- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Toys for Kids
Science Toys | Science Kits for Kids
Science Toys and Kits
We've selected a great range of science toys. Kids learn though doing and playing. Science toys are a great way to encourage your child's interest in science.
Science kits make a great shared activity between kids and Moms and Dads. It's a chance for parents to share their passion for science with their kids or learn some science. In my case some of both - I did well in science at school, but I seem to have forgotten a lot of it. I'm looking forward to learning biology, physics and chemistry with my boys. My older son is very interested in science and asks lots of very good questions.
We've included kits that will appeal to girls too, though of course all of the science kits can be enjoyed by boys and girls.
Live Butterfly Garden
My son was very excited when I picked him up from his home daycare this week. He showed me the live butterfly garden they have set up. Very cool. He can tell me all about the lifecycle of caterpillars and butterflies. We live near a butterfly sanctuary so we often see butterflies but this brings them up close and he's really engaged.
Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden
Insect Lore Live Butterfly Pavillion@ Amazon
Snap Circuits Jr. SC-100 - Age 8-12 years
This set has an Amazon five star rating from around 200 reviews - praise indeed. What a brilliant way to learn how electricity works. Very practical, you can make light-bulbs light up by creating circuits and lots more.
* Awards: The National Parenting Center-Seal of Approval, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products, Dr Toy Best Educational Products
* Contains more than 30 Snap-Together parts
* Build more than 100 exciting projects
* Clear and concise illustrated manual included and available online
* Exciting projects include burglar alarm, doorbell and more
Scientific Explorer's My 1st Science Kit - The Science of Color - Age 4-8
This set caught our attention because the subject is a bit different - the science of color. It gets great reviews and is a great science kit for girls as well as boys.
* Winner of Creative Child Magazine's Seal of Excellence Award and Parents' Choice Approved Award
* Learn to make crystals in brilliant colors
* Explore color by mixing primary colors to discover how to make secondary colors
* Create a rainbow in a test tube
* Learn to set up a color science laboratory
Scientific Explorer's My First Dinosaur Science Kit - Age 4-8 years
We love dinosaurs! There's a huge range of science kids for aspiring paleontologists. This one gets lots of brilliant reviews so it's a great one to start with.
* A great way to introduce your child to these amazing creatures at an early age
* Build a glow in the dark Dino
* A great kit for sparking interest in prehistoric times
* This kit includes real excavation tools
* Explore the world of paleontology at an early age
Science Wiz DNA Kit - Age 8+
With this kit you can learn all about DNA, the basic building blocks of life. Lots of hands on learning and play make the concepts accessible.
* Science Wiz DNA Educational science kit
* This new edition of DNA makes the learning of the central concepts of molecular biology child's play
* Extract DNA from a fruit then probe and spool real DNA, build a double helix, solve a chromosome puzzle and ask, "Is it a boy or a girl?"
* You can also learn sterile techniques and model messenger RNA
* Kit includes a 40-pg. book and materials
The Magic School Bus: A Journey into the Human Body - Age 5-12
Tap into kids fascination with how the human body works. This kit gets great reviews from parents of boys and girls. Includes a big poster and stickers and lots of hands-on experiments. Maybe you'll encourage a future doctor, nurse or biologist?
* Ms. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus makes science an exhilarating experience
* Young Scientists bend bones, make joints, map taste buds, expand lungs, build a stethoscope, measure lung capacities
* Multiple award-winning science kits that make science fun, educational, and hands-on
* All kits are put on the market after it has passed the ultimate test-approval by multiple teams of Young Scientists
* Kit comes with all supplies needed (except for common household items) and
* A detailed manual with guidance for the parents that has been designed just like the famous books
* Heart rates, perform the iodine starch test, spin glitter, simulate synovial fluid, create a human body poster and much more
Thames and Kosmos Fun and Fundamentals Elements of Science - Age 10 years and up
This is a huge science kit! Great for homeschooling and for kids with a keen interest in science. Maybe you'll encourage a career in biochemistry? A good grounding in science is so valuable throughout life. Well worth encouraging.
* Giant science lab
* The mission of the National Geographic Society is to inspire people to care about the planet
* The National Geographic science kits from Thames and Kosmos further that mission by helping kids learn about science in a fun way
* 100 experiments in biology, chemistry, and more
I hope you enjoyed the
Do your kids have science toys? Do you remember having science toys as kids? We'd love to hear from you.