Benefits On Switching To Vegetarian Diet
What is a Vegetarian Diet ?
When your food consists of green vegetables, grains, pulses, fruits and all that involves plants. And you don't eat animal flesh, sea food, poultry or other animal products. This whole diet is called a vegetarian diet. The other great thing you are doing is that you are not killing a living being for your eating pleasure. You are doing a great service to the mankind.
Comparison Between Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian Diet
1) Saturated Fat - A non-veg diet leads to increase levels of saturated fats in our body. Whereas vegetarian food is low in saturated fats. We all know saturated fats causes heart problems and other health risks.
2) Vegetarian diet is a good source of vitamins and minerals. We get these in animal food also but it comes with un-required fats
3) Fiber content is found in good quantity in fruits and vegetables. Fiber facilitates in removal of toxic and wastage from our body. Thus aiding in good digestion and reduce constipation risks. Animal food are zero in this front as they don't have fiber.
4)Moral issues- A non-vegetarian diet involves killing or inflicting pain to animals. So one is morally and ethically wrong in consuming this food
5) Maintaining animals require lot of natural resources to maintain and feed them. Whereas plants are environment friendly as they require less resources.
6) One can eat raw fruit and vegetable but animal flesh need to be cooked to consume it .
Vegetarian inspiration video
Health Benefits From Vegetarian diet
1) Heart healthy food
Fruits and vegetables are rich in phytochemicals, fiber and antioxidant. Vegetarian diet is low in saturated fats. All this leads to regulation of blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels which in turn reduces cardiovascular disease risks
2) Leads to healthy bones
Fruits and vegetables are rich in potassium which lead to lowering of calcium loss . Protein present in vegetarian diet does not cause calcium loss whereas the same amount of protein in animal food will lead to calcium loss in our body. Vitamin C, magnesium and Vitamin K present in vegetables lead to strengthening and protecting bones.
3) Reduced Cancer Risk
Vegetarian diet lowers IGF-1 ( cancer promoting harmone) levels in blood thus not only slowing cancer growth as well as reducing cancer risks
4) Help in better management of diabetes
Vegetarian diet is cholesterol free, low in saturated fats, high in fiber leading to lowering of blood sugar levels.
5) Prevents Type 2 diabetes
As vegetarian diet leads to better weight management. Obesity is prevented .All help in better insulin management.
6)Leads to healthy and beautiful skin
Antioxidants and vitamins in vegetarian diet does wonders for our skin making it healthy and beautiful
7) Benefits arising from alkaline nature of fruits and vegetables.
8) Lowers and regulates blood pressure.
As vegetarian diet is low in sodium , fats thus lowering BP and improved blood circulation
9) Enhances digestion due to presence of high fiber content
10) Low in saturated fats
The information provided in this article is for education and information purpose only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should use the advice of your family doctor or physician before using any home remedies, supplements or for starting any new health program.