- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Minecraft: The Walls Guide - Servers, Hint's & Tips, and More
One of the newest variants of an amazing minecraft mini-game. The Walls is a new map that is out that gives you and a partner fifteen minutes to find, and craft, things that will be needed in your survival. You will be against three other teams (In most cases) and will need to learn to conserve time, and have a plan of attack ready to distinguish your enemies, and come out of the battle victories. Whether you build a castle and shoot arrows down upon your enemies, or build a technological redstone wonder that blows them and burns them to a pulp, this guide will show you what you need to do to survive and win.
In this "The Walls" guide I will be telling you what you will be getting yourself into once you begin your game. You have fifteen minutes to find, build, and mine your way to a stature where you will be able to overcome your enemies with ease. Chests are on the landscape for you to search out and loot. The items you can find are listed below. I will also be giving you a few servers that you can play on that have this map installed, or a variant of it. Below I will be telling you what the first thing you will be wanting to do is.
Random Minecraft Merch!
Here is a list that is updated daily by Amazon.com giving you a look at some pretty awesome Minecraft gear and toys!
The Walls Map Walkthrough
This is my own personal video that I uploaded that is a simple short walk through over the map and what it has to offer.
The Walls: All Diamond Locations - This picture gives you the exact place to dig and find all diamonds.
If you want to see a step by step guide to where all the diamonds are at in the walls, check out this youtube video and find all the diamonds easily.
Hidden Chest In The Cave - This is a list of items you find in the chest in the cave.
Whenever you are finally released from the starting point, you must the rush to collect these items first and foremost in my opinion. These items are absolutely crucial to your survival and can help you out a tremendous amount in regards to defense and offense.
- 20 Redstone - The chest in the cave contains 20 redstone. This can be useful if you are wanting to construct traps with the items you can also acquire from the chests and such.
- 6 String - The string is only used to construct bows at this point. In the next Minecraft update, there will be a way for you to create tripwire, which would be a great help if you are looking to create a trap that can easily be concealed. You can also create redstone torches.
- 10 Repeaters - Repeaters can be used for many things. I myself don't mess around with it a lot, but if you know your redstone then you can create something great with repeaters, the dispensers and TNT.
- 5 Bottles of Enchanting - This is a must have item. Use these very wisely. I will give you some tips below on how to use them in a way that can be rewarding towards you an your teammate.
- 5 Torches - There is a limited amount of torches, and there are quiet a few coal ores beneath the ground for you to use. Use these torches sparingly as you will need to light up an area until you strike coal underneath the ground.
- 6 Sticky Pistons - Once again, I don't know much about stick pistons and redstone wiring and creating traps that can be effective against your enemies that are also playing. Use your imagination, and research.
- 2 Pistons - I would use these pistons to push someone down a hole unknowingly, or into lava. Lava is located at almost the very bottom of your given area. You can scope it up with buckets and place it somewhere that would be great against your opponents.
- 25 Seeds - Food is scarce, especially if you are running the entire time trying to get everything together before time runs out. I would suggest once everything else is done, maybe plant a the seeds and start a farm going if you are planning on having a defensive position.
- 2 Dispensers - Use dispensers as a "cannon". Put some arrows in it and set them up around your fort and maybe put a pressure plate next ti it to step on it and activate an arrow. Keep in mind that arrows are limited though.
What You Do
When you play the walls map on your own server, or on another persons server, what do you normally do?
Hidden Chest In The Pond - Almost directly in the middle of the map is a pond with a few items.
These items in the chest are also vital for your survival. Use them wisely!
- 2 TNT - TNT. One of the greatest creations in Minecraft itself, and also an amazing addition to this custom made map. Use these wisely! You will not get anymore once they are gone.
- 32 Arrows - Another priceless gem on this map. Use them wisely! You can pick them up once they have been shot if you miss your target, so pick them up. Do not use them to kill animals, as that is just a waste of them. They need to be used to take down your enemies.
Taking An Offensive Stance
If you are looking to take an offensive stance on your enemies, then this is what you want to read. Taking the offensive stance means going out and hunting them down and killing them. To me, it is not a method I would personally choose until there is only one team that remains. I would choose more of a defensive stance approach. Check out why I would be defensive.
- Learn To Shoot A Bow - This is something you want to learn how to do before starting a game like this. If you can shoot your enemy while trying to take him down from afar, then all is lost. when you learn to shoot a bow with accuracy, you can then easily take any enemy you want to down. It also gives you the opportunity to weaken your enemy before coming upon him with him having full hearts. More than likely your enemy will try to dodge your arrows and run towards you. Get as many shots in as you can get, and begin to back away from him. Flank him with your partner from behind. Never go after two at once, and you should be fine.
- Stick Together - One of the biggest rules in the game "Left 4 Dead" is do not split off from your group! Ever! Never travel alone. The same goes for you and your partner once those walls come down. If you two are taking the offensive way, learn to stick together and flank an enemy.
- Flank Your Enemies - Make yourself seen by some enemies by shooting arrows at them as your partner stays hidden in an attempt to slay them from behind. Begin shooting at them. More than likely, they will pursue you as you are alone and not with your partner. Once they get close enough, have you partner come from behind and catch them on fire or begin hitting them with a sword. Once he has there attention, they will swivel out to the sides. Either left or right. Make sure you and your partner agree who you are attacking. Now bring out your sword and slay them.
- Have Someone Be A Tank This is pretty simple to do. Have either you or your partner become all powerful with EXP. Have one person kill all the animals and collect the EXP as another mines for iron, coal, lava, etc. Then break the Potions Of Enchanting and get the EXP in those as well. Now, what I would do is use the enchanting table that is concealed behind the wall in the cave with cobblestone, and have your partner smelt all the iron they find. Begin enchanting each piece of your iron armor. DON'T enchant one piece of armor and max it out. Enchant each individual piece of armor to become a monster. If you have enough EXP at the end, enchant an iron sword. You partner will be just fine with a stone sword and arrows. Now go out and have your partner real them in, and use a flanking technique to dominate all.
Being On The Defensive
Being on the defensive is probably my favorite option to choose from, because I can do so much more rather than going to some unknown area searching for people that will just come to me eventually. Below are a few things that you can do to guard and protect your area from an oncoming enemy onslaught.
- Build A Mote - You have an infinite water supply, use it to your advantage. Build a mote around your perimeter to slow your enemies down from trying to get in. It is a great way to see everything that is going on at all times.
- Build A Wall - Want to know what goes great with a mote? An epic wall around your perimeter. Guard it and build ladders up and around it, on the inside of it. This will give you access to quickly navigate around if your enemies are moving. This also gives you an advantage as you are on higher grounds. TNT could quickly wipe out your wall and give invaders access inside. Don't give them a place to plant it! Build a mote, or guard your wall. Have lava buckets that you can pour on them while they are trying to breach it, like they did in medieval times. Have TNT on the inside so if they do breach the walls, blow them up. This will destroy most of your stronghold, but you can be sure it will take your enemies with it.
- Create A Stronghold - Nothing fancy. Just a watch tower in the middle and cobblestone walls around it to make it more defensive. Don't have an entrance inside it from the "courtyard". Only from the wall. More than likely people are not going to attack you right away, so this could give you a few more minutes of building time.
- Use Dispensers As Cannons - Have dispenser on ground or eye level to shoot arrows at your opponents to scare them away. I wouldn't use too many arrows in a dispenser though. Maybe just 3 or 4 per dispenser, just to give your stronghold that look of death.
The Wall Hints & Tips
There are a few do's, and a few don'ts if you are playing for the first time. Keep these in mind when you first enter the arena.
- There is no need to craft a crafting bench or furnace, as one will be provided for you in the cave, along with a chest that has your first set of items in it.
- Hidden in the cave next to the chest is a suspicious two block tall wall of cobblestone. Break it open and find an enchanting table use this to your advantage as you will most likely want to enchant things.
- If you are taking the offensive stance, construct a base and harvest the reeds near the pond. Begin building a reed farm at your base to create a bookshelf to enchant more higher powered weapons.
Find A Partner And A Server - Look For A Partner To Conquer "The Walls"
Don't have a friend to play with? No problem. Here is my own personal website where I have a forum that can be used as a connecting tool for people who are interested in finding someone to play this game with them. It is easy to navigate and use. You can also use the forums to post servers that you know of.
- Gamer Juicer Forums
Post here to find a potential partner to play with you in a game match or find a server that someone is hosting.
Now I would love to hear from you and what you do to conquer the walls. Give me some tips or a contraption you have built out of the pistons and redstone and you could see it on this page.