How to make a castle in Minecraft
In this lens, I will describe in detail how to make great minecraft castles, that not only looks great, but functions defensively as well. Building a castle is a lot of work, but by following my step-by-step instructions, you will be building your Minecraft castle in no time!
Step #1: The Way to Start it out.
First off, you must decide what your Minecraft castle is going to be made out of. Once you have decided, you will have most likely chosen stone. If you want a decent sized castle about 64 blocks by 64 blocks, and about 9 blocks high, you are going to want to fill up about 5 big chests full of cobblestone. It's going to be hard work, but it will pay off once you have your castle built. Make sure to keep any coal you find as well, as you are going to need a lot if you are planning to make the cobblestone into stone brick or smooth stone. This may take days, and perhaps weeks, depending on how much time you have daily. Trust me, building your own castle will make it worthwhile. The next part is to choose the shape of the castle. Generally, it's a circle wall, or a squarish wall with 90 degree angles. Once you've laid out the base, start building the walls up!
The list below shows some general dimensions and items in a typical minecraft castle.
Tips For Planning your Castle
- Generally speaking, for a castle that is a square, you are going to want to add 4 watch towers on each side.
- You will also want one entrance, with a maximum of 2 because more entrances means more vulnerability.
- You will want a logo to your minecraft castle, it makes it look 4 times better.
- For Circular Castles, you should have a very thick wall, and have many smaller watch towers that are about every 40 blocks away.
- The watch towers for the Circular castle will create a look that is aesthetic as well.
- You will need at least 5 chests full of cobblestone, so beware of that.
- Every castle will need a main building in the middle, kind of like the mayor's house.
- You will want this building to be taller then the walls, as this will make the castle look intimidating and good from a distance. (this is my personal opinion)
- Don't forget to make a trap at every entrance.
- For the last point, I would like to say to take your time when planning out the shape of the minecraft castle, once you start building up, it's gonna suck to break it all down to change something. GOOD LUCK!
Step #2: Defensifying your castle.
What you are going to do next is start to make a defensive system for your castle. If you are on multiplayer, this will help discourage people from taking your stuff, or breaking your walls. Building your castle defense takes a lot of hard work and lot's of planning. This may not be fun, but after you make it, it will be great fun to watch players/mobs fall for your traps. If you would like to see an example of some great castle defensives, watch the video below, as it gives you some good ideas. I believe the video below is good because it doesn't just give you the basic boring ideas, but unique interesting ideas that many don't think about. Let the video be an inspiration to your own ideas.
Minecraft defense ideas
Good video on how to make some good defense structures, some using redstone and others just the basics. Quite innovative.
Better Version of Above
The picture below shows you a better version of the Defense system above. What it shows is instead of wooden pressure plates, it uses stone pressure plates with a walkway, which also makes it look nicer. I think it looks much better aesthetically, tell me what you think!
More Examples of Good Castles
Step #3: Beautifying Your castle
What your are going to want to do is now beautify your minecraft castle. The video and pictures above has good defensive strategy, but they are not pretty. To make it pretty, you are going to want to use waterfalls, fountains, flowers, and unique structures. There is no way to "teach" someone how to make their castle look pretty, but I can give you ideas. It just takes practice. To give you some inspiration, The video below gives some good examples of some great looking castles. Basically, the goal should be to make a beautiful castle that implicates many useful defensive traps and strategies.
In my opinion, the castle below is quite beautiful, don't you think. Hope you find some inspiration!
Beautiful castle Example
What is more important?
What is more important in multiplayer survival for a castle?
Need more info then this? Buy a book on Minecraft.
Sites to join/look at
Sites to look at for inspiration (I only have one, add a link in the comments if you know of some good sites!
- Minecraft Traps
Great place to make some traps