- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games
Tips to Get Special Loot and Shift Codes for Borderlands 2 (2014)
Tips to help you survive your stay in Borderlands
There you have it! If you thought I was done after my review of Borderlands 2, you thought wrong as I'm going to continue with some hints, tips, and other cool stuff about this game.
So for first-timers, pay close attention as I have some handy tips that will save you from becoming a digital rotting carcass in Pandora. Besides, I will also show you ways to get even more cool weapon and equipment, including shift codes which can be redeemed when you reach sanctuary to get rare and special item. It's available for PC / Mac, Xbox360 and PlayStation 3.
There's a lot of special easter eggs in this game that you must know and earned. Some of them you might have heard before like Minecraft, Alice in Wonderlands and The Lord of The Rings. Without further ado, let's jump right into it!
You might also interested to view these lenses..
Borderlands 2 Review
Even before video games were created, men have always had a fascination of what the world would be if it experienced a nuclear fallout and all that remains w...
Borderlands 2 Characters and Classes
The classes available in Borderlands 2 are totally brand new, although some of them might share many similarities with the playable characters in Borderlands...
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Review
Although much has been written about the Cold War, few games have taken advantage of this particular conflict, which saw political and military tension betwe...
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Characters and Maps
Call of Duty: Black Ops story was pretty convoluted, thanks to its fondness of constantly jumping between timelines of different characters and trippy brainw...
Get Genuine Dota 2 Beta Key/Invite Now
Dota 2 is an upcoming action real-time strategy PC Games developed by Valve Corporation. It is the sequel to the classic Defence of the Ancients which is pla...
Shift Codes Borderlands 2
Scroll until you see full article as there are few links (Not just 1) you can find that will bring you to the latest Shift Codes that can be redeemed for Borderlands 2
Pandora Survival 101
Top 10 tips for you!
- The first and most important rule of Borderlands 2 is: To have friends! Yes, playing alone can be fun but playing with friends makes he game much easier and more enjoyable.
- However, if you are a lone wolf type of gamer, pick your class wisely. All four classes have their advantages and if upgraded correctly, a single-player game can still be a lot of fun.
- Third rule of the day: don't be afraid to reset or RESPEC your skills. If you find something lacing with your character, just reset your skills and experiment with another skill tree and combo.
- Open up as many boxes, lockers, chests, crates, and outhouses you encounter in the game as these containers normally contains goodies such as ammo, weapons, and money.
- Sell off what you don't need! This game is all about the loot so remember to sell off all the stuff you don't need to free up inventory slots. You may not be able to buy a house in this game, but money is important to stay well-stocked with ammo and a full health bar.
- Don't be a skinflint with Eridium! Spend them on precious SDU upgrades as they will help in keeping your pockets full of bullets and loads more space for loot.
- Never ever just rely on one gun! You can equip up to four guns, so mix and match them with weapond of different elemental types so you are prepared for the many kinds of enemy lurking in Pandora.
- Be a total badass! What this actually means is try to complete as many challenges as possible as this not only give you new skins but also tokens which can be spent on upgrades such as maximum health, maximum shield capacity, gun damage, reload speed and more.
- Complete as many side-quests as possible! The main quest may be the most important but completing side-quests helps a great deal as you will usually be given new and more powerful weapon, mods, and Eridium.
- Long walks are always a bad idea! There are driveable vehicles in Borderlands 2 and they make getting from one location to another faster and also safer since it has more health and higher weapon damage that makes dispatching enemies to breeze. I love the runner equipped with the rocket launcher.
Radioactive Easter Eggs Apenlty
Little surprises Gearbox left for gamers! - WARNING, WARNING. SPOILER ALERT!
Gearbox loves paying homage t games, pop, and nerd culture as there are just so many hidden surprises in Borderlands 2. Some are more obvious than others and some can be so subtle that it could be shooting you in the face before you realized what hit you. So, before you read this, be warned that some of these happen later in the game so these are technically spoilers. But if you want to know where to find these cool easter eggs, read on!
Don't miss these easter eggs!
- Minecraft's Creeper Invasion
- Down in a secret area in the Caustic Caverns, Minecraft's most feared enemies have taken up residence and if you kill enough of them, you are rewarded Minecraft-inspired skins for your characters. If you are even luckier, you can also pick up a Hyperion-manufactured weapon that shoots Minecraft arrows.
- Immortalized fan
- In Sanctuary, you will meet an NPC named Michael Mamaril who gives you a weapon which unocks an achievement. For the uniniated, he was a fan of Borderlands who passed away because of cancer at a very young age.
- Kill Pandora's version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- This quest is given to you by Dr. Tannis and tasks you with killing four mutant escapees from the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve who are seeking refuge in Bloodshot Stronghold. You first have to get a pizza from Moxxi and then deliver it to them. After you kill Lee, Dan, Mick, and Ralph, you have to solve a short puzzle which will then lead you to master Flinter.
- SWEAR TO ME! FOR I AM RAKKMAN!
- Hidden up in the frozen caverns of the Fridge lives a legend who has taken on the symbol of the fearsome Rakk. But unlike a certain DC superhero, he causes more harm with his smoke bombs and boomerangs. After killing him you might even get a pistol that you throw when you reload which returns like a boomerang.
- Gorillas in the Blight
- Well, not exactly gorillas; more like vicious Bullymongs. In the Eridium Blight, there are two larger than life Bullymongs known as Donkey Mong and King Mong. Both spawn randomly and are quite tough to kill.
- Pandora's Dark Soul
- Once again, this easter egg is found in the Caustic Cavern and is one of the most difficult to find as you have to deal with a unique Crystalisk monster and traverse through acid pools. But once you get to an island with a lone tree, you'll find Knight Solitaire and a phantom spirit.
- Scanning Pandora
- All around Pandora, you will find countless QR codes on boxes and walls. They aren't just there for show as you can actually scan them with your smartphone and get messages from the developer or funny easter eggs.
- Pandora's Men of of the North
- When walking around in Sanctuary, if you speak to some of the natives they may just say this line: "I used to be a vault hunter like you but I took a bullt to the knee." Classic!
Videos guide to get your easter eggs in Borderlands 2
Buy Deluxe Vault Hunter's Borderlands 2 Collector's Edition and Strategy Guide
For Playstation 3
Buy this book to learn complete guide to Borderlands 2. Here is one of the customer review on the book:
“It was perfect for what i needed had everything to make sure you can find everything throughout the game. ”
Eric Fraley | 2 reviewers made a similar statement