The Wisp in Buried (Mined Game Easter Egg Step) - Call of Duty, Black Ops 2, Zombies
In order to bring the Guillotine to full power you will need to charge it using a wisp. The wisp can be formed by punching three signs in the tunnel with your Galvaknuckles. However, in order to determine which signs to punch you will need to decode the Cypher.
What You Need:
- The Guillotine
Optional but Recommended:
The Steps for Powering the Guillotine:
- Have the Giant hold a crawler (optional but recommended)
- Punch the Signs
- Move the Wisp to the Guillotine
- Kill five charged zombies
Note: I called this creature a spire on the Maxis side of the 'Mined Games' Easter Egg. I am going to call it a wisp on the Richtofen side of 'Mined Games' in order not to cause confusion when discussing these steps.
Preparing For The Wisp Step
It is important to set the stage properly before beginning this step. There is limited time to travel to each Wisp location before it fades away. I have several suggestions that will make this step easier.
- Everyone should buy Vulture-Aid. It will allow you to see the Wisp through walls.
- Make a crawler and have the Giant pick it up by feeding it Candy near the crawler.
- Have each player sit in a different location of the Town. This will allow them to get to an area quickly.
- Let the player that has the Paralyzer punch the signs. This gives him the ability to move quickly from the tunnels to the area below.
- You are going to need the Time Bomb in the next step, you might want to get it while the Giant is holding the crawler.
Punch The Signs
There are five signs located in the Tunnels. You need to punch three of those five signs with the Galvaknuckles in order to activate the Wisp. In the previous step we decoded the Cypher on the Gunsmith to determine the three signs that we need to punch.
After you punch the final sign a Wisp will appear from the Sign.
Steps for Activating The Wisp:
- Approach a sign and stand within striking distance.
- Press your melee button in order to punch. A red fog should appear around the sign.
- Repeat the first two steps for all three signs.
Note: The order of the first two signs does not matter. But I suggest punching the last sign on the Cypher last. This will allow you to be close to the areas that the Wisp will appear.
Move The Wisp To The Guillotine
The Wisp should first appear out of the final sign that you punched with the Galvaknuckles. It will move to a new location when you activate it. You will then need to find it at the next location and activate it again. It will move to five or six places before finally ending up at the Guillotine.
You will have a limited amount of time to reach each new location of the Wisp. Using the Paralyzer will help you move quickly from one location to the next. You can also stage other players in areas where it is known to appear. If you do not locate the Wisp in time it will disappear. You will then need to go back and activate the signs in order to try again.
I created a list of possible locations of the Wisp. These or the locations I have seen. There should be more possible locations. I will add new possible locations as I find them.
The Steps For Moving The Wisp:
- Locate the Wisp
- Stand very close to the Wisp and press your action button.
- It will move to a new location.
- Repeat this until it moves to the Guillotine.
Possible Locations of The Wisp:
- By the last sign you punch.
- In the Tunnel, above the Sheriff's Office.
- The second floor of the Barn.
- The second floor of the General Store.
- The second floor of the Candy Store
- In the passageway between the Bank and the Gunsmith
- On the back section of the General Store roof.
- The Guillotine.
Note: You need to move the Spire through zombies on the Maxis side of the 'Mined Games' Easter Egg. But this is not necessary on the Richtofen side. You will feed the Wisp charged zombies after it reaches its destination (see the next step).
Feed The Wisp
In order to fully power the Guillotine you will need to feed the Wisp five charged zombies. The Zombies are charged by the Wisp when they are in range of the Guillotine.
The Wisp charges them by shooting itself out of the Guillotine and into the zombie. The Zombie will then glow with the light of the Wisp.
After Killing the Zombie the Wisp will return to the Guillotine with an extra small white orb. The new orb will begin revolving around the Crystal. This step is completed when there are five orbs revolving around the Crystal.
The Steps for Charging The Wisp:
- Order the Giant to Kill the Crawler. You will need a round to start in order to get zombies within range of the Guillotine.
- Wait until a zombie is hit with the Wisp.
- Kill the Zombie.
- Repeat steps two and three until five zombies have been 'fed' to the Wisp.