- Games, Toys, and Hobbies»
- Computer & Video Games»
- Roleplaying Video Games
The Witcher 2 Editions
The Best PC RPG Game of 2011
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a PC & Xbox 360 RPG game by a Polish game studio CD Projekt RED. It was released on May 17th, 2011 worldwide and received critical acclaim from a number of gaming websites. The game features gorgeous graphics, great soundtrack, and a deep and rich storyline based around the fantasy novel series by renowned Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski.
PC Gamer had this to say in their review:
The Witcher 2 is a game that shoots for the sun while its rivals are still lining up their sights on the moon. It's an AAA RPG with an indie soul, and a charged, exciting adventure you can really sink your teeth into, admire, and for the most part, love.
Find out what great bonuses are included in the three different editions of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game. This great RPG title comes in three different editions - Premium, Digital Premium, and Collector's - and you will find their contents listed below.
The Witcher 2 Premium Edition
The Premium Edition is actually the standard retail edition of Witcher 2, available for $50 or less. While most games rarely include any extra items in their regular editions, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings offers an impressive array of bonuses:
- Making-of DVD: interviews, developer diaries, trailers, gameplay footage and other videos related to the production of the game.
- Soundtrack CD: a disk containing the in-game music of TW2.
- Game guide: a 96-page guide that will come in handy for both novices and experienced RPG fans.
- Game manual: a 16-page introduction to the game which contains a rulebook and an interface explanation.
- A pamphlet and a cursed coin, both representing certain in-game items.
- Papercraft dolls: one of Geralt, and the other one random for collecting purposes.
As you can see, the contents of The Witcher 2 Premium Edition are really quite impressive, especially considering the price. In addition to these bonuses, you might be able to get exclusive DLCs, depending on which retailer you buy the game at.
The Witcher 2 Digital Premium Edition
The contents of this Witcher 2 edition are largely the same as in the Premium Edition, only they're in the digital form. That means if you buy the game from digital download services like Steam, you will still be able to enjoy most of the extra goodies.
- Making-of: all the cinematic materials of the game, including exclusive making-of video.
- MP3 soundtrack: downloadable The Witcher 2 OST.
- World map: digital map of the in-game world (PDF format).
- Game guide: digital version of the game guide (PDF format).
- Game manual PDF of the game manual included in the physical Premium Edition.
- Pamphlet: special PDF-format version of the in-game item.
- Papercraft templates: PDF papercraft dolls of TW2 characters that you can print out.
The only thing that is missing in The Witcher 2 Digital Premium compared to the "physical" Premium Edition is the Cursed Coin item. Of course, a PDF file with a picture of a metal object wouldn't be very useful.
The Witcher 2 Collector's Edition
The Witcher 2 Collector's Edition contents include everything from the Premium box (listed above), plus the following items:
- Sculpture of Geralt: marble imitation head sculpture of the TW2 protagonist.
- Artbook: a 200-page long artbook with game's graphical assets and their descriptions.
- Dice set: based on The Witcher's dice poker game. 5 pcs and a handy bag.
- Stickers: 3 stickers with TW2 graphics.
- Playing cards: a standard 54-piece set of cards with in-game graphics.
- Cards guide: a guide on how to win in card and dice games by in-game character Dandelion.
- Temerian oren: a physical coin of the King Foltest's currency used in the game.
- More papercrafts, including a big one of Draug, a fierce monster from The Witcher lore.
CD Project is calling this "the richest Collector's Edition ever", and I think they have a point!
The Witcher 2 Launch Trailer - Disdain & Fear
Epic launch trailer with a great soundtrack and impressive visuals.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.5 GHz
RAM: 1 GB if Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista or Win 7
Graphics: GeForce 8800 512 MB / Radeon HD3850 512 MB
HDD Space: 16 GB
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 3 GB if Windows XP / 4 GB if Windows Vista or Win7
Graphics: GeForce 260 1 GB / Radeon HD4850 1 GB
HDD Space: 16 GB
Information on The Witcher 2 system requirements provided by the official FAQ.
Rate the Game
How would you rate The Witcher 2 on the scale of 1 to 5?
Looking for the Xbox 360 Version?
The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition also comes in multiple packages
The developers of The Witcher 2 are known to include lots of additional collectibles and other items with their games. Just like the original release of TW2 was available in several different editions, the Xbox 360 game (aka the The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition) can also be bought in Enhanced or Dark versions. Click the link for full Enhanced Edition details.