72 Cool and Fun Things To Do In Minecraft
The Best Cool and Fun Things To Do In Minecraft
Bored in Minecraft and looking for some fun things to do? Try out this massive list of things or projects that will keep you busy for a long time to come.
Minecraft has grown from humble beginnings into one of the most popular sandbox building games that offers users endless opportunities for gamers. This potentially endless amount of content also makes it hard to decide what to do.
Maybe you're stuck on ideas or just looking for some inspiration for your next creation or wondering what your next adventure will be. Below you'll find options for builders, adventurers and all other styles of players.
Don't forget to vote in the poll below and share your own favourite things to do down below in the comment section.
Things To Do In Minecraft
Try These Fun, Cool and Silly Activities
How Do You Play Minecraft?
What Is Your Minecraft Style?
1. Blow Stuff Up with TNT
The uses for TNT are limited in a proper survival game like Minecraft (and it is often hard to gather sufficient resources in mass). However, in creative mode, where you can spawn an unlimited amount of TNT, you can cause dramatic destruction to the game world, your own creations, or better yet those of your friends.
There are plenty of TNT videos around on YouTube showcasing some insane feats. My favourite (below) is a TNT block made out of other TNT blocks.
Minecraft TNT Block Explosion
2. Build a Boat And Travel the Seas
3. Build a Castle
4. Build a Cobblestone Spawner
5. Build a House
6. Build a Huge Farm
7. Build a Statue
8. Build a Tower To The Sky Limit
9. Build an Animal Farm
10. Build an Entire City
11. Build an Obsidian Farm
12. Build an Obstacle Course
13. Build Something Underwater
14. Build the Ultimate Fortress
15. Build Things From Real Life
Minecraft gives you all the tools you need to build, and looking to the real world for inspiration is often the best place to start, especially if you struggle to create new ideas or are just starting to play.
From famous monuments like the Eiffel Tower (pictured) to everyday objects like your desk, car, or favourite park, you can recreate everyday objects one block at a time.
The Top 5 Real Life Buildings In Minecraft
16. Build Your Own Igloo
17. Build Your Own Pirate Ship and Have a Cannon Battle
18. Climb the Highest Mountain You Can Find
19. Collect One of Every Block
20. Collect One of Every Item
21. Create a Huge Hole and Fill it With TNT
22. Create a Lava Waste Disposal
23. Create a Lava Waterfall
24. Create an Adventure or Puzzle Map
If you haven't been introduced to the joys of adventure and puzzle maps yet then you are seriously missing out. These maps are designed by fans and can offer a serious challenge that focuses either on adventure or puzzle aspects.
If you want something that is sure to take a long time and really test your understanding of game mechanics, then creating your own map is the perfect option. If you're able to create something really spectacular, a famous Minecraft YouTube channel may try out your map, and you'll get to watch millions of people play on it.
Co-Op Puzzle Map With The Yogscast
25. Create a Minecraft Skin
26. Create a Mob Trap
27. Create a Rollercoaster
28. Create your very own Minecraft mod
29. Create a Treehouse
30. Create Some 8-Bit Art
8-bit art is extremely popular in Minecraft thanks to how easy it is to recreate the 8-bit feel with the blocks.
While there are now countless tutorials online that walk you through the process of building all your favourites block by block it's much more fun to try to develop your own method.
Some 8-bit art ideas include your favourite video game character, TV show character, or even your favourite movie.
Amazing 8-Bit Minecraft Art
31. Create Something From Obsidian
32. Create Something From Red Stone
33. Create Your Own Minecraft Server
34. Destroy a NPC Village
35. Destroy Something of Yours (or Someone Else's)
36. Dig Straight Down
37. Dig to the Bottom of the World (Bedrock)
38. Explore a Cave
39. Fight the Ender Dragon
The Ender Dragon was the first boss-type monster to be introduced into Minecraft, and many players have yet to defeat it. While the fight itself can be pretty easy if you cheat to give yourself all the necessary equipment, I encourage players to start a fresh survival game and try to take out the Ender Dragon, as doing it that way feels much more rewarding (especially on hardcore mode).
If you've already killed the Ender Dragon, then you can spice it up by challenging yourself to killing it within a number of days or even racing your friends to the first Ender Dragon kill on a server.
Kill the Ender Dragon Video
40. Fill up Your Whole Inventory With Diamonds
41. Find a NPC Village
42. Find a Stronghold And Conquer it
43. Find and Kill a Spider Jockey
44. Get Every Diamond Tool and Armor
45. Go Fishing
46. Go on A Massive Expedition and Get Lost
47. Have an Archery Competition
48. Create a Trap and Use Cake as Bait
Creating a trap is always a great way to pass the time in Minecraft and cake traps are quite possibly the most popular of these such traps. Not only is this because cake is often irresistible but also ties well into Portal's popular "The cake is a lie" phrase.
While cake traps started as basic arrow shooters and TNT explosives they have since become more and more complex to include walls of fire arrows, lava and many other unique designs. With plenty of tutorials online it's easy to get started which can provide you a strong foundation to eventually create deadly cake traps to trick your friends.
Minecraft Supercharged Cake Trap
49. Install a Mod or new Texture Pack
50. Join a New Minecraft Server
51. Make a House Out of Diamond or Gold
52. Make a Video
53. Make a Waterslide
54. Make Some Minecraft Music With Noteblocks
The introduction of note blocks was a unique addition that opened up a whole new world of possibilities in the form of creating music. By combining these simple note blocks, Redstone players have been able to recreate all their favourite songs in the Minecraft universe.
If you fancy yourself an inventor and Redstone expert but haven't attempted to create a song yet, you'll find it the perfect challenge to take your buildings skills to an entirely new and musical level.
The Top 5 Minecraft Note Block Music Pieces
55. Make Your Dream House
56. Make Your Own Underground Subway System
57. Plant a Tree in the Nether
58. Play a Custom Adventure or Puzzle Map
59. Play a Hardcore Game and Try to Beat the Ender Dragon
60. Recreate a Scene from Your Favourite Movie
61. Recreate Your House From Real Life
If you've been playing Minecraft long enough you've probably built plenty of dirt houses in survival mode to get you through your first night and made plenty of extravagant houses on the other end of the spectrum in creative. But have you created your house from real life yet?
There is something about creating your real life house in Minecraft that forces you to give an extra attention to detail as you try to get everything just right. The perfectionists among us can attempt to create a scale model and even include the major furniture items inside.
Building My Real House (TheSyndicateProject)
62. Recruit Some Wolves to Your Pack
63. Ride a Pig
64. Take All the Sand From the Desert
65. Try to Get All the Music Discs
66. Try to Enchant the Ultimate Weapons
67. Try to Find a Nether Fortress
68. Visit the Nether
69. Try to Get All the Achievements
70. Try to Survive a Whole Night Outside Without Weapons
71. Use a Minecraft Seed
72. Find Herobrine
If you've completed the other 71 things to do in Minecraft on this list, then there is only one thing left: solve the mystery of Herobrine...