Smurfday Party Food Ideas and Recipes
Smurfday Party Food Ideas Plus Blue Food
What's a Smurf Party without food? Find some good Smurfday Party food ideas right here, with easy to follow recipes if needed and pictures to guide you.
Smurfs Blue Food, snacks, radish mushrooms, specialty Smurfberry blue candied apples, and more fun food for your Smurfday Party. If you're looking for Smurfday Party Food Ideas you've come to the right place.
Besides Smurf Party food ideas, you will also find a links to other Smurfday Party ideas, everything to make your party special.
- Image Credits: all Smurf Food Images are copyright of Kathy McGraw and may not be used without permission.
Smurfday Party Food and Drink Ideas - Ideas for Red, White, and Blue Snacks for your Smurf Party
What would a Smurf Birthday Party be without some blue and white foods and drinks? Some people are more creative than others, so here is a list of Smurfday blue and white ideas to get you started.
- Smurfday Blue and White M&M's fill a bowl with blue and white M&M's for the table, or go all out and personalize your M&M's for game prizes or Smurf treat bags.
- Blue Punch- Fill the Punch Bowl with Smurfy Blue Punch, Blue Gatoraid, or Blue Kool-Aid
- Smurfday Blue Ice Cream Pops or Ice Cubes- Depending on the weather you can make some Smurf Pops with those Ice Cream Pop Makers, or fill a couple ice cube trays with both plain water for white, and blue punch for blue. The ice cubes will look great in the Punch Bowl, and if you are having a kids Smurfday Party in the summer they will love the Smurfy Blue Pops.
- Smurfberry Candied Apples - um um good (see recipe on page)
- Smurfy Good Snack- Blue and White chips with dip- Get some blue and white tortilla chips, and make the dip according to age of guests- a simple dip for young guests and anything goes for older ones.
- Smurfy Blue Fruit Dip- A healthy dip you can make with your blue and white chips, or for kids use fruit for dipping ( recipe on page)
- Smurfberry Village Delights- super easy and kids love them. Blueberry waffles with berry jam and whipped cream. Just spread the jam on waffles and top with whipped cream.
- Smurfday Radish Mushrooms- These are adorable, perfect for either a kids or an Adults Smurfday Party. Just modify the stem, and leave the face off if you want. Use your imagination for what to do with them.
Smurf Candy Tins - Smurf Kooky Kan's are also Candy Tins
The Smurf Candy Tins are something a little different, you can collect them or use them strategically placed around the house for your Smurf Party. The 8.25-inch (h) x 2.5-inch (w) food-safe tins (also called "Kooky Kans") ship filled so that you can stir up your own fun! Retro and cool Each Kooky Kan comes with its own Kooky Kraft and candies inside Collect them all Use MIXO tins to create unique party favors, stocking stuffers, and gifts for those who appreciate the unusual. The tins are also designed for collecting.
Eat the candy, save the Tin for your Smurf collection.
More Smurfday Food-Strawberry Delights
Strawberry Delights- make designs with cut strawberries, a drop of vanilla pudding and a blueberry to make these flower like strawberry delights. You can put them on waffles, or little graham cracker pie crusts.
Make a blue or red dip for apple slices or other fruit or chips. Want a blue dip? No problem. Want a red one to break up all those blue foods, no problem.
Tip: You want your dip to be attractive enough that people will actually want to eat it, so be careful of the color you choose. If you wouldn't eat it, chances are others might not either. Look in the aisle of the store that has Jello and Gelatin and pick a suitable color. I am going for red here as red, white, and blue all go together.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 10-15 min.
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese-softened
- 1 pkg Gelatin (like Jello)-smalll size
- 1/2 cup Milk
- This is easy to make, just soften the cream cheese in a bowl then add your gelatin and milk slowly. Stir it until gelatin crystals are all mixed in with the cream cheese and your dip is the color you chose, as well as nice and smooth.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve, but set out in enough time to soften slightly.
- Tip: Gelatin is very sweet, an unsweetened one might be best. Also I chose cherry, but wished I had gotten a different flavor, maybe Strawberry.
Jelly or Jello Gelatin comes in many flavors - Which one is your favorite
Different countries call Gelatin by different names, but wheter it's Jelly, Jelly Powder or Jello Gelatin, it's the same thing. Which flavor do you like the best and think would be good in our cream cheese dip?
What flavor would you prefer in your quick and easy dip?
Making Smurfs Party Food Radish Mushrooms - Radish Mushrooms are easy to make and are a big hit for your Smurf Party
Making Smurfs Radish Mushrooms for your Smurf Party is very easy.
1. Clean your radishes, and then cut part way through each radish in a circular motion. Be careful not to cut too deep. Next you will gently cut down from the center to the line you made. Once you have the initial cut it will be easier to make the stem.
2. When you have all your radishes with a stem, take a paring knife and make little nicks around the top half of the radish. These make the white spots. Don't worry about being perfect, mine aren't but they still look like little Radish Mushrooms.
3. Insert a toothpick, or a larger skewer into your Smurfs Radish Mushroom if you want to display it on the table. You can stick them into foam which you decorate, or just use as another one of your snacks or in a salad. Use your creativity.
Smurfberry Candied Apples - A Smurfy twist to candied apples
Kids love Candied Apples, so why not make some Smurfberry Candied Apples for the Party? Imagine their surprise when they see these blue apples. These are also good for 4th of July parties.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 t- vanilla
- 1/2 to 3/4-t blue food coloring (depending on how blue you want)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Kayo works well)
- 10 apples (medium size) or if small maybe more- make sure they're hard lke Granny Smith's
- wooden sticks
- waxed paper (or slipat)
- Get your ingredients ready, then wash and dry your apples and insert sticks. Set these aside.
- Mix the sugar, water, and vanilla in a pot , then add your Smurfy blue food coloring. Make sure to use a deep enough pot so when you coat the apples you don't burn yourself.
- Cook over high flame, stirring occasionally, then when it melts turn flame down a tich and add candy thermometer.
- Boil to at least 285 degrees for a softer crack, or to 300-310 for a harder shell (hard crack) takes about 20 minutes
- When done, remove from heat and dip ( twirl) your apples into the mixture coating them evenly. Let excess drip back into the pan. You do need to work quickly before the candy mixture cools.
- Put Smurfberry Apples on greased wax paper or better yet use Silpat (highly recommended to prevent any sticking).
- Cool a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour
- Once done you can decorate the sticks with a bow or leave them plain.
- Note: If you don't have a candy thermometer make sure you get one, as it's important to have the right temperature.
Want Non-stick Smurfberry Candied Apples- Use Silpat - good for all your non-stick baking needs
Silpat is highly recommended by others that have made candied apples as the best non-stick product available. You won't have to worry about greasing a pan, as Silpat fits right into the pan if you are making cookies and things, but for our Smurfberry Candied Apples you can just set it on the counter. Set your Smurfberry Candied Apples on it and save the worry of wax paper sticking to them.
Pro's for buying the Silpat mat is you can put it in the oven, microwave, and even in the freezer! It's also very easy to clean, which is a huge plus in my opinion. I sure wish they had these when I was raising my kids!
A clean-up dream and perfect for making cookies and things that you don't want to stick, like our Smurfberry Candied Apples. No more peeling the waxed paper off our candied apples.
Potatoes That Look a Little Like a Mushroom House - Smurfy Good Food for Your Smurfday Party
Bake the potatoes, then cut them in half. Peel the halves that you will use to make mashed potatoes, then mash them up with a little bit of milk.
Make a small dip in the potato half then spoon the mashed potatoes into them. Place them into a shallow pan and place in oven long enough to brown the tops of the mashed potatoes. You can make a design with a fork before putting into the oven.
Serve with hamburgers, chicken, or any other meat dish.
The most important thing of all is to have fun!
Smurfday Cake Ideas - Pictures to give you inspiration in making your own Smurfday Cake
Here are some links to different Smurfday cakes that might give you some inspiration. If you don't want to make the complicated ones, you can always make a sheet cake and get one of the edible cake toppers to put on it, or decorate it with the little smurf figurines.
You can also use fondant and icing to draw/make your own Smurf characters on your cake or cupcakes. The large plastic Smurf rings are also good toppers for kids cupcakes too.
- Palermos Bakery - Serving New Jersey and New York
"It's a Smurfs World After All" 3D Smurf Mushroom House Cake. Decorated entirely with cake and different colors of fondant this is a too die for Smurfday Cake.
- The Smurfs Cakes | bigFATcook
Remember the Smurfs? Well, here's a gallery of ideas of beautiful and creative Smurfs Cakes.
Learn to Make Smurf Cake Pops With This Book - Holidays, Birthdays, and just for fun Cake Pops
Learn to make Smurf cake-pops and get tips on decorating with this book from Bakerella. Make your own Smurf Cake Pops with some imagination and a little modification of other popular recipes.
Bakerella is the Queen of Cake Pops, and she is the one others emulate when making cake pops.
Babycakes Cake Pops Maker - Make Smurf Cake Pops Quick and Easy
Babycakes first came out with the cupcake maker and after a lot of success, they made this easy to use cake pop maker.
I have a Babycakes and love mine. They're easy to use, and you can make cake pops without heating up the whole house, then decorate them for your Smurf Party.
Did you see anything you would like to make?