Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII the Wildlands Main Quest Walkthrough
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Ride the Angel of Valhalla
In Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, the Wildlands main quest should be the third part of the quest series that Lightning tackles, although Lightning does not have to do it in that order. It is definitely the most interesting and RPG style compared to the other regions so far. This will guide Lightning on how to complete the initial main quests in the wildlands. These include -
- Find the Angel of Valhalla
- Make the white coccobo (Angel of Valhalla) stronger
- Healing an Angel
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Find the Angel of Valhalla Part 1
Take the train from the southern station to the wildlands. When Lightning reaches the wildlands, a voice will speak to her telling her to seek out the Angel of Valhalla. Lightning will have to speak to the locals in order to find the Angel of Valhalla.
Speak to the people at the wildlands train station and then speak to the people wandering near the wildlands station. They will tell Lightning to find Dr Gysahl. Once Lightning finds Dr Gysahl, she will know where to find the Angel of Valhalla.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII the Wildlands Important Locations
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Locations of Important Places in the Wildlands
The locations of important places relative to the Wildlands station are -
- the Canopus Farms which is southwest of the Wildlands station
- the City of Ruins northwest of the Canopus Farms
- the Aryas Village south of the Canopus Farms
- the Jagd Village in the Jagd Woods
Note that the Wildlands are not named as such for no reason. Lightning will have to contend with ferocious monsters such as the Reaver.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Find Dr Gysahl at the Canopus Farms
Lightning will find Dr Gysahl at the Canopus Farms. He is the man with the moustache and the greying hair. He will be standing near to Sarala's farm and next to some haystack.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Returns Find the Angel of Valhalla Part 2
- Speak to Dr Gysahl at the village and learn that once Lightning finds the chocobo eater, she will find the white chocobo aka the angel of Valhalla. Speak to the people around the village and learn that the chocobo eater was sighted at the City of Ruins.
Go to the City of Ruins. There will be monsters along the way, but essentially all Lightning has to do is to run past the monsters all the way into the City of Ruins until she sees the chocobo eater. Defeat the chocobo eater.
Once the chocobo eater is defeated, Lightning will find the white chocobo aka the Angel of Valhalla near the chocobo eater.
Signal to the chocobo hunter to get Dr Gysahl (and a cart) to the wounded white chocobo. Get the white chocobo back to the Canopus Farms and begin the healing process of an angel.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Healing An Angel
- First Dr Gysahl will operate on the wounded white chocobo. After this, speak to Dr Gysahl and know that the white chocobo will not eat unless lightning feeds her. To heal the Angel of Valhalla to the point of being able to ride him as a steed, do the following -
Get the gysahl greens from dr gysahl and feed the angel.
- Next, speak to the hunter chief outside the village and get the chocobull. Feed the angel the chocobull.
- Then speak to the innkeeper at the village and get the fuzzy milk from her. Feed this to the white chocobo.
- The angel is just about to stand on her feet but is unable to do so just yet.
- Go to the Aryas village south of the Canopus Farms village and talk to Dr Sheep. Dr Sheep will ask the heroine to chase back three large but scared sheep into the pen with her sword. Once that is done, Dr Sheep will give fuzzy sheep milk to Lightning. Bring the fuzzy sheep milk back to the white chocobo and she will stand on her feet. Lightning can now ride him.
Lightning can make chocobull. Well, she can't but she can get chocobull from Cardesia at the Jagd village. All Lightning has to do is to get the ingredients -
- sweet slug - defeat the rafflesia to get this.
- chocoborel - available as a mushroom icon in the woods.
from the surrounding Jagd Woods, and then give the said number of ingredients back to Cardesia. Feed the angel and he will get stronger.
The other miracle chocobo feed is Yuel's flower located to the east of the ruined city. Speak to Nadia in Jagd village to know its location. Bring the angel there and feast on the flowers. The angel will get stronger.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Make the Angel of Valhalla Stronger
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Make the Angel of Valhalla Stronger
The Angel of Valhalla will become lightning's ally in battle. Lightning will have to make the angel stronger, and completely heal her in the process. This is a process where Lightning has to feed and talk to the angel.
To feed the angel, Lightning needs more -
- Gysahl greens
- Yuel's flower
Speak to the people at the village repeatedly, especially Garett (the presumed head villager of the Canopus Farms), Sarala and Dr Gysahl. Sarala will say that her father Cole is missing. This is A Father's Request quest.
- Lightning can find Cole at the Jagd woods just outside the Jagd village.
Speak to the wandering man. He denies being Cole but insists the heroine get the fertilizers from the surrounding areas. Get the fertilizers and return to the wandering man. He will tell Lightning that he is not Cole and that Cole had died. Lightning must return to Sarala with the fertilizers and this news. This will almost complete A Father's Request quest.
Now, Lightning will not get the gysahl green just yet. She will get a farming patch in Sarala's farm. Sarala will give Lightning some dirt and some vegetable seeds. The more fertilizers that Lightning gives Sarala, the more patches Lightning will get on the farm, to a maximum of 4. The gysahl greens will grow in six hours time once the vegetable seeds are planted, so use the time wisely (given it is the end of the world).
- Once Lightning gets the gysahl greens, feed it to the angel. The Angel of Valhalla will get stronger.
When the angel gets really really strong, he will lose the bandages around its wings and attempt to take flight. This will happen when the Angel has had -
- 2 x gysahl greens
- 1 x chocobull
- 1 yuel's flower
It's time to take on the chaos fountainhead itself.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Get to the Temple of the Goddess
With the Angel of Valhalla healed, Lightning must use the angel as a steed and run and glide to Poltae. The way to Poltae is hazardous. However, if Lightning runs along well, she can avoid all the monsters along the way.
In Poltae, head up to the hill and to the Man Waiting for the World's End at the top of the hill. Then glide from one building top to the next until the heroine gets to the temple of the goddess.
Here, say goodbye to the angel of Valhalla and say hello once more to Lightning's nemesis Caius Ballad.
Caius fires off a chaos arrow that strikes at Lightning's pendant. The impact also forces Lightning to the bottom of the temple. From the bottom, Lightning must make her way up until she reaches Caius. Along the way, Lightning will meet Yuel repeatedly. Yuel will create a series of steps for Lightning to reach higher and higher levels.
It is actually possible to avoid the monsters in this area and just keep running tactically to the top. However, remember to collect the ability crystals along the way.
- At the top of the temple, prepare to defeat Caius.
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII Defeat Caius Ballad
To defeat Caius, Lightning must bring at least enough EP points to cast Arisen once and Overclock and Army of One about 2 or 3 times and Phoenix Down potions (5 of them will suffice). Lightning can buy Phoenix Down potions from the general store at the canopus farms.
Caius has the following abilities which make him devastating difficult to defeat -
- Change to Commando form and then unleash Megaflare. Lightning should Guard.
- Eye of Bahamut. Lighting should Guard.
- Pulsar Burst. Lightning must use the Guard ability.
- Blast Wave.
- Change to Ravager form and then unleash Flamesparke.
- The worst of the abilities that Caius has is the defensive healing ability Absolution. Lightning needs to Deprotect and Deshell some of the buffs on Caius.
- Another sickening ability is Body and Soul, when Caius will heal up. Yes, this is really sickening because Lightning thinks she has won, but Caius heals up.
- Other devastating attacks.
However, Caius can be staggered (for a very short period of time) on the following conditions -
- Attack when in Commando mode.
- Deal fire, ice, lightning or wind damage when in Ravager mode.
After Caius uses Absolution and Lightning casts Deprotect and Deshell, or other debuff abilities, go into Overclock and then Army of One mode. This will reduce Caius's health somewhat. Use this again when Caius casts Body and Soul. Use the phoenix down potions to revive. Overclock and Army of One will also cause healing to Lightning.
- Lighting should change into Amazon Warrior garb and raise Strength and HP to very high levels in when using Overclock and Army of One. Lightning will get the Amazon Warrior garb and the Army of One EP ability at the Ark as the days wound down.
Finally, Caius Ballad will be defeated. Watch the cut scene and then retrieve the Chao's Revenge sword.
Not everybody can be saved by the savior. Now, head to the final part of the world.