- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - LeBlanc Guide and Build
League of Legends - LeBlanc Guide and Build
Are you looking for a LeBlanc guide or a LeBlanc build? This page covers the basics of playing LeBlanc effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
LeBlanc is a powerful nuke caster, armed with a snare, silence and a strong escape ability. LeBlanc is capable of pulling off many different combos and tricks due to her ultimate being able to repeat any of her skills. LeBlanc is an extremely fun champion and while shes relatively easy to learn, she is a hard champion to master.
This LeBlanc guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing LeBlanc, it is recommended for people just starting to use LeBlanc.
Don't own LeBlanc? Or want to get one of the LeBlanc skins for free? Learn how to get free Riot Points for League of Legends.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v220.127.116.11
This Annie guide is also available in quick summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is LeBlanc Over Powered?
Mirror Image (Passive): LeBlanc's passive will save you a surprisingly number of times, it gives you that split second to either activate a summoner spell, run into a bush, use Distortion or cause confusion (enemy uses spells on clone instead). While it won't save you from a 5 person gank squad, it will turn those 50/50 chances of survival in your favor. The clone does not deal damage but can still be moved using "ALT + Click"
Sigil of Silence (Q): A strong single target spell that forms the basis of LeBlanc's damage output. It will mark targets that are hit which will trigger a silence (and some bonus damage) if they are hit with another of LeBlanc's abilities. This skill makes LeBlanc very deadly especially against other AP champions.
Distortion (W):This is LeBlanc's best skill to trigger the mark from Sigil. It also makes for a great escape ability and makes for great tower-diving. When this skill is on cooldown you want to play on the safe side as without it you are very vulnerable.
Ethereal Chains (E): LeBlanc's long range snare ability, it also has a slowing effect that takes place before the snare is activated, making it very deadly for ganks or picking off enemies that linger behind. This LeBlanc skill also works great defensively to prevent enemies from chasing you.
Mimic (Ultimate): LeBlanc's ultimate is simply amazing, not only is it a free % damage boost to any one of her skills it allows her to complete many different combinations of spells for various effects. Most commonly you will be using it after your Q for the massive burst damage or your W for the double movement jumps and juking potential. The symbol for this skill will change based on your last spell cast to help new LeBlanc players.
LeBlanc Skill Order
Skill ordering for LeBlanc should follow: Ult > Sigil of Silence > Distort > Ethereal Chains
Maxing Sigil first gives you powerful single target burst. while a point in Distort at level 2 gives you the silence activating ability you need and allows you to escape any early ganks. Maxing Distort second will also increase your burst damage potential.
Picking up a single point in Ethereal Chains at level 4 gives you extra damage output and some crowd control. While the snare from Ethereal Chains does increase with levels LeBlanc is about bursting champions down instantly not snaring them in place.
Red (Marks) - Magic Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Mana Regeneration Per Level
Blue (Glyphs) - Ability Power Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Ability Power // Movement Speed
LeBlanc is all about dominating the early game and snowballing from there (and this LeBlanc rune page reflects that). Magic Penetration Marks are used to increase your damage output and are combined with Ability Power Per Level Glyphs and Ability Power Quintessences to offer maximum damage.
While Mana Regeneration Per Level Seals are used to keep LeBlanc's mana levels high. Flat Mana Regeneration is also an option if you play LeBlanc constantly as they preform better on her due to her early game need for dominance. Most players will want to stick with the per level runes as they are better on other mages (saving Influence Points and rune page space).
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
LeBlanc Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Flash allows LeBlanc to pull off some incredible combos and also makes her very difficult to kill. Ignite will increase your burst potential and (hopefully) grab you lots of early kills that you would otherwise miss out on.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
It's hard to recommend another summoner spell because LeBlanc needs the extra damage from Ignite and Flash allows you to get out of plenty sticky situations. If you just want to be different you can take Ghost instead.
More League of Legends Pages
- Free RP For League of Legends (LoL)
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- Find A New MOBA With This Large Database on GamesLikeFinder.com
LeBlanc is best played as a 21/09 champion as it helps her deal maximum damage.
The offensive tree offers all the good Ability Power related masteries, magic penetration and some cooldown reduction. If you have trouble last-hitting as LeBlanc consider moving some points into Butchery (increased minion damage), this extra damage can make a serious gold difference (if you can't last hit) and compared to the small Ability Power you would lose (2) its well worth it.
The utility tree offers some mana regeneration to allow LeBlanc to keep bombarding her opponent with skills and some extra buff duration to get the most out of that Blue Golem buff.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-Open with Boots of Speed & Health Potions this allows you to play aggressively against your opponent with some potions to recover any damage you take in return.
-As LeBlanc you want to quickly build towards your Rabadon's Deathcap and Deathfire Grasp (DFG). These items perform the basis of your burst damage and can let you burst down enemies with ease. When using your combo you want to use DFG at the start of your combo.
-If you are struggling in the early game you can consider picking up a Doran's Ring (or two) for the useful stats it provides.
-The next item that should get your attention is Void Staff, this will mean that even building some magic resistance won't save those squishy champions from your burst potential.
-Your final item choices for LeBlanc are defensive options such as Zhonya's Hourglass and Banshee's Veil. It should be noted that preferably when choosing LeBlanc you do not want the game to last this long.
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter (If your team lacks crowd control this can help your team chase down enemies).
-Quicksilver Sash (If the enemy has strong crowd control).
-Mejai's Soulstealer (Not generally recommended, but if you start to snowball early in a normal game, building this item can lead to some really fun massive burst and that is why your playing LeBlanc isn't it?)
Other League of Legends Guides
LeBlanc Champion Spotlight - By Riot Games
General LeBlanc Tips & Tricks
- LeBlanc has many possible combinations thanks to her ultimate, consider which skill you want to use twice depending on the opponent. If you want to nuke them down mimic Q, for chasing down you may want to mimic W and for beefy champions that you want maximum snare duration on to help your team, you want to mimic E (rare).
- Try to keep track of what your last spell cast was so you know what you are going to mimic with your ultimate, alternatively you can look at the abilities picture in your champion toolbar.
- LeBlanc is not a strong farmer, grab as many last hits as you can early and concentrate on killing/ganking for your gold.
- You are an assassin, your job is to destroy the enemy squishy champions and get out. As such you always want to be flanking the enemy to look for an opening.
- Abuse the long range on Ethereal Chains, it can be used on people running away from you for your team to easily catch up. It is also great to cast behind you as you are running away, to slow down any chasers.
- LeBlanc is a deceiving character, my favourite trick is to activate Distort while inside a bush, only to activate it again in a few seconds returning to the bush, running off in a different direction.
Early Game (Level 1-6)
- Focus entirely on last hits until level 2 or 3, then you want to start your harassment with Sigil and Distort. Also use Chains if they are away from minions.
- Do not use your abilities on minions, conserve your mana for harassment.
- You always want to keep your Distort up (and have mana for it) when there are enemies missing. You want to play cautiously when its on cooldown due to potential jungle ganks.
Mid Game (Level 7-12)
- As LeBlanc you want to focus on ganking lanes as much as possible, you are not a strong lane pusher or farmer and so you want abuse this stage of the game to generate gold through kills and assists.
- Simply using Sigil of Silence and Mimic is enough to harass your opponent while keeping your escape (Distort) up, save your full combo for when you go in for the kill.
- Try gank with your late game carry to build up their power, as LeBlanc can drop off late game this will make for a good backup.
- Similar to above, concentrate on your ganks on the enemies AD carry to shut them down early.
Late Game (Level 13-18)
- LeBlanc does not have a powerful team fight presence especially as she lacks a good area of effect spell. As such concentrate on snaring enemies that overextend with Chains and silencing their support/AP carry.
- You can quickly kill minion waves with Distort and Mimic if you are underfarmed, be careful though as you are using your escape mechanism.
- LeBlanc drops off late game due to the large amount of team fights, but you are still amazing 1v1, stalk the jungle and try to get a 1v1 situation. If you get in trouble you can simply escape with Distort, Mimic and Flash to escape.
More League of Legends Pages
- LeBlanc Build Guide - LEbonkers (Solomid)
In this LeBlanc build Reginald discusses what makes LeBlanc so strong.