League of Legends - Singed Guide and Build
League of Legends - Singed Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Shen guide or a Singed build? This page covers the basics of playing Singed effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Singed is powerful damage sponge, capable of absorbing lots of incoming damage while also disrupting the enemies formation. He is a very strong farmer and a solid solo lane champion. Singed can also fulfil an an anti-carry type role with his Fling ability, which allows him to pick off enemies at will.
This Singed guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Singed, it is recommended for people just starting to use Singed.
Don't own Singed? Or want to get a Singed skin from the League of Legends store? Learn how to get free League of Legends points.
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Singed Over Powered?
Is Singed Too Powerful?
Empowered Bulwark (Passive): Gives Singed added benefit from building mana based defensive items, as such these items should always take priority over other items.
Poison Trail (Q): Singed farming and pushing ability, which allows him to devastate minion waves and zone out enemies. It also works great as an anti-chasing ability, allowing Singed to punish enemies that chase down his team-mates. Proper toggling on and off of this skill is very important to manage Singed's mana levels early-mid game. You can also build Rylai's Crystal Scepter to turn this skill into a reasonable (and annoying) slow.
Mega Adhesive (W): An often overlooked ability on Singed. Using this skill correctly will ensure many more successful ganks and also provide strong support to your team through the area of effect slow. The main use of this skill is slowing a single enemy to allow you to Fling the back into your team.
Fling (E): Singed's signature ability, that allows him to play the anti-carry. This skill can also be used defensively to keep somebody off your carry. Always be careful of flinging enemies out of ally skills.
Insanity Potion (Ultimate): Singed ultimate has lots of uses due to the large number of stats it offers and can be used often thanks to its low cooldown. It is great for the disable reduction, increased damage and regeneration especially.
Singed Skill Order
Generally the best way to level your skills as Singed is:
Insanity Potion (Ult) > Poison Trail > Fling > Mega Adhesive
Taking Fling at level 1 is great for level 1 team fights and will serve you better than any other skill. As Singed you want to max Poison Trail first to maximum your farming, zoning and damage output. Secondly you want to max out Fling for the added burst damage it will provide to your team, which can really cause some hurt against squishy champions (the ones you should be targeting with Fling). That leaves Mega Adhesive to maxed last, as level 1 of this skill provides enough utility.
Red (Marks) - Magic Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Movement Speed // Health
Singed is best run with your standard tank rune setup, this will increase your survivability during the early stages of the game, allowing you to get in the face of your enemies for Poison Trail and Fling.
Taking Magic Penetration Marks will increase your Poison Trail damage and Fling damage throughout the entire game. Running Armor on Seals synergises well with the defensive mastery setup recommended in this guide, along with Magic Resistance Per Level Glyphs to boost your resistances from caster harassment. For Quintessences you can either run Health or Movement Speed.
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Best Summoner Spells:
Ghost is your number one summoner spell for Singed, you rely on speed and chasing down your enemies so Ghost is an absolute must. Teleport is a nice addition to Singed allowing him to add some map control to the team, defend lanes and get to his team ASAP. Using it during the mid game to help secure objectives for your team is particularly strong.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Other summoner spells for Singed include Flash and Ignite. Flash offers an alternative to Ghost against kite heavy teams and Ignite can boost your damage for early game kills.
- Free RP - How To Get Riot Points For Champions & Skins
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- The Ultimate MOBA Games List - Published By Games Like Finder
Running Singed with a 9/21/0 mastery setup will give you great durability while also boosting your magic damage.
The goal of the offense tree is to pick up the magic penetration for the increased damage, I like to take Brute Force for the easily last-hitting (as shown)
The defensive tree offers many benefits including armor, magic resistance, health, health regeneration, movement speed (when high health) and an overall health increase.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-Rod of Ages
-Rylai's Crystal Scepter
-Open with Boots of Speed & 3 Health Potions this helps you put pressure on your lane opponent and provides some healing.
-On your first trip back you want to grab your boots which should be Merucy's Treads to reduce incoming crowd control.
-Your first big item should always be Catalyst the Protector, turning this into a Rod of Ages (offensive choice) or Banshee's Veil (defensive choice) depending on the enemy team setup, both these items provide strong health and mana boosts (which triggers your passive).
-Taking an Rylai's Crystal Scepter soon after is a strong boost to your survivability and gives you annoying slow on your poison trail.
-From here you'll be in need of some armor, with your two options being Sunfire Cape which gives you some added damage. Frozen Heart is also a good choice as it gives you a great debuff and also triggers your passive again.
-Don't forget you will need to choose items based on the enemy team to boost your survivability to its maximum, so always consider the alternatives below in the right situation.
-Abyssal Scepter (For extra magic resistance and damage).
-Guardian Angel (Provides both resistances and a strong passive).
Related League of Legends Guides
League of Legends Singed Gameplay
General Singed Tips
- Singed works best in a team that has a reliable stun or snare to take maximum advantage of flung enemies.
- Always consider who your main Fling target is, this should always be the enemy carry or support champion. Also consider the angle you are flinging them from.
- Kiting and slows really hurt Singed's ability to Fling enemies, take note of who has them and try to minimise the distance you take when chasing these enemies (use brush and corners to your advantage).
- Fling has many uses that are both offensive and defensive. A normal fight would normally consist of you initiating with Fling and then using a second Fling to either protect your own carry or prevent the enemy from escaping.
- Always base your build and your build order on the enemy team setup and who in particular is doing well.
- Try to keep track of which enemies have summoner spells like Flash, Ghost and Exhaust available to them, you don't want to waste your ultimate or Ghost only to have an enemy use one of the listed summoner spells to stop you.
Early Game (1-6)
- Grab any possible last hits and protect your lane partner with Fling. If you have a strong lane partner capable of considerable burst damage you can use Fling more offensively.
- Do not use poison to farm minions, its mana cost is extremely draining at the early stages of the game. Activate it when you need the extra damage to kill an enemy champion.
- Even just the threat of Fling is often enough to zone out weak opponents.
Mid Game (7-12)
- Start using your Poison Trail to push lanes when required and farm up minion waves.
- Poison Trail can really punish people during the mid stages of the game for chasing your allies.
- You still have to be careful with the mana costs on your abilities. There is nothing worse than missing a kill because you didn't have enough mana to Fling them.
- If one of the enemies had a very strong early game, consider focusing your ganks on them. Even if you don't gank successfully you can often zone them out from minion kills and experience.
- Mega Adhesive is a great anti-gank tool and can even allow you to counter-gank. Consider sticking close to your carry to give them the protection they need to farm.
Late Game (13-18)
- Slow as many enemies as possible during team fights with Mega Adhesive. This restricts their movement, positioning and retreating ability greatly.
- Focus on tagging as many enemies as possible with Poison Trail, while harassing the enemy carry/support champion with Fling, at the very least you can force them from the fight.
- Depending on the game you will be either initiating with Fling or saving it to protect your own carry.
- Thanks to your mana based items, you can leave Poison Trail on for lengthy periods of times, mana is now no issue for Singed.
Other Singed Guides and Builds
- Singed Build Guide - Top Secret Singed Revealed! (Solomid)
InvertedComposer offers a massive guide related to Singed and is a must read for any serious Singed player.
- Singed Build Guide - How About A Drink? (Solomid)
Another great Singed build over at Solomid.
- Mobafire: Singed Build Guide - Poison, Fling, Legendary!
Isleykun has the top rated Singed guide on Mobafire and offers a wealth of knowledge to playing Singed