- Games, Toys, and Hobbies
YuGiOh - Duelist League
YuGiOh Duelist League Returns - July 2010
The always popular YuGiOh! Duelist League has now made its return to gaming stores around the world. On this page you'll find everything you need to know about Duelist Leagues including the rules and a full spoiler for the current participation card lists. You can also vote for your favourite card from the commons on offer, and don't forget to say 'hello' on our guestbook too. Enjoy!
Duelist League is a relatively casual introduction to organised YuGiOh! play, open to Duelists born in 1995 or later. The idea is to play at your own pace without the pressure of rounds and the normal Swiss tournament structure of other events. Read on for the full rules.
Duelist League Rules
The idea behind the Duelist League is to allow younger players to play in a more relaxed atmosphere than normal official events. There are no rounds and everyone wins something.
1) Players must be born in 1995 or later and must have a COSSY card - most participating stores should be able to issue you with a COSSY card on the day of the event, if you've never taken part in an official event before.
2) All duels are conducted under the full advanced rules and decks must be checked against the current forbidden/limited card list.
3) Duelist League events normally run for around 2 hours.
4) At the start, every player receives 3 duelist cards.
5) Players are then free to play against whoever they like. If necessary, store staff will help to arrange match-ups.
6) Each match is only 1 single duel in length. The winner receives one of the losing players' duelist cards.
7) Once a duelist has collected 5 duelist cards from opponents, they must turn them in to staff and can pick a card from a selection of rare cards as their prize.
8) If a duelist runs out of duelist cards, they can choose from the available common cards and also receive a random rare card as their participation prize.
9) At the end of the two hours, any duelists who do not yet have a rare card get to pick one from the available selection. The player with the most cards picks first and so on. If there is a tie, youngest player picks first.
It should be noted that not every card in the list below will necessarily be available to pick from at every Duelist League event.
Duelist/Hobby League in Video
To get you in the mood for the new style Duelist League, here's a selection of videos featuring cards, action and much more from Duelist and Hobby leagues around the world.
Current Duelist League Prize Card Lists
Here's the full spoiler for the participation cards currently available as prizes in Duelist League events (with thanks to Sunday Sean for sitting and compiling it):
DLDI-EN001 Man-Eater Bug
DLDI-EN002 Nimble Momonga
DLDI-EN003 Axe of Despair
DLDI-EN004 Enemy Controller
DLDI-EN005 Lightning Vortex
DL09-EN001 Blue Eyes White Dragon
DL09-EN002 Penguin Soldier
DL09-EN004 Big Shield Gardna
DL09-EN005 Giant Rat
DL09-EN006 Mystic Tomato
DL09-EN007 Blade Knight
DL09-EN008 Legendary Jujitsu Master
DL09-EN009 Zabog The Thunder Monarch
DL09-EN011 Blakwing Bora The Spear
DL09-EN012 Colossal Fighter
DL09-EN013 Swords of Revealing Light
DL09-EN014 Mystical Space Typhoon
DL09-EN016 Soul Taker
DL09-EN017 Trap Hole
DL09-EN018 Sakuretsu Armor
DL09-EN019 Compulsory Evacuation Device
DL09-EN020 Threatning Roar
Featured Card 1 - Blackwing - Bora The Spear
Nice Blackwing with Pierce. Probably going to be a popular pick:
If you control a "Blackwing" monster other than "Blackwing - Bora the Spear", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.
Featured Card 2 - Kuriboh
There's a few absolute classic cards amongst the rares that can be won at Duelist League. Here's one:
Discard this card from your hand to make the Battle Damage inflicted to your Life Points by 1 of your opponent's monsters 0. This effect can only be activated during your opponent's Battle Phase.
What's Your Favourite?
Simply click to vote. It's just a fun poll - you don't need to register or give any details to take part.
Which of the Common Cards available as participation prizes is your favourite?
Grab Some Duelist Packs
If you live in the US, here's some of the current deals on Duelist Packs...
This guide to YuGiOh! Duelist Leagues was brought to you by BSTS, a toy and hobby retailer based in the United Kingdom. We're an official event location, so If you live on the West Coast of Scotland and are interested in participating in Duelist League events, check out the organised play page of our website, to find out more about our programme of Duelist League events, starting August 2010.
We also produce loads of information guides like this one for fans and players. To view the index of all our YuGiOh! information pages, go here.
What do you think of the new format for the Duelist League? What do you think of the participation cards? Which of them do you really want to get your hands on? Anything else you want to get off your chest about Duelist Leagues?
Or you can just say 'hello'. All comments are approved first and normally appear within 24 hours. You don't need to register or give any details to comment - everyone's welcome!