How To Make A Printable Quiz Fun
A Fun Printable Quiz Should Be Easy!
A Fun Quiz Is An Easy Quiz
You might find this hard to understand, but making a quiz easy can actually stop the clever quiz teams winning all the time. You are in fact evening the playing field by giving everyone a chance of being able to answer most of the questions.
One of the biggest complaints I hear from people who go to pub quizzes is that the same team wins every week. This is a serious problem and can actually stop people from going to the quiz because they simply get fed up with losing all the time.
So as you can see it's vital that everyone has the same chance of winning if you want the pub quiz to be enjoyed by all the people that attend and get them coming back every week.
I keep trying to get this message across to people that a difficult quiz is in fact very boring to play.
So How Do You Make A Printable Quiz Fun?
Choose interesting questions for starters. The questions should also be the type that anyone can at least have a guess at. There should be no blank spaces on the teams quiz sheets at the end of the quiz.
Secondly the quiz should not be just questions., you need to add a fun round like a picture round and there are many other ways of livening up your quiz to make if more fun and exciting, but that's for another article.
I'm going to give you an example of a typical pub quiz below and then a sample of my fun quiz below that so you can see the difference.
The following questions are taken from an actual pub quiz I've been to and never went back to.
1. Built in 1897 by multi-millionaire John Jacob Astor IV, which building was on the site where the Empire State building now stands?
2. What name was given to a female broadcaster of Japanese propaganda during WW II?
3. The Inverted Jenny, Hawaiian Missionaries and The Three Skilling Yellow are all examples of what?
4. European eels are born in or near which sea?
5. Apollo 11 landed on Mare Tranquillitatis, better known as the Sea of Tranquillity. Translate the following Lunar Maria. One point for each correct answer.
a. Mare Frigoris
b. Mare Nubium
c. Mare Australe
6. The heir apparent to the French Throne between 1350 and 1791 was given which title?
7. Which 'Great Soul' was edited from the final version of the album cover Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?
I won't bore you any more, here are the answers.
1. The Waldorf Astoria Hotel
2. Tokyo Rose
3. Postage stamps (rare stamps or some of the most expensive stamps in the world)
4. Sargasso Sea
5. Three answers
a. Sea of Cold
b. Sea of Clouds
c. Sea of the South or Southern Sea
6. The Dauphin of France
7. Mahatma Gandhi (Mahatma means 'great soul')
How many did you get right?
OK, here are some questions taken from one of my fun printable quizzes.
1. Which word can go before ‘Cut’, ‘Station’ and ‘Steering’?
2. Which is bigger, a dolphin or a porpoise?
3. Alphabetically, what is the last sign of the Zodiac?
4. Name 2 of the 3 African countries that begin with the letter Z?
5. Which arm did Lord Nelson lose in service?
6. Which type of food do Humans eat the most of in the world?
7. Which is the only vowel on a standard keyboard, which is not on the top row?
OK, here's the answers.
4. Zaire, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Did you get more right this time?
Did you notice how much more fun my questions were compared to the tough ones above? If you are a quiz master then I hope I have given you something to think about when creating your next quiz.
Would you like to play one of my complete pub quizzes? If so click here: Fun Quiz
My printable quiz also has a brain teaser, a picture round, a weekly special round and a Family Fortunes round to make a really enjoyable and fun quiz night out. You can download one from my website by clicking this link: Printable Quiz