League of Legends - Corki Guide and Build
League of Legends - Corki Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Corki guide or a Corki build? This page covers the basics of playing a Corki effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Corki is a very strong ranged AD carry, capable of dishing out massive amounts of burst damage while also offering lots of consistent damage output to his team. Corki deals a potent mix of both physical and magical damage making him very hard to itemise against which is one of his biggest strengths. Corki also packs a built in escape skill and several area of effect based abilities.
This Corki guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Corki, it is recommended for people just starting to use Corki.
Don't own Corki? Or want to get one of the Corki skins from the Riot store? Learn how to get free RP codes.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v18.104.22.168
This Corki guide is also available in quick summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Corki Too Powerful?
Is Corki Over Powered?
Hextech Shrapnel Shells (Passive) An amazing passive throughout the entire game, the true damage will help you deal damage to any target. This skill makes Corki very deadly and can also help you secure those last hits.
Phosphorus Bomb (Q) Your main early game harassment skill. This skill also has the ability to reveal enemies in the bush giving Corki good lane presence and is a great farming skill when combined with your ultimate (level 7+)
Valkyrie (W) Corki's built in escape skill that can also jump over terrain, this makes Corki very hard to gank during the early stages of the game. It is also great for positioning yourself during team fights and chasing down enemies. The damage on this skill is also reasonable during the early stages of the game and may be the difference between first blood (consider flying over your enemies for the damage boost).
Gatling Gun (E) This ability offers Corki lots of consistent damage output while also shredding the enemies armor, increasing his own damage and that of his allies. It has a long duration and stays active even if Corki gets stunned. Using this skill properly is definitely a problem for for new Corki players and separates the good from the great.
Missile Barrage (Ultimate) Corki's ultimate has a number of uses. Corki can use it to poke at enemy teams for harassment, use it to farm minions, proc Trinity Force in duels or check bushes for enemies. This skill also has a reasonably large area of effect making it particularly deadly if enemies stand close together.
Corki Skill Order
Ult > Phosphorus Bomb > Gatling Gun > Valkyrie
Maxing out Phosphorus Bomb first gives you amazing harassment during the laning phase and is your main source of damage/harassment so it is maxed first. By grabbing it at level 1 it also helps you scout bushes with your team if you plan on invading their jungle at level 1.
Picking up Valkyrie at level 2 allows you to avoid any early gank attempts on you and allows you to re-position yourself in lane for a kill or to escape. As you only need one point to benefit from the utility it is maxed last.
Maxing out Gatling Gun second makes Corki deadly during the mid game with each level offering a nice increase in damage and armor shred.
Red (Marks) - Attack Damage // Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Health // Movement Speed
Corki scales nicely with AD thanks to his passive as such running Attack Damage Marks and Quintessences are your best bet. These also help with last-hitting and give your auto-attacks an extra kick early game. When you also factor in that Corki's abilities deal magic damage your not missing out by not running Armor Penetration (but depending on your available runes its still an acceptable option).
Seal and Glyphs on Corki are defensive focused with Armor and Magic Resistance Per Level. Since Armor will help reduce incoming damage in lane with magic resistance helping mid-late game when you start running into the enemy magic dealers.
Alternative Quintessences for your Corki rune page include Health (boost your survivability) and Movement Speed (help you move around in the lane and position yourself).
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Corki Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Running Flash and Ignite are your standard summoner spells on Corki. Flash gives you great opportunities to chase down enemies or escape from danger and combined with Valkyrie makes crowd control a must to lock down Corki. While Ignite offers added burst damage allowing you to secure those early kills and snowball from there.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Corki has a few other options for summoner spells. Exhaust can be used to counter an AD heavy team or hep against an aggressive lane. Alternatively if you know your going up against an extremely crowd control heavy team Cleanse can be a solid summoner spell choice. Just be aware that both these summoner spells require some early game adjustment as you lack the bonus damage from Ignite.
Other League of Legends Pages
- How To Win Free Riot Point With Monthly Giveaways
- League of Legends Mastery Guide: A Guide To LoL Masteries
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends: Rune Pages Guide
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- MOBA Games List - Your Favourite Genre On A Single List
Corki is a unique AD carry and as such as 23/0/7 mastery setup works best on him. This gives you the double penetration from the offense tree (as Corki relies heavily on magic damage, especially for his early game harassment). Other important offensive masteries include flat armor penetration and extra critical damage.
While the utility tree offers two important mana related masteries (maximum mana and mana regeneration) which is definitely a weakness of Corki. The increased buff duration is not a high priority due to Trinity Force being in Corki's build (which provides your slow).
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-Start with Boots of Speed & 3 Health Potions, this gives you some sustainability and also gives you some movement speed to help you stay out of harms way in lane.
-Your first goal as Corki is to build a Phage for the health, damage and slow it offers. You should also combine this with 1 or 2 Doran's Blades for the lifesteal and health.
-Your first big ticket item on Corki is a Trinity Force, this provides a little bit of everything that you need and is your number one DPS item.
-Your next items in your Corki build are Infinity Edge (higher damage) and The Bloodthirster (more sustain). The order which you build them in will depend heavily on the game situation.
-To finish off your Corki build you want to look at boosting your defenses with a Guardian Angel and cutting through your enemies armor with a Last Whisper.
-Banshee's Veil (If the enemy crowd control and AP champions are giving you trouble).
-Quicksilver Sash (A great counter to Amumu, Galio, Malzahar and Warwick).
-Black Cleaver (If the enemy is made up of squishy champions consider this over Last Whisper).
Other League of Legends Builds
Corki Champion Spotlight - By Riot Games
General Corki Tips
- As an AD carry your main job is ultimately to stay safe and dish out damage, Corki's large range makes this very easy to do. Use your ultimate from range and then commit onto the enemy with Valkyrie (or retreat if things go sour).
- Valkyrie has a reasonable cooldown even at max rank, you generally will only be able to use one per team fight so it is important to consider where you position yourself, be it offensively or defensively.
- When dueling enemies don't forget to use your ultimate in between auto attacks to proc Trinity Force for bonus damage.
- Gatling Gun has a decent duration, even facing your enemy for alittle while can dish out some serious damage and armor debuff. So don't stress about constantly facing your opponent.
- Don't forget that with Flash you essentially have two escapes, which can make for some strong tower diving.
- Last-hitting should be a breeze thanks to the Attack Damage rune setup combined with Corki's passive, there is no reason to miss those last hits!
- Use your Phosphorus Bomb (combined with auto-attacks) to harass the enemy champion, try to avoid doing this near minions constantly as you can end up pushing the lane.
- The damage from Valkyrie can make the difference in those early fights, you can use it to fly over your enemy for that added damage.
- As an AD carry you want to focus on farming as much as possible while still supporting your team when required. For farming you can use Phosphorus Bomb and Missile Barrage to destroy all the caster minions in a wave instantly. You can also use Valkyrie to jump over the jungle walls to quickly farm the jungle minions.
- Try to save your big missiles for enemy champions as opposed to minion farming.
- You can attempt to kill enemy champions 1v1 now, use Valkyrie to get in range for Gatling Gun and combine it with Phosphorus Bomb and Missile Barrage for lots of burst damage.
- Always be looking to secure the Red Lizard Buff and try to teamfight when it is active.
- Your focus should be poking down the enemy before team fights with your Missile Barrage and keeping your distance. Once your tank initiates you can use Valkyrie to get into the fight quickly.
- Don't forget to scout out bushes with either Phosphorus Bomb or Missile Barrage, so that your team doesn't get caught out. This can be devastating during the later stages of the game.
Other Corki Guides and Builds
- Corki Build Guide - Corki Play The Pilot (Solomid)
Mewtedly offers his advice on how to effectively play Corki with his up-to-date Solomid Corki guide.
- Corki Build Guide - Spitfire Ace v3 (Solomid)
This Corki guide was put together by Chaox and as such offers great advice and tips on getting the most out of Corki.
- Mobafire: Corki Build Guide - Competitive Corki Guide
leaguesdf offers a great in depth Corki guide which also offers a number of different Corki build options.