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Armor Penetration // Health
This Ashe rune build gives Ashe strong early-mid game damage with armor penetration and attack damage to ensure she can hit hard right from the start. Armor on Seals allows you to take less damage from the enemy AD (usually one of your lane opponents). However, new players may wish to use mana regeneration per level as it requires less mana management. By running magic resist Glyphs Ashe can reduce some incoming damage from magical attacks and definitely a must have.
Depending on your playstyle (and available runes) you can run Attack Damage (preferred, as it helps with last hitting and damage) Health or Armor Penetration on Quintessences.
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Ashe Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Ashe is a very squishy ranged champion and as such relies on perfect positioning to be effective. As such taking two position based summoners will really save your life (and even score you some kills).
More advanced players should consider replacing one of these summoner spells with an offensive summoner spell such as Ignite or Exhaust
Other Good Summoner Spells:
There are a few other summoner spell options for Ashe. Ignite is a strong option as it gives you extra some extra damage output and can also counter healing champions (or summoner heal). The extra damage from Ignite can often be the difference between early kills and near misses (making it a very popular choice currently). Exhaust is an okay option for Ashe and is great if the enemy team is packing a few too many assassins too handle.
Cleanse is your final option for Ashe and is nice to help you escape crowd control (CC). Cleanse is an especially strong pick if the enemy has lots of CC, as it will help greatly until you can build a Banshee's Veil.
Other League of Legends Pages
- Free Riot Points - Claim Your Own Riot Points For LoL
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- MOBA Game Database - The Ultimate List of MOBAs
Your Ashe masteries should follow a 21/9/0 setup. This gives Ashe increased damage output while also providing some extra defensive stats.
If you struggle with last hitting minions then consider switching two points into Butcher (increases damage to minions and monsters).
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Items To Build On Ashe
Final Item Build:
-Berserker's Greaves (Furor or Homeguard)
-Start with Boots + 3 Health Potions (provides healing and more mobility). Alternatively you can start with a Doran's Blade.
-Your next item goals should be a B.F. Sword and Berserker's Greaves. If you need to recall or die early in the game you should consider buying 1 or 2 Doran's Blade to boost your health, damage and sustainability (life-steal).
-Your first full item should be either an Infinity Edge (damage) or a Bloodthirster (sustain)..
-From here pick up a Phantom Dancer for the attack speed, movement speed and critical chance it provides. You should also look at buying whichever BF item you did not purchase previously (Infinity or Bloodthirster).
-You should now consider a defensive option, a Banshee's Veil is always a good default defensive item on Ashe thanks to the shield, magic resist and health it provides. However, if you find yourself not being worried about magic damage (or crowd control) consider a Guardian Angel instead.
-Finish out your build with a Last Whisper to cut through your enemies defenses. You can also consider another Phantom Dancer or Bloodthirster.
-Black Cleaver (Great against a squishy enemy team, also gives some attack speed).
-Guardian Angel (As mentioned if you don't need a Banshee then this can potentially win games with its unique passive).
Other Champion Guides
League of Legends - 5v5 Ranked Commentary 4 (Ashe) [1515 ELO] - By TheSeelyon
General Ashe Tips
- Make sure you toggle Frost Shot on for champions and off when you are not attacking champions.
- Use Hawk Shot when you are worried about an enemy that is missing, also consider the casting placement as it also becomes a temporary ward.
- Ashe has a map-wide ultimate making map awareness very important on, you can turn battles into your teams favour from the other side of the map very quickly.
- Ashe is squishy like most carries, consider your position carefully. Use your range, slows and speed to poke at the enemy.
- Hawk Shot is extremely effective for battles in the jungle and around bush areas, as it gives your team full vision of the enemy, a huge advantage.
- Consider your angle when using your ultimate, its much easier to hit an enemy coming towards you or moving away.
- Save your first attack for the enemy champion, due to your passive it will be a guaranteed critical, giving you some strong early lane dominance.
- Harass the enemy with Volley, you can also use Volley to farm multiple minions quickly.
- You can activate Frost Shot and follow up with several auto-attacks for strong harassment.
- Try to slowly wither the enemy down, often you can score a guaranteed kill with Ashe at level 6 if you hit your Enchanted Crystal Arrow.
- Be sure to farm lanes and the jungle when applicable, Ashe is a very item dependent carry. (She still has great team utility when not farmed up but she is nowhere near her potential)
- Volley's cooldown drops very quickly as it approaches max level, use it to poke and harass the enemy, just make sure you save enough mana for your ultimate and any teamfight that might occur.
- Be careful to not overextend in a lane, Ashe has no strong escape skills (that is why Flash/Ghost are so important summoners for beginners).
- Consider building a Banshee's Veil at this stage of the game if you need more survivability, if you don't need the added defense, hold off on building it till late game.
- At this stage of the game it is all about poking and positioning yourself correctly.
- Using your ultimate on an enemy should result in a guaranteed kill for your team, use it to pick off the easy to kill enemies or disable the dangerous enemies.
- Enchanted Crystal Arrow is great to initiate with (both before or after the tank has initiated), it can take an enemy completely out of the fight and apply slows to any surrounding enemies.
- Late game you may need to save your ultimate for stopping enemies with channelled ultimates, this may turn the battle into your teams favour.
Related Pages and Ashe Guides
- Ashe Build Guide - Ashe Frozen Carry (Solomid)
C9 Sneaky has made one of the most popular and in depth Ashe guides available on Solomid.net.
- Ashe Build Guide - Crystal Maiden (Solomid)
Written be Chaox (a professional League of Legends player) this Ashe guide is a great resource.
- LeagueCraft - High End Ashe Guide
This Ashe Build Guide is the best rated over at Leaguecraft and is by Kopfkondom.
- Mobafire: Ashe Build Guide - Ashes To Ashes
Ashes To Ashes is one of the best Ashe guides available and goes into a massive amount of depth. It is available on Mobafire and is by jhoijhoi.