- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
The Best Wii Fit Games
Wii Fitness Games
These are the top rated Wii Fit games available. This list does not include any of the games that are not worth your time and have rated poorly. Only the best!
Wii Fit games are pretty much fall into three categories; strength training, aerobics, and Yoga. Yoga also allows you to work specifically on balance.
The Body Test
A Simple Test to Gauge Your Body Performance
First, you must take the step by step, easy to do, Body Test.
After choosing a Mii character, which is a virtual caricature of yourself to represent you.
Based on these results, you can also determine your Wii Fit Age. The whole family can engage in the Body Test and compare their progress together!
Here's a Tip!
When choosing your body shape, make sure to be as close as you can to your current shape, otherwise it would throw off your Body Test results!
Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus
The Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus games both include the following:
* As you spend time exercising, you'll earn Fit Credits that unlock additional exercises and activities within these categories. Wii Fit also tracks the activities you do the most and puts them into the Favorites category.
* Strength Training: Put your strength to the test with muscle-toning exercises like Single Leg Extension, Sideways Leg Lift, Arm and Leg Lift, Single-Arm Stand, Torso Twists, Rowing Squat, Single Leg Twist, Lunge, Push-Up and Side Plank, Jackknife, Plank and Tricep Extension. Challenges include Push-Up Challenge, Plank Challenge and Jackknife Challenge.
* Aerobics: Get your heart pumping with fun, interactive Aerobic exercises like Hula HoopÂ®, Basic Step, Basic Run, Super Hula Hoop, Advanced Step, 2-P Run, Rhythm Boxing, Free Step and Free Run.
* Yoga: Work on your balance and flexibility with Yoga poses and activities like Deep Breathing, Half-Moon, Dance, Cobra, Bridge, Spinal Twist, Shoulder Stand, Warrior, Tree, Sun Salutation, Standing Knee, Palm Tree, Chair, Triangle and Downward-Facing Dog.
* Balance Games: Get into the action with fun, balanced-based games like Soccer Heading, Ski Slalom, Ski Jump, Table Tilt, Tightrope Walk, Balance Bubble, Penguin Slide, Snowboard Slalom and Lotus Focus.
* Keep tabs on your daily progress with easy-to-understand graphs and charts. Using your personal profile, you can set goals, view a graph of your BMI results over time, see how many Fit Credits you've earned, check your Wii Fit Age and even enter exercise time you've done outside of Wii Fit. It's all about coming back and exercising a little every day, and the personal profile makes tracking your daily progress simple and easy.
* You can quickly check your Wii Fit Age and BMI without even putting the game in the console by going directly to the Wii Fit Channel.
* Up to eight family members can create their own profiles in Wii Fit. On the profile-selection screen, everyone in the family can see each other's recent BMI progress and Fit Credit total. This will allow families to have a friendly competition to exercise and get fit.
Here's a Tip!
Start with the Wii Fit Plus game first
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
* The Wii Fit Plus Bundle includes the game software and the Wii Balance Board.
* Users can input the amount of time they want to spend on their workouts or select an area for personal improvement, and Wii Fit Plus will suggest a number of diverse activities for them.
* For the first time, users can mix and match which strength and yoga activities they prefer on a given day. The seamless exercise flows make it easier than ever for users to maintain their daily workout routines.
* The range of games and customization options will make players want to play every day. They will be having so much fun that their workouts will seem to fly by in no time at all.
Wii Fit Plus without Balance Board
This is just the software and assumes that you have already purchased the Balance Board.
"I'm a 54 year old female who HATES any type of "formal" exercise (that which is not walking or gardening, pretty much) and I LOVE MY Wii FIT! " - C. Day "Charski"
"Yoga is where it truly shines. I tried the breathing exercises and a few of the postures, and the instructions were fairly detailed and easy to follow. I expect that I'll use this as a cheap and convenient personal yoga instructor for months to come. " - Damodar Chetty
Courtesy of Amazon
Gold's Gym Cardio Workout
* Get a real workout using the Nintendo Wii's motion controls to do cardio boxing, running, and more
* Compatible with the Nintendo Balance Board
* Maintains calendar of your fitness, calories burned, and more
* Automatically changes difficulty of workout based on your fitness
* Includes free one-week trial membership at real-life Gold's Gym
My Fitness Coach
* Personal virtual trainer demonstrates moves, gives advice, and provides motivation
* Access almost 500 exercises for flexibility, cardio fitness, strength training and more
* Personalized goals let you chose length and frequency of program on a calendar
* Customize your environment and pick your favorite type of workout music
* Chart your progress with graphs over an extended period of time
EA Sports Active
* Game includes a deep co-operative multiplayer game mode.
* Engage in fitness made easy through 20 minute circuits feature a variety of familiar activities that target upper body, lower body as well as cardio.
* Follow the guidance, motivation and training tip of your very own virtual personal trainer.
* 30 day challenge' of tailor made 20 minute workouts, that change as you progress each day, and track calories, intensity and progress throughout your journey.
* Gameplay/workout options are extended with the included Nunchuck strap and resistance band accessories, and compatibility with the Wii Balance Board (not included).
EA Sports Active: More Workouts
* Enjoy extensive multiplayer support that allows you to workout with a buddy (additional EA Sports Active exercise accessories not included).
* EA Sports Active More Workouts keeps your EA Sports Active workout fresh with over 35 all new exercises and fitness activities.
* The 6 Week Challenge, a total body, structured fitness plan that accommodates both experienced 30 Day Challengers and new users of EA Sports Active.
* Compatibility with EA Sports Active Personal Trainer that allows you to transfer details like age, weight, name and gender from the old game, and recognize your previous workout information and goals.
* Get fitness and nutrition tips from professionals with the included Fitness Book. This book will help you keep going on your journey to better health with tips, tricks and advice on good nutrition and fitness.
Go Play Lumberjacks
* Four-player party competition from the great outdoors
* Five event categories featuring over 15 individual events
* 15 eclectic characters to chose from, each with unique animations and tools
* Unlock use of your own Mii
* Wii Balance Board support
* Intuitive controls - Fly down the slopes with your friends and family - Hit the slopes with up to 4 players to race, slice through slaloms, and traverse moguls as you head to the lodge for some hot chocolate!
* As big as a real mountain - We Ski features 14 exhilarating courses, including runs for beginner and intermediate skiers, and black diamonds for the advanced skiers!
* Race down the slopes and more! - In addition to races, freestyle, moguls, and slaloms, enjoy over a dozen other activities including Ski School, Centipede Races, Search and Rescue, and shoot photos to share with your friends on WiiConnect24!
* Ski the mountain at night - Enjoy the kaleidoscope of colorful fireworks in the night sky as you perform night specific activities on all 14 courses!
* Ski with your Mii or a customized character - Use your own Mii, or customize your characters with almost limitless combinations of hair style, body type, and more! And earn points to buy new skis, gloves, outfits, and more!
Wii Sports Resort
* Includes one Wii MotionPlus accessory (one required for each controller to play)
* Compete against friends and family
* Play with 1 to 4 players
* New games include: Sword Play, Power Cruising, Disc Dog, Archery, Skydiving, Jet ski, Frisbee, Table Tennis and Golf.
* Easy pick-up-and-play controls
* Includes six new strength and yoga activities.
Fun Wii Sites to Visit
- MiiCharacters.com - Make Famous Miis
Step by step instructions on how to make famous Mii characters and celebrity Miis for your Nintendo Wii. Browse our library of Mii files or upload your own to generate instructions.
- Wii Fit Routine - The Fastest Growing Wii Fit Workout Community on the Web!
Looking for a Wii Fit Workout Routine? Come join the Fastest Growing Wii Fit Workout Community on the Web!
Wii Fit Terminology and FAQ
Answers to Your Wii Fit Questions
What is the Wii Fit weight limit?
Measurable weight is 330 lbs. It does support up to 600 lbs.
The Wii Fit can only measure up to 330 lbs. However, regular scales do not go that high. You can use the balance board, since it can support weights up to 600 lbs according to Shigeru Miyamoto. However, the progress will not be recorded until a person's weight is below 330 lbs.
What is the Wii Fit Channel?
The Wii Fit Channel is an interactive channel that lets users check in each day to track your fitness progress in the Wii Fit game through your weight and BMI measurements. The Wii Fit Channel will take you directly to the Wii Fit Plaza, which is identical to the Wii Fit Plaza in the game. The Wii Fit Channel lets you do the following, without having to insert or start up the Wii Fit game disc:
* Participate in a Body Test
* Load a Saved Profile and adjust the User Settings
* View a Progress Chart
What is the Check Mii Out Channel?
The questions and answers were culled from the Nintendo Wii support site, online forums, and personal experience. If you have more questions, please stop by the Nintendo Customer Support website.