- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
Plant Tycoon Strategies
Plant Tycoon Hints, Walkthroughs, and More
This lens is an aggregation of the best Plant Tycoon resources on the web. It will provide you with basic, non-spoiler hints to help you play the game with minimal frustration as well as major spoilers to get you out of rough spots. WARNING: This lens can lead you to spoilers! If you want to solve the cross-pollination puzzle yourself, you may not want to read/click too much. But it is tempting, isn't it?
Plant Tycoon on Amazon - Get Plant Tycoon in a nice box. Great gift!
Inexpensive game for weeks of fun. Solve the genetic puzzle in this gardening simulation game. No violence, no gore. Good, clean fun.
Beat Plant Tycoon Yet?
Where are you in Plant Tycoon?
Getting Started / Hints for Plant Tycoon
How to play Plant Tycoon efficiently
General Strategy (No spoilers.)
- Start by planting the 8 seeds you have. Look in your seed storage and your seed tray.
- Self-pollinate your mature plants and harvest all the seeds available to build up your inventory. The plant will be "depleted" when all seeds have been collected from it.
- Don't bother using the insect poison on your early plants because they aren't worth the dose. Just toss out the plant.
- Catching bugs and selling (trashing) extra seeds are great ways to make a few more bucks.
- Prune dead leaves from your plants to make them easier to sell. You can also trim off leaves that hide flowers.
- Try to sell your plants all at once. More plants in the nursery encourage sales. Nursery decorations also encourage sales.
- Upgrade your soil and water as soon as you can. If the health of your plants degrade quickly, it's because the plant requires better soil and/or water. This is especially true of hybrid, cross-pollinated plants.
- When you can afford it, use 2-3 fertilizer bombs to help increase the number of flowers (and the potential sale price).
- You might want to set up a methodical cross-pollination system to help you find the Magic Plants.
- Buy extinct seeds or use the Mutation liquid to discover the rarest plants.
- Be patient! Adjust the speed of the game from the options menu to fit your schedule. Remember that the plants are still going when you're not actively playing the game.
- Hit spacebar to pause!
Okay, so patience is the name of the game, meaning to find all the Magic Plants, it's going to take you some time. So here is the biggest, most important CHEAT of all to help eliminate all that waiting. Highlight the white text below to find out what it is.
Change the time on your computer clock! That's right. On the fast game speed, forward your clock by 1 hour and your plants will be instantly mature. Pollinate and forward another 10 minutes. Now you have seeds! You will, unfortunately, have to wait when your plants are in your nursery. Forwarding the clock does not speed up sales. You can set your clock back to the correct time when you don't have any seeds planted. Note: Forwarding the clock may affect other programs on your computer.The above space is intentionally white. Just in case you didn't want to see the ULTIMATE CHEAT.
What do you play Plant Tycoon on? - Platform poll
What is your Plant Tycoon platform?
Plant Species in Plant Tycoon
How to figure out all 529 plant species in Plant Tycoon
There are 23 different types of plants (foliage) and 23 different flowers. Each type of plant exists with every single flower. Hence, there are a total of 23x23 plants, 529 plant species.
The 23 foliage are, in alphabetical order: Ananas, Astera, Ball Cactus, Bamboo, Fanleaf, Fern, Glaber, Gladiatus, Grass, Lemonbush, Maple, Maranta, Multiflora, Orchid, Pear Cactus, Pipe Cactus, Pitcher, Rare Oak, Reptans, Ridgeball, Scandens, Tigerfern, and Weeper.
The 23 different flowers are, in alphabetical order: Arthurium, Aureus, Baccatus, Blazing, Bluestar, Citrus, Daisy, Fabled, Fourpetal, Fragrant, Jalapa, Lilia, Mela, Mystic, Nox, Painted, Rosaceae, Spotted, Tahitian, Tilia, Venomous, Venus, and Viola.
Villagers have washed up on shore after surviving a natural disaster. You become their guide and help them rebuild their lives by teaching them to be builders, scientists, farmers, and parents.
The sequel to Virtual Villagers. This time, you're in charge of teaching a group of abandoned children. Help them become a thriving tribe!
Magic Tree of Fragrance
Fourpetal Maple: The intoxicating fragrance from this plant is universally pleasant and exotic. The wonderful aroma influences visitors in the nursery and attracts rare insects. This effect is automatic and permanent.
Rose of Joy
Rosaceae Fern: This breathtaking plant bears roses so beautiful that people come from miles to behold its wonder. Your nursery will always have a crowd from now on. This effect is automatic and permanent.
Fruit of Life
Mela Rare Oak: The presence of this magic plant makes your other plants robust, resistant to infestation, and bloom vigorously. This effect is automatic and permanent.
Fabled Rose of Isola
Fabled Lemonbush: Until now this plant existed only in myth. This rare rose will surely bring you great fame and riches. This effect is automatic and permanent.
Golden Berries of Wealth
Aureus Scandens: These magical berries cause customers in your nursery to more eagerly spend money... not just on this plant, but on all plants. This effect is automatic and permanent.
Flower of Knowledge
Nox Orchid: The essence of this flower gives you great insight and wisdom. Now you know exactly what each plant is worth. From now on your plants are automatically priced much closer to their true value. This effect is automatic and permanent.