- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - Twitch Guide and Build
League of Legends - Twitch Guide and Build
Are you looking for a Twitch guide or a Twitch build? This page covers the basics of playing Twitch effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Twitch is a powerful ranged carry that can easily destroy an entire team with proper positioning and his long range ultimate that can penetrate his enemies. Twitch also brings solid utility to the team, with a large multiple target slow and the ability to scout the map with his invisibility.
This Twitch guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Twitch, it is recommended for people just starting to use Twitch.
Don't own Twitch? Or want to get one of the many Twitch skins available? Learn how to get free Riot Point cards.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v18.104.22.168
This Twitch guide is also available in summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Twitch Over Powered?
Is Twitch Too Powerful?
Deadly Venom (Passive) Provides Twitch with some extra damage through his auto-attacks and is particularly strong because it is true damage. It also has good synergy with Expunge which is the key to maximising Twitch's damage potential.
Ambush (Q) Twitch's signature ability that allows him to turn invisible for a short duration.. This skill also provides some movement speed and a decent attack speed boost to Twitch upon breaking stealth.
Venom Cask (W) A powerful slow that hits all enemies within its range. This skill is best used to stop fleeing enemies, protect your allies and slowing people before you use your ultimate. The skill will also add stacks of Venom which combines well with Expunge.
Expunge (E) This is Twitch's "kill button", it has a long range and adds some strong damage to Twitch's arsenal, this will allow you to kill those enemies that escape with their life and is also a great early game harassment tool.
Spray and Pray (Ultimate) Give's Twitch a nice attack damage boost as well as providing Twitch with a massive range increase and allowing his attacks to pass through enemies. This ability is most powerful during team fights, when you can hit multiple enemies, while staying out of range thanks to the increased range.
Twitch Skill Order
The best way to level Twitch's skills is:
Ult > Expunge > Ambush > Venom Cask
Maxing Expunge first as Twitch is the key to maximising your damage output following up with Ambush for the bonus attack speed and invisibility duration. Finishing up with Venom Cask as it is mainly used for the utility it offers (the slow).
Red (Marks) - Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Health
Taking Armor Penetration on Marks and Attack Damage on Quintessences maximises your overall damage, alternatively you can take Health on Quintessences for a safer early game. Taking Armor and Magic Resistance on Seals & Glyphs gives you strong early-mid game survivability which is key for Twitch.
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Other League of Legends Pages:
- Free RP - Claim Riot Points For LoL
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- The Ultimate MOBA Games List - Published By Games Like Finder
Twitch Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Twitch needs to be able to position himself correctly in team fights and escape when he gets targeted which is why Flash is a great option. Combined with Ignite for the extra damage it offers.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Alternatively you can take Cleanse or Exhaust, Exhaust assists in 1v1 battles as Twitch as it allows you to jump out of stealth and destroy practically any squishy without worry for retaliation. Cleanse is also a good option if you are up against a crowd control heavy team.
Because our rune setup focuses on defensive choices for Twitch, you want to focus on the offensive mastery to increase your overall damage output.
Moving to the utility tree you want the mana regeneration to cover your mana costs along with extra buff duration.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-You starting items should be Boots of Speed & 3 Health Potions to offer some sustain during the laning phase.
-Grabbing a Doran's Blade or two are good openeing items for the health, damage and life on hit it offers.
-Now you will want to upgrade your boots Berserker's Greaves and build towards your damaging items which all build from a B.F. Sword.
-Building into an Infinity Edge (raw damage) or Bloodthirster (for sustain) is your next goal.
-After finishing both these items you'll want too look at Last Whisper and Phantom Dancer for damage output and Banshee's Veil as a defensive option.
-Guardian Angel (Offers a very strong late game passive).
-Quicksilver Sash (A good counter to high crowd control teams).
Related Champion Guides
League of Legends - Twitch Commentary - By League of Legends Commentaries
General Twitch Gameplay Tips
- Be constantly checking enemy champions for Oracle's Elixir, Twitch is very squishy and getting caught out against an Oracle's Elixir will likely lead to death.
- Twitch's strength comes from his ability to stop and start ganks by tracking the enemy movements around the map (even if its only for a few seconds).
- Twitch is all about the positioning and timing of his ultimate, this should be your focus for the entire game.
- Try to track how many stacks of Deadly Venom you have on your enemies and try to save your Expunge for when they have 6 stacks. However, if the run out of auto-attack range you should always hit Expunge.
Early Game - (Level 1-6)
- Last hitting should be your main priority as you do not have a lot of power early. Early game farm is very important for Twitch (as it is with most AD carries).
- Use Ambush sparingly as it is not needed unless you are planning to kill an enemy.
- If the enemy is putting lots of pressure on you, you can use Ambush to make them back off, this also allows you to stay in experience range if you are being completely denied.
- Hitting an enemy 2-3 times for Deadly Venom stacks and then using Expunge is great early game harassment.
Mid Game - (Level 7-12)
- Start roaming the map looking for ganks on other lanes or the enemies jungler. Be careful about how much time you spend roaming though, you miss a lot of experience and farm.
- Buying a lone Vampiric Scepter at this stage of the game can keep you in lanes longer and allow you to farm the neutral minions in the jungle.
- Consider warding important objectives for your team, you can do this at very minimal risk due to Ambush. This allows you to gank enemies within their jungle effectively without having to constantly sit in there looking for them.
- Be careful of wards and Oracle's Elixir, they will start appearing at this stage of the game.
- You can push lanes heavily for the farm and experience, only to use Ambush to get away when the enemy shows up. This can give you a strong level and gold advantage.
Late Game - (Level 13-18)
- Try to mentally keep track of where the enemies with Oracle's Elixir are located on the map and avoid those areas, it is likely to be instant death.
- Focus on scouting out the enemy (your ability to do this will depend on how many Oracle's Elixirs they have), you should also pick off their squishy champions if they wander off.
- Always be aware of your position, you should be ready to use your ultimate right after your tanks initiation to maximise its effectiveness.
- Continue to push lanes hard and use Ambush to retreat before the enemy can catch you.
Also Worth Reading
- Twitch Build Guide - The Plague Rat (Solomid)
One of the best written Twitch guides available that it is definitely worth a read.
- Twitch Build Guide - Sneaky,Sneaky.. (Solomid)
Another great guide to playing Twitch over at Solomid.
- Mobafire: Twitch Build Guide - Facerolling Over The Enemy
The top rated Twitch build over at Mobafire.