- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - Miss Fortune Guide and Build
League of Legends - Season 3 Miss Fortune Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Season 3 Miss Fortune guide or an Miss Fortune build? This page covers the basics of playing Miss Fortune effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Miss Fortune (MF) is an incredible ranged DPS champion, she has a powerful laning presence and is powerful in teamfight and 1v1 situations, she can also farm easily, allowing her to pull off an expensive build of items. She is also a capable tower pusher and a great counter to healers.
This Miss Fortune guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Miss Fortune, it is recommended for people just starting to use Miss Fortune.
Don't own Miss Fortune? Or want to get one of the many MF skins available? Learn how to claim some free Riot Points.
Guide current as of Season 3: Release Notes v3.02
This Miss Fortune guide is also available in summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Miss Fortune Over Powered?
Do You Think Miss Fortune Is Over Powered?
Miss Fortune Skills
Strut (Passive) Allows you to move easily around the map and stay out of harms way. By extending the duration until you take your first hit in team fights you can be very deadly.
Double Up (Q) Your laning harass tool which allows you to harass two champions at once or punish passive lane opponents. This skill also packs an extra punch mid-late game and can be used to kill a fleeing enemy in funny and effective ways.
Impure Shots (W) Impure Shots is very powerful and often under-rated, it can allow you to win many early game fights and also help you last hit (through the passive effect). It increases your attack speed, reduces healing effects (includes enemy life-steal and also increases your damage. It's great to counter healing potions in lane or just give you that extra edge against your opponent. It has a decent duration but careful timing of this skill is still important.
Make It Rain (E) Make it rain allows you to farm minions and push waves faster during the mid-late stage of the game. It's main purpose though is for setting up your ultimate. This skill is great both as a defensive and offensive ability.
Bullet Time (Ultimate) Miss Fortune's ultimate is very powerful but requires a decent amount of channeling.. This skill is all about positioning yourself to hit maximum enemies while staying out of harms way. Its particular powerful when combined with a strong crowd control team. it's also handy for picking off enemies that are just outside of your range.
Miss Fortune Skill Order
The best way to level your abilities as MF is:
Ult > Double Up > Impure Shots > Make It Rain
Double Up is maxed first as it is an amazing laning harassment, this combined with armor penetration (and possibly some AD Quints) can devastate opponents early game. Taking one point in Make it Rain early is great at providing you with a slow for defensive and offensive reasons.
Impure Shots should be maxed second as it provides you with a free damage boost as well as a solid attack speed boost at a low mana cost and can really give you an edge in those mid game fights.
Waterloo Miss Fortune
Miss Fortune Runes - Rune Build For MF
Red (Marks) - Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor // Mana Regeneration Per Level
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Health
This Miss Fortune rune build gives you a nice amount of armor penetration (Marks) and combined with AD Quintessences gives you great early game damage and makes for easier last hitting.
Running Armor on Seals allows you to reduce the incoming damage you'll take from minions and your lane opponent but mana regeneration on Seals is also an option if you don't have Armor yet. While magic resistance per level on Glyphs gives you some defenses against casters towards mid-late game when it matters.
Health Quintessences can also be used if you want a more defensive early game (or simply don't own attack damage Quintessences).
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Miss Fortune Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Running Flash and Ignite on Miss Fortune is your best option. Flash allows you to escape from trouble or secure kills. While Ignite lets you pick up those early game kills with the extra damage it provides.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Other possible summoner spells on MF include Exhaust, Ghost and Cleanse. Exhaust offers the ability to shut down a champion and provides plenty of utility. Ghost is a nice addition to your summoner spells but with MFs passive definitely isn't high on your priority list. Finally, Cleanse is a decent option if you are going up against a heavy CC team.
More League of Legends Pages
- Free League of Legends Points (Riot Points)
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- Games Finder - Your Home For MOBA Gaming
Miss Fortune Masteries - Miss Fortune Masteries (21/9/0)
This Miss Fortune mastery page focuses on maximum damage output through armor penetration, attack damage and critical strike related masteries. The 9 points in the defence tree boost your early game dueling power.
If you find yourself struggling with mana management consider placing some points in mediation (Utility). You can also place some points in Butcher (Offense) if you have trouble last-hitting.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Miss Fortune Build
What To Build On Miss Fortune
Final Item Build:
-Berserker's Greaves (Furor or Homeguard)
-As Miss Fortune you want to start with Boots of Speed + 3 Health Potions, this gives you some lane sustain while also giving you the speed too move around and stay safe in lane (especially with your passive).
-Your first goals in this Miss Fortune build is a B.F. Sword and Berserker's Greaves. If you are struggling in lane and can't afford the full sword then consider getting 1 or 2 Doran's Blades.
-Your first full item should be a Bloodthirster (sustain and ultimate damage) or an Infinity Edge for a more auto-attack focused damage increase.
-From here you will need some attack speed and critical chance making a Phantom Dancer the perfect option. You should also look at buying the BF item you did not purchase before.
-All this damage will be useless if you can't stay alive though so you should consider a Banshee's Veil which will allow you to ult and absorb one spell (with so much damage behind that little bit of extra time may be all you need).
-Finish with a Last Whisper is a great way to round out your Miss Fortune build and eat through the enemies armor.
-Black Cleaver (Good against low armor teams, also offers a nice attack speed boost).
-Guardian Angel (If AP champions or crowd control aren't an issue then Guardian Angel is a great defensive option as it offers both resistances and a lifesaving passive).
Other League of Legends Guides
Miss Fortune Champion Spotlight
Miss Fortune Tips
General Miss Fortune Gameplay Tips
- You should always try to cast Make It Rain before your ultimate (Bullet Time) this will make it harder for enemies to escape it, ensuring you deal maximum damage.
- Your ultimate is all about positioning and timing, it is best used at the back of team fights after the enemy crowd control spells have been used. Don't be afraid to cancel your ultimate early, it may save your life.
- Miss Fortune is one of the fastest champions with Strut. Use this to control the map and support your team by ganking lanes as well as pushing and defending towers.
- Miss Fortune is a very capable 1v1 killer and ganker thanks to her slow and anti-healing ability. Lead with Make It Rain to prevent them running away and also make use of Exhaust (if you have it).
- Always active Impure Shots when you push a tower, the attack speed bonus will help you deal more damage overall.
Early Game - (Level 1-6)
- Harass with Double Up as much as possible, learn how it works so it always bounces onto an enemy champion. Generally it fires at the closest thing directly behind your original target.
- Don't use Make It Rain unless you need the slowing effect, it drains a lot of mana from you early game.
- Don't forget to last hit minions, it is easy to get carried away with hitting your Double Ups. You can use a well timed Double Up to last hit a minion and harass.
- Using Impure Shots on your enemy after they activate a health potion can drastically reduce its effectiveness. Also don't forget to use it in fights to stop heals from supports or life-steal.
Mid Game - (Level 7-12)
- Your speed is even more powerful now, be aware of the map and look for enemy champions out of position that you can kill.
- Farm as much as possible during this stage of the game, either through killing enemies, farming minion waves or killing neutrals in the forest.
- If you are getting a lot of free farm consider grabbing a Bloodthirster first instead of an Infinity Edge, this way your ultimate will hurt a lot more.
Late Game - (Level 13-18)
- In team fights you should always be ready and well positioned to use your ultimate. As you play Miss Fortune more you will get better at the timing of her ult.
- In team fights you should consider using Impure Shots on any healing based targets that may be a threat, such as a Vladimir.
- Miss Fortune is fairly squishy and should avoid jumping into team fights until the enemies crowd control abilities have been used up.
- It is important to continue to farm at this stage of the game, also be sure to grab the Red Lizard buff when available.
Related Guides and Pages
- Miss Fortune Build Guide - Miss Fortune, I am Snowball (Solomid)
This MF guide by XDRNPCX is one of the best and features a detailed analysis of how Double Up works and using it correctly.
- Miss Fortune Build Guide - Where Are The Hearts Coming Fom? (Solomid)
Quick Kill has collected his knowledge in this MF guide. This guide features a great overview of rune and item options along with enemy analysis.
- LeagueCraft - The MFing Miss Fortune Guide
Treck offers his opinions on Miss Fortune, while the rune section of this guide is outdated the item discussion is in depth enough that it is worth reading.
- Mobafire: Miss Fortune Build Guide - Gee That was Quite the Miss Fortune.
This Miss Fortune guide is the best rated on mobafire and was put together by crossfire.