- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - Nasus Guide and Build
League of Legends - Nasus Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Nasus guide or a Nasus build? This page covers the basics of playing Nasus effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Nasus is a valuable asset to any team, as a strong off-tank with a powerful slow he is a very capable solo laner capable of turning the tides in late game fights. Nasus has the potential to hit very hard with Trinity and his Siphoning Strike which gains damage with every unit he kills. Nasus is also a very powerful pusher and has great team fight presence with his ultimate.
This Nasus guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Nasus, it is recommended for people just starting to use Nasus.
Don't own Nasus? Or want to get one of the many Nasus skins available? Get free champions for League of Legends now.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v126.96.36.199
This Nasus guide is also available in summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Nasus Too Powerful?
Is Nasus Over Powered?
Soul Eater (Passive): Nasus's passive helps keep him in lane longer, which in turn means more last hits with Siphoning Strike. it is also a strong amount of free lifesteal late game making him hard to take down.
Siphoning Strike (Q): A very hard hitting single target skill that gains damage every time Nasus kills a unit with it. It is Nasus's main offensive ability and can hit extremely hard when combined with Sheen, it is very important to last hit with this skill during the laning phase to maximise your damage output.
Wither (W): Nasus's only form of crowd control in the way of a slow, which gets stronger over time. It helps him to escape enemies and chase them down. It also reduces attack speed making it great to place on the enemy AD carry.
Spirit Fire (E): A great area of effect ability that works great when combined with other physical damage dealers thanks to the armor debuff it applies. It is also an amazing zoning ability during the laning phase and is great farming tool mid-late game.
Fury of the Sands (Ultimate): Give's Nasus the added bit of survivability and damage he needs, while it is great 1v1 it is much better to save it for team fights to ensure the area of effect does maximum damage to the enemy, learning when to correctly use this will separate the good and great Nasus players.
Nasus Skill Order
Ult > Siphoning Strike > Wither > Spirit Fire
Maxing Siphoning Strike first gives Nasus the damage he needs early-mid game and also reduces the cooldown so you can get more last-hits with it. Wither is maxed second to increase its potency and reduced the cooldown slightly, finishing up you want to grab Spirit Fire as while the armor penetration bonus is nice your points are better placed elsewhere until the end game.
Red (Marks) - Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Movement Speed // Health // Life Steal
Armor penetration on Marks are by far your best bet, as they will increase your damage output. Seals and Glyphs cover your defensive options with Armor and Magic Resistance Per Level to decrease incoming damage. Quintessences have a few options, including Movement Speed to help Nasus stay safe or close the gap between him and an enemy. Other options include Health for extra durability and Life Steal to support your already strong passive.
For more information on runes see this Rune Page Guide.
Nasus Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Ignite and Ghost are very core for Nasus, Ignite adds extra damage to Nasus allowing him to secure some early game kills while Ghost lets him chase down enemies and is generally better then Flash on Nasus (it does require you to play safely though).
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Teleport offers your team powerful map control, lets you return to lane with ease or help your team secure objectives around the map.
Related League of Legends Pages
- Free RP - How To Get Riot Points For Champions & Skins
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- MOBA Games List - Your Favourite Genre On A Single List
Nasus is very flexible with masteries, but a durable mastery setup of 9/21/0 works best.
This setup gives you improved Ghost and Ignite in the offensive tree along with some attack damage, attack speed and armor penetration.
The defense tree offers strong defensive masteries to boost your durability. These include armor, magic resistance, starting health, health regeneration and some cooldown reduction.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads
-Force of Nature
-Boots of Speed & 3 Health Potions is your standard opening for Nasus, this gives you the extra sustainability and movement speed during the laning phase.
-Your opening items should be Philosopher's Stone for the extra sustain and mana regeneration while also building an early Sheen for the damage boost.
-From here your final core items during the laning phase include Glacial Shroud and full boots which should be either Ninja Tabi or Mercury's Treads depending on the enemy team.
-To maximise your damage from here you'll want to finish your Trinity Force (building the Phage first for the slow).
-Final game items for Nasus are defense and utility focused with items like Frozen Heart and Force of Nature combined with Guardian Angel and Shurelya's Reverie.
-Banshee's Veil (A great extra magic resistance boost).
-Maw of Malmortius (If the enemy is AP heavy and you don't want to sacrifice damage).
-Last Whisper (If you need some more damage output).
Related Pages & League of Legends Guides
Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus Video
General Nasus Tips
- Siphoning Strike is free damage, you should strive to kill every minion with this skill throughout the entire game.
- Try to position your Spirit Fire directly under any team fights, to ensure you boost your damage and your allies.
- Always consider the enemy team and who is doing well when planning your item build.
- Try to avoid open areas Nasus is weak to kiting and poking. You want to close the gap on your enemy quickly through Ghost or by using the bush.
Early Game - (Level 1-6)
- Every time Siphoning Strike is off cooldown use it to last hit a minion.
- Be careful about using Wither and Spirit Fire early as you want to save your mana for Siphoning Strike.
- Using the bush in between last hits is very effective at reducing harassment.
- Save your Wither for when you want to commit onto an enemy or to escape ganks.
Mid Game - (Level 7-12)
- Continue to farm up with Siphoning Strike, depending on how many last hits you've grabbed, it is already very powerful and will only get stronger.
- Don't try to initiate, instead be ready to follow up your teams initiation with Spirit Fire and your ultimate, focusing on your Siphoning Strike on their squishy targets.
- Red buff is a nice addition to Nasus, giving him a powerful slow during mid game. Of course your physical carry or jungler may need it over you (which is why you build Phage/Trinity Force).
- Nasus has strong ganking abilities with Wither, use Ghost out of the bush to minimise the ground you have to cover.
Late Game - (Level 13-18)
- Charge in after your tank initiates, dropping your Spirit Fire and your ultimate while making a run towards the enemy squishy champions.
- Keep using your Siphoning Strike to farm up.
- Siphoning Strike can quickly eat through towers, you are a very powerful pusher.
- Try to focus Wither on the enemy physical carry for the attack speed reduction it applies.
League of Legends Related Pages
- Nasus Build Guide - The Nasus Guide (Solomid)
The best Nasus guide available over at Solomid.
- Mobafire: Nasus Build Guide - Nasus the Tank With a Edge
Chavali provides a great overview of playing Nasus and even includes a number of lane matchups.
- LeagueCraft - Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus
Hyfe's Guide to the Competitive Nasus has long been the number one resource for Nasus players.