- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Epic Marvel versus Capcom Superpower Battle
MvC3 is a great fighting game from Capcom. It features famous characters from both Marvel comic (Iron Man, Spider-Man, Magneto, Deadpool, Captain America, Hulk, etc.) and Capcom game (Chris Redfield, Ryu, Wesker, Zero, Dante, Phoenix Wright) universes. In the single-player storyline, they are forced to team up in order to save both of their worlds from a certain doom.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was released on February 15th, 2011 in the North America, and three days later in Europe. It is a multi-platform game for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles. Learn more about the game, check out the screenshots, and watch the trailer below.
Here are some of the defining features of this game:
- Single-player mode with an engaging storyline and different endings depending on the character you play as. Save both Marvel and Capcom worlds from the deadly plans of Victor Von Doom and Albert Wester!
- Improved controls: 3-button scheme for light, medium and hard attacks and an additional air launch button will make executing specials easier. New Simple Mode will allow less experienced players to access some select specials with a press of 1 button.
- Tens of playable characters: play as your favorite superpowered fighter from Marvel comics or Capcom video games. Choose from ~40 famous names (some only available as downloadable content).
- Award-winning experience: Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds was named the Best Fighting Game by Game Critics Awards, IGN, 1UP and G4 at the E3 2010.
This sequel to the Marvel vs Capcom 3 series has awesome graphics, comic book art style and fast-paced combat in 3 vs 3 tag team battles. Powered by an advanced version of the graphics engine used in Resident Evil 5, MvC3 brings beautiful backgrounds and character animations to the next level. Simple Mode with streamlined button mapping option allows novice players to easily perform certain special and super moves.
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 ScreenshotsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Rate the Game
How would you rate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds?
Marvel vs Capcom 3 Trailer: Ryu vs Wolverine, Deadpool vs Dante, and Hulk vs Chris
This title received mostly favorable reviews from both critics and users alike, and sold over 2 million units worldwide. The game's aggregate score on MetaCritic is 85, with the user rating at 7.0. The opinions are overall positive, although there is a number of complaints as well.
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
If you want to play MvC3, get the "Ultimate" version instead. The updated version of the game adds new stages and characters, new modes, and offers various game balance improvements. It is available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PS Vita platforms.