- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids
Playskool Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur
Playskool Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur
Playskool's Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur stomping motion is so realistic, your child and his dinosaur loving friends will all be exploring the great dinosaur jungle in their minds. He is so responsive he feels like a pet and they will treat him that way. You can even feed him, he is loving and lively. He is real. He has a nice felt type "skin" covering.
My Triceratops Dinosaur is an awesome gift for any kid!
If you have children who are scared of animals, this is not the toy for you. I thought my daughter was going to rip his head off, but Kota held up. She has grown acustom to him now and they are steady companions. For children who love dinosaurs they will think this is the coolest toy ever. My youngest daughter thinks he is an elephant and loves the noises he makes and the way he moves his head, eyes and eats his food.
Kota is a realistic as you are going to get for a toy like this. It is a bit disappointing that he does not actually walk but hey, at least you can sit on him! Although a bit expensive, Kota is a great value.
He is interactive and responds to touch. The kids can nap with Kota. By putting Kota to sleep first it encourages them to take a snooze with him. Kota is lots of fun and very durable. Because of his body movements he cannot be placed against anything. Oh and don't forget to turn him off, he responds to sounds and he can startle you when you walk into an un-occupied room.
I highly recommend this interactive dinosaur toy to others with young children!
KOTA'S IMAGE AND INFORMATION
About Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur
Click the button for the BEST price on Playskool Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur
My Triceratops Dinosaur Product Features
Everything to do with Playskool Kota Triceratops
This unbelievably cool, robotic prehistoric pet and friend is ready to take your child for many adventurous and imaginative rides. These and many other features make that possible:
- The power-saving "sleep" mode that goes into effect when it has been 60-90 seconds since your dinosaur's last human interaction will also be a big winner with parents who may tire of repeats of your childs favorite tune and allow batteries to last longer.
- KOTA moves his head and tail and blinks his eyes. He is built so that curious kids four and older and up to 60 pounds can enjoy a bouncing ride.
- Convenient volume control switch and lots of sound effects, including music, munching, stomping, and roaring. He plays 4 different adventure-themed tunes for immersed, make-believe fun!
- A hidden handle on the back of Kota Triceratops neck helps kids hold on, so they can bounce without slipping off, therefore, whether your children play with their pet dino alone or invite friends over and take turns exploring the jungles, marshes, and deserts of the prehistoric world, there's lots of possibilities for safe make-believe fun that can be inspired by bouncing on the spring seat in Kota's back.
- Responds to your voice and touch with roaring and laughing sounds, and expressive tail, head, eye, mouth and horn movements.
- My Triceratops Dinosaur comes with leafy snack and instructions. The included instruction booklet makes it easy to snap his tail in place and secure his furry coat over it.
- When you touch KOTA's nose with your hand, he will "sniff" it. Tickling his belly or chin makes him "laugh," and when you feed him by putting an object in his mouth, he responds by munching on it.
- You will appreciate the way this green and brown Triceratops looks scaly and realistic from far away, despite the fact that his hide is soft, furry, and kid-friendly
- Animatronic, life-size baby dinosaur stands over 3 feet tall and comes to "life" with realistic sounds and motion!
- Although Playskool Kota Triceratops is an excellent children's robotic pet, please be aware of this condition: WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
How Triceratops Works Video - Watch Playskool Kota Triceratops in Action
Kota Triceratops Product Reviews
Kota vs Spike the Dino
The Average Customer Review About Playskool's Kota Triceratops is 4.5 out of 5 stars. 70 customers left positive reviews. These reviews could be helpful to you.
One purchaser stated; "This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever bought." I'm so glad I bought it anyway. It is perfect for my 4.5 year old because it has the best of all worlds. Will you feel the same way? Here I summarize other customer comments which also may reflex your feelings once you have purchased Playskool Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur for your child :
- Today's new technology in robotic pet development have become a lot more advanced and much more interesting and interactive for kids. I've bought too many toys that my son just becomes quickly bored of, but not with Kota. I can't find anything at fault with this toy, and it's a better substitute for climbing on rather than the arms of the couches or trying to maneuver up unto the dining table. This is a good toy worth a few hours everyday.
- The Aibo-knock off, digital creatures have been such a disappointment. They are often made of cheap quality plastic and have incredibly limited behavior that is hardly life-like. Kota struck me as a major exception. He's high-quality, easy to assemble, and his behavior is so lifelike that his sounds and movements have often startled me, when I entered our home in the dark.
- My eight year old is enthused and likes to sit on it while the TV has a movie on, or play music by moving the horns. I like that she likes to sit on it and use it like a chair. My husband is really fond of it also. The animatronics on this thing is pretty amazing. The eyes, head, mouth, and even horns move. It has great facial expressions and cute sounds. I think it's probably the best animatronic toy for your money until they make one that moves around at the size you get this toy as.
- I bought this dinosaur for my son for Christmas when he was 3 yrs old. My son is now five and I still haven't had to change the batteries (and, believe me, he gets plenty of use)! My son changed Kota's name to Elliot and he's like a pet in our house. My son LOVES Elliot! He's very durable and well worth the money I spent on him. Elliot is a hit with everyone who visits our house, young or old. I can't say enough good things about this dinosaur. It's a perfect gift for preschool aged children!
- We got Kota for my 3 year old this Christmas and thus far it has been THE favorite toy. He loves this beast! He spends so much time making him growl and wag his tail; feeding time takes an hour to fully accomplish. Truly worth the money and time. Assembly was very easy as well. Remember to have the D batteries ready to go and he does got through batteries fairly quickly. A word of caution..... Kota is BIG (bigger than my black lab) so space could be an issue for you if you have a smaller place to keep him.
- I gave this dino to my 4-year-old grandson for his birthday. He loved it! He fed it a lot: the leaves that came with it, his small dinosaur, his own hand, his sister's hand... He enjoyed the riding action. He showed it off to everyone who came over for his birthday. He's pretty tough on toys so we'll see how it stands up to him.
- My daughter loves dinasaurs and when she was little she always talked about them. She is 19 and we saw a similar version of the one I purchased at a local Toy store but this is so much better. I got it for her dorm at college and she loves it. I wish they had it around when she was little. It is a little pricey but well worth the expense if a child loves dinasaurs. It is well constructed and interacts with a touch of the hand. I really don't know how it will hold up under the hands of a little one but it is very sturdy and well made with lots of different responses with a simple touch. Much better than a just a big stuffed toy.
Consistenly all the reviews say the same thing. Kota is perfect and the children LOVES him!!! He is so much fun and is adorable! Kids loves to bounce on him, feed him, make him roar...everything! You HAVE to have Kota if you have a kiddo!!!