- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - Sivir Guide and Build
League of Legends - Sivir Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Sivir guide or a Sivir build? This page covers the basics of playing Sivir effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Sivir is a powerful carry and pusher who also offers great support to her team with her ultimate. Sivir gains extra movement speed from her passive allowing her to easily chase down enemies and position herself. She also packs a spell shield ability that acts like a Banshee's Veil.
This Sivir guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Sivir, it is recommended for people just starting to use Sivir.
Don't own Sivir? Or want to get one of the many Sivir skins available? Learn how you can get free Riot Points for LoL.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v22.214.171.124
This Sivir guide is also available in quick summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Sivir Too Strong?
Is Sivir Over Powered?
Fleet of Foot (Passive) A nice passive that allows Sivir to chase down enemy champions and provides her with added mobility during teamfights and laning.
Boomerang Blade (Q) Your standard offensive ability which packs a long range and strong damage scaling. Once this skill reaches its full range it will return to you, you can change its trajectory by re-positioning yourself.
Ricochet (W) This skill helps turn Sivir into a pushing machine and also gives her some decent area of effect damage in team fights, keep in mind it applies to your NEXT auto-attack. This skill also resets your auto-attack timer making for great early game harassment and an overall damage increase.
Spell Shield (E) This spell is a free Banshee's Veil for Sivir and is a great asset especially in lane. This skill will either result in people not targeting you with spells or donating free mana to you. Getting good at timing this skill is extremely important.
On The Hunt (Ultimate) A massive attack speed and movement speed boost for you and your team, this is great both in team fights, 1v1 situations, chasing, fleeing and destroying towers.
Sivir Skill Order
As Sivir you want to level your abilities as shown below:
Ult > Boomerang Blade > Ricochet > Spell Shield
Maxing Boomerang Blade first increases your damage output greatly, it scales well with each rank and only gains a slight increase in mana cost.
Spell Shield is very important to take at level 2, allowing you to avoid any harmful spells and regain your mana as needed, depending on your lane you may need to drop a few more points into Spell Shield to reduce its cooldown. Ricochet is a strong choice to max 2nd as it excels in teamfights and pushing lanes.
Battle Mistress Sivir
Red (Marks) - Attack Damage // Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor // Mana Regeneration Per Level
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Health
Sivir scales well with Attack Damage thanks to her Boomerang Blade and Ricochet so running this on both Marks and Quintessences gives her a strong early game (it also makes last-hitting easy).
This is combined with the defensive options of Armor and Magic Resistance Per Level to reduce incoming damage.
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Sivir Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Flash and Ignite are your 'go to' summoner spells on Sivir, Flash allows you to escape dangerous situations or Flash in for that kill and is an absolute must. Combined with Ignite to boost your damage output and reduce healing this will help you secure those early kills.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Ehxaust and Cleanse are two other options for Sivir, Exhaust can be used to shut down an enemy for a few seconds but often comes at the cost of early game kills. Cleanse combines well with her Spell Shield especially against high crowd control teams.
More League of Legends Resources
- Free RP - Claim Riot Points For LoL
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- Games Finder - Your Home For MOBA Gaming
Sivir like most AD carries wants to maximise her damage output so a 21/0/9 setup is best. This gives Sivir increased attack damage, attack speed and lifesteal.
Combine this with the utility tree for the extra mana, mana regeneration and buff duration.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-Open with Boots of Speed + 3 Health Potions, this provides some movement speed and lane sustain to start off the game.
-As an AD carry you want to aim for a B.F. Sword and Berserker's Greaves on your first trip back for the raw damage boost and the extra movement/attack speed. If you need to return to base early in the game you should consider buying 1 or 2 Doran's Blade to boost your damage, health and life steal.
-Your first core items in this Sivir build should be an infinity Edge followed by a Phantom Dancer, these items offer strong damage while also giving Sivir some extra movement speed.
-Depending on the game situation you will either want to continue building damage with items like the Bloodthirster and Last Whisper or look towards defensive options such as Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel.
-Black Cleaver (Works well against low armor teams or if you have an AD heavy team).
-Guardian Angel (As mentioned, this item offers a very strong late game passive).
League of Legends Guides
Sivir Champion Spotlight - By Riot Games
General Sivir Gameplay Tips
- Don't forget to reposition yourself after casting Boomerang Blade to change its path.
- Spell Shield has a lengthy cooldown, Its best saved to block disables as opposed to normal spells.
- Your ultimate works great once a team fight gets going, supporting other ad champions and giving your team the ability to flee or chase as needed.
- Don't forget to use your ultimate to quickly down towers.
- Spell Shield gives Sivir the unique ability to dive in front of skill shots to save her team-mates. You can also bait the enemy disables with it.
Early Game - (Level 1-6)
- Don't forget that each auto-attack will grant you brief movement speed, you can use this to harass your lane opponent.
- Don't waste your Ricochet on minions, save it to harass the enemy.
- Last hit with your auto-attacks and harass the enemy champion with Boomerang Blade, especially when you are likely to hit them twice with it.
- Use shield to regenerate your mana, this is much easier in some lanes than others. The player themselves and the champion they are playing will also affect this. If they continue to give you free mana you can harass them more, if they avoid casting spells on you entirely be more careful with your mana pool.
Mid Game - (Level 7-12)
- Now Sivir starts to become a pushing and farming beast, be careful of over-extending though.
- Don't forget that Sivir packs a lot of poke, using it to dwindle down enemies before fights is very strong.
- You can start using Ricochet to farm lanes and harass the enemy team. Don't forget that it also resets your attack timer making it very deadly.
- Consider taking the Red Lizard buff during this stage it offers a powerful slow and combined with your ultimate and passive will ensure nobody can out run you.
Late Game - (Level 13-18)
- Push lanes hard with your team, your team has great tower destroying abilities with your ultimate.
- Sivir is great at stopping the enemy advance by destroying the enemy minion waves before they can reach the tower with her Boomerang Blade, this will force one of them to take tower damage if they wish to advance.
- Don't forget about your Ricochet, it is a vital part of your teamfight damage.
- Focus on landing a good Boomerang Blade in team fights, hitting maximum enemies, then you want to unload as many auto-attacks as you can while also preparing to use Spell Shield to counter a disable.
More Sivir Guides and LoL Pages
- Sivir Build Guide - Taming the Huntress (Solomid)
Your number one destination if you are looking for an in depth Sivir guide and build.
- Sivir Build Guide - Sivir Is Not A Turtle (Solomid)
This Sivir guide over at Solomid offers a number of important tips.
- LeagueCraft - AoE Stimpacks
This Sivir guide over at LeagueCraft offers a wealth of knowledge and has a large focus on positioning Sivir correctly.
- Mobafire: Sivir Build Guide - All You Ever Need To Know!
This Sivir build offers a massive section on spells you can and can't block using your Spell Shield ability.