Vuly Thunder Trampoline - Is it the best Trampoline?
Something you need to know about the Vuly Thunder.....
Ok, so trampolines are not just for kids. I decided to test my kids' comments about the bounce on the Vuly Thunder being super good. This morning I decided to have a jump myself and all I can say is "WOW!" The Vuly Thunder Trampoline has a superior bounce. I mean, fantastic, super dooper, amazing, extraordinarily good....(hang on while I grab my thesaurus...hehe).
I've tried other types of trampolines. I've jumped on the spring trampolines and the spring free one too and the Vuly is definitely the jump of all jumps, the bounce of all bounces.
Image is of the Vuly thunder trampoline I bought for the kids. - I took it while bouncing; high VERY high.
The BEST bounce EVER Mum!
Deciding what trampoline to buy is stressful!
Tough decision huh? I know, as I stressed about what sort of trampoline to get for some time and I did lots of research so I could find a trampoline that was safe for my kids to use.
So, after all my research, I finally bought a Vuly Thunder Trampoline. As a result, I will share with you why I consider the Vuly Trampoline to be the BEST trampoline, instead of the competing springfree trampoline. I hope this helps you with your own decision on which trampoline to buy.
Too often kids want to use all their time on electronics such as xbox, playstation, Wii or DS. While I don't mind my kids playing some electronics, I do limit the time they are on them. One of the things I decided to give my kids for Christmas was a trampoline. It's one way to get them away from electronics.
WHY I DECIDED TO GET A TRAMPOLINE
The benefits of a trampoline extend beyond simply getting the kids to do something aside from gaming. Really, you are paying for something that is going to be used for years so it is a great investment. Up front cost may seem high but compare that to taking them to play centres or bounce centres and it really can be a great saving.
Here are some of the benefits:
- It's great cardiovascular exercise for them
- The rebound is extremely good for your health & bouncing is low impact
- When my kids have friends over, it gives them a destination and something to do together
- It increases bone density
- It gets them out in the sun to get some Vitamin D - obviously don't overdo it in the sun but some sun is very good for you
- It gets them outdoors in the fresh air
- It is great for stress relief
TOP 5 Considerations before you buy a trampoline
There are a few things that I took into account before I bought the Vuly trampoline.
1. Safety was absolutely crucial. I watched some videos of trampolines being tested and people bouncing into the net that enclosed the trampoline and was shocked to see that many did not stop people hitting the ground. It did slow the fall but I'd say you could still get hurt. I did not want the springs to be in the way. So many fingers, toes, feet and other body parts get caught in the springs and can do some major damage.
2. Bounce factor. How good is the bounce and what are the pressure points on the body? There is another brand of springfree trampoline that causes knee injury by repetitive mild twisting on landing because of the design.
3. Size - this came down to the size of my yard and how many children I have. I wanted a large trampoline but not too large that it would not fit in my yard. The Vuly Thunder comes in Medium, Large and Extra Large.
4. Shape - I was considering a rectangular trampoline but the Vuly Thunder only comes as circle - but I'm not disappointed.
5. The quality of the product - will it tip over? What is the design like overall?
I was surprised at the quality of the mat. It felt soft and the bounce was exceptional. When I pressed against the outer enclosure, I did not move far. Very impressed with Vuly!
I got a free trampoline tent with my purchase.
About the installation of the Vuly Thunder
I did live chat with the support team to ask about installation. They gave me the phone number of someone who would be able to install the trampoline for me. Being a single Mum, I was told it would be difficult to do it on my own.
I booked in my installation. I've included a picture of Charles setting it up so you can see what it was like. The process was good but I really would have struggled to install this on my own.
First, he set up the two bottom circle, metal rungs. Then He placed the metal strips in their place and used a tool to slightly bend the metal strips so he could attach the strips to the hooks under the trampoline mat. Then came the trampoline mat, followed by the upper metal poles and net. Finally, there is a mesh skirt that goes around the bottom. It does up with a zip and is held in place by velcro attachments at each of the poles.
Overall, I think it took around 2 hours to be fully installed. If you have a male partner then you may not need someone to install it for you. The only thing is that Charles, my installer, knew exactly where to place the tool to bend the metal strips slightly inward so he could attach them to the trampoline hooks on the mat. He made a point of telling me this because if you don't bend the metal strips in the right place, it makes it hard to attach the mat. He did a great job - thanks Charles.
Pictures of the Vuly Thunder Trampoline Being Set Up - This give you a look at the process for setting upClick thumbnail to view full-size
The Vuly is a cut above the rest. It has a superior bounce, top safety features, well thought out design features, comes with great accessories, doesn't need a ladder as an add on and is top quality in general. It even comes with symbols on the mat so the kids can play games on it.
If you want the best then the Vuly Thunder is it.
What do you think of the Vuly Thunder? Leave a comment and I'll be happy to reply.