- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
League of Legends - Urgot Guide and Build
League of Legends - Urgot Guide and Build
Are you looking for an Urgot guide or an Urgot build? This page covers the basics of playing Urgot effectively including skills, runes, masteries, tips and includes custom skins.
Urgot is a powerful damage dealer, he specialises in a strong early game and then settles into a tanky anti-carry role end game. Urgot has one of the largest attack ranges in the game once he has locked onto his target and is a great anti-carry with his ability to swap an enemy of his choosing.
This Urgot guide and build aims to be a basic and simple introduction on basic strategy that should be adopted when playing Urgot, it is recommended for people just starting to use Urgot.
Don't own Urgot? Or want to get one of the many Urgot skins available? Learn how to get free RP for League of Legends.
Guide current as of: Release Notes v22.214.171.124
This Urgot guide is also available in quick summary format (thanks to LeagueCraft.com).
Images on this page are sourced from the official League of Legends website and the game client. They are used for review, commentary and educational purposes.
Is Urgot Over Powered?
Is Urgot Too Strong?
Zaun-Touched Bolt Augmenter (Passive) Urgot's passive helps make him a strong 1v1 champion early game and is also very effective throughout the entire game. By targeting the enemy damage dealers constantly in team fights Urgot can very effectively reduce a large proportion of incoming damage to both him and his team.
Acid Hunter (Q) Acid Hunter has an amazing range when locked on. It also features strong base damage and powerful scaling, supporting Urgot's powerful early game dominance. It is also a powerful ability when it is not locked on, combined with its low cooldown it makes a great auto-attack replacement.
Terror Capacitor (W) Provides Urgot with a free Frozen Mallet making him very hard to escape from or catch up too, it also boosts his defensive capabilities.
Noxian Corrosive Charge (E) This skills primary use is to lock on to your enemy target allowing you to land Acid Hunter regardless of their range from Urgot. This skill also has a great armor reducing effect that can help your team immensely in team fights if you can hit several enemies.
Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser (Ultimate) This skill helps Urgot fulfil an anti-carry type role if required. This skill is great to suppress enemies, prevent them from escaping or ensure a successful gank. It is also great at interrupting channelled abilities for your team, easily turning fights into your favour.
Urgot Skill Order
Generally the best way to level your abilities is:
Ult > Acid Hunter > Noxian Corrosive Charge > Terror Capacitor
Acid Hunter is your main form of damage and thus is maxed first to increase its based damage. Taking Noxian Corrosive Charge at level 2 allows you to lock onto your target to harass them with your range advantage.
Terror Capacitor is taken at level 4 as it provides you with a powerful slow and protective shield. If you are doing well then Noxian Corrosive Charge should be maxed second, if you need to tank up quickly then max Terror Capacitor.
Red (Marks) - Armor Penetration
Yellow (Seals) - Armor
Blue (Glyphs) - Magic Resistance Per Level
Purple (Quintessences) - Attack Damage // Health
Running Armor Penetration on Marks and combining it with Attack Damage Quintessences helps Urgot to dominate the early game with strong damage. Seals are best run as Armor to reduce incoming damage, while Glyphs are best run Magic Resistance Per Level. This setup gives Urgot great damage output as well as some early game durability.
Depending on your playstyle you can run alternatively run Health on Quintessences to boost your early game.
To learn more about making effective rune choices, visit the Rune Page Guide.
Urgot Summoner Spells
Best Summoner Spells:
Urgot is a slow champion and has no escape abilities, making Flash important for positioning himself for his ultimate or to escape from enemy ganks. While Ignite offers the extra early game damage needed to secure kills.
Other Good Summoner Spells:
Exhaust is a great counter to both physical and magic damage and can give Urgot a strong edge in 1v1 fights.
Related LoL Pages:
- Free RP - How To Get Riot Points For Champions & Skins
- League of Legends IP Guide - Tips To Get Maximum Influence Points
- League of Legends - How To Get Out Of Elo Hell (Low Elo)
- League of Legends Tips - Free Riot Points, Champions, Runes and More
- 12 Games Like League of Legends - Best MOBA Games
- Games Finder - Your Home For MOBA Gaming
Urgot needs to two important things from his mastery page setup; more damage to dominate the early game and mana regeneration to cope with his early game hefty mana costs.
To learn more about masteries and your mastery options, visit the LoL Masteries Guide.
Final Item Build:
-The best starting option for Urgot is a Boots & Health Potions, this allows quick movement and gives you some regeneration
-First trip back consider Mercury's Treads and Tear of the Goddess are a priority.
-Next finishing your Manamune is best to allow you to harass endlessly.
-A solid mid-game item to finish Urgot's core items is a The Brutalizer, this offers everything you need (attack damage, cooldown and armor penetration).
-From here it will depend on the game, if you need to beef up you want to grab a Banshee's Veil or a Frozen Heart depending on what resistance you need, these also provide some AD as they both offer mana.
-Or if you need more damage look towards a Bloodthirster and a Last Whisper
-Guardian Angel (A nice defense boost).
More League of Legends Guide:
Urgot Champion Spotlight - By RiotGames
Urgot Gameplay Tips
- Always be aware of your positioning, Urgot lacks escapes and can be quite vulnerable until he builds up items.
- Let your team know who your priority ultimate target is, Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Skype helps with this but game chat is more than sufficient.
- Urgot has very powerful early game harassment as a 1v1 champion, he is capable of completely shutting down the enemies in his lane.
- Try your best to hit your grenade away from minions, this will make it much easier to ensure you lock on to the enemy champions as opposed to accidentally targeting minions (will happen a lot when you first play Urgot).
- Don't forget that Urgot's ultimate suppresses the target for a few seconds, this is often enough to score the kill on an enemy with team mates.
Early Game - (Level 1-6)
- Early game your main goal is to land your Noxian Corrosive Charge and then follow it up with Acid Hunter, forcing the enemy to retreat missing out on last hits and experience.
- After hitting Noxian Corrosive Charge you should be able to get a minimum of 2 Acid Hunters on the enemy, up to 3.
- If your Noxian Corrosive Charge misses its target, focus on last hits and positioning yourself away from enemy skill shots until its off cooldown.
- Don't forget that Terror Capacitor has a strong slowly effect, you can use it ensure you can hit 3 Acid Hunters and several auto-attacks.
Mid Game - (Level 7-12)
- Urgot's ultimate is very powerful at swapping enemies into the tower if it is getting pushed.
- Urgot is great at the 2v2 and 3v3 fights that take place during the middle stages of the game, try to hit your Noxian Corrosive Charge against numerous enemies to weaken their defences and then use Acid Hunter to force one of them to retreat.
- Use Noxian Corrosive Charge to poke the enemy, keeping their armor down for your team-mates to poke and harass them.
- Flash and ultimate combo is very strong for ganking enemies during this stage of the game.
Late Game - (Level 13-18)
- Continue to poke with your grenade, hitting as many targets as possible.
- Always have your shield up, the damage mitigation and slowing effect may be the difference between life and death.
- Noxian Corrosive Charge reveals Baron and bushes, making it a great scouting tool.
- If the enemy team has a carry doing extremely well you can play Urgot solely as an anti-carry. Swap them out the second they over-extend and let your team fight 4v4.
Other Urgot Articles To Read (League of Legends Related)
- Urgot Build Guide - Urgot Feet Stink From Kicking Too Much Ass (Solomid)
BruiseLeet offers a great rundown of playing Urgot and offers a a good overview of how to harass the enemy at tower with included screenshots.
- Urgot Build Guide - Urgot: The Universal Champions (Solomid)
Another popular Urgot guide over at Solomid which focuses on lane matchups and item analysis.
- Mobafire: Urgot Build Guide - The Lane Bully
BigFatCow has the highest ranked Urgot build over at Mobafire and deserves it with this great overview.