Lego Star Wars Sets Make Dreams Come True
I’ll never forget how delighted my son was when he opened his present – at last he got his Republic Gunship. He loves his Lego Star Wars sets but this one was one he had wanted for quite some time.
This was when he was 8 years old, and he’s 13 now but I remember that his hands started trembling when he opened his present, so relieved that Father Christmas had agreed that he'd been such a good boy all year!
I love looking at the world through his eyes, that's one of the absolute joys of having a child.
That's why I have asked him to help me write this review. The question I have asked him to consider is:
What is it that makes this Lego Star Wars set so great?
- I was only eight years old but I really wanted this Lego set and I got this for Christmas. I literally begged my parents to buy it for me, and I was so happy to get it.
- I remember that I couldn't build it on my own. I was too young and so I found that the instructions were confusing. I remember you ( mum) sat with me and helped me to build it, and it took us about three days to complete! This is a really nice toy but if you want to build it yourself, then you have to be at least 10 years old.
- Some older kids build these Gunships and then display them in their dens like you would a model airplane or something. All Star Wars fans would love one of these Gunships. I'm sure about that!
- Another thing that makes my gunship great is that it has lots of mini figures. It is really interactive - it comes with these mini figures: Plo Koon, Asajj Ventress, spy droids and flick missiles, Sith Lord, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- It has a huge gunship and inside that there is a separate Speeder, which is a kind of space motorbike. That’s cool because you get two toys to play with.
- There is also a chamber, which is life-sustaining of course, and a control center that is mobile. You can play with all these so you actually have much more than just one toy!
- It's really big and chunky and it doesn't fall apart so you can play with it. It has over 1000 pieces!
- The Lego Star Wars Republic Gunship is great in every way. You get all the things that you see on the TV. It looks amazing when it's put together.
That sounds like a happy boy!
A question for adults. Would you like a Lego Star Wars Set for Christmas?
Here's a sped up video of what my son and I did when he was 8! He's built it on his own since then.
155 out of 162 people gave this Star Wars lego set 4 and 5 star ratings.
This Gunship was an amazing set but 8 years old is far too young! He remembered correctly when he said that we sat and built it over a three-day period!
What really slowed us down was that while I was piecing pieces together and building it, my son was already playing with the mini figures and building his own base with his other Lego pieces!!
However, last Christmas he decided that he wanted to build it again and was quite able to do so, although he did ask me to help him to find all the pieces. It ended up taking us a couple of days at least, it's a very big set! We enjoyed it so much.
As with all Lego Star Wars Sets you can rely on the quality. I have tried economizing by buying cheaper imitation Lego toys, but none of them was worth the money because they didn't hold together when they were built. I never found a brand that you could pick up and actually play with once you had made the model. A source of frustration I can tell you!
I have picked out some Lego Star War Sets here on the basis that they get really good reviews but if you click on any one you will be taken directly to Amazon.com where there are many more sets to choose from.
Thanks so much for your visit. Which is your favorite Star Wars Set? Do love Lego as much as we do?
© 2013 Giovanna