DIY Slimming Body Wrap Recipe
Try DIY and let me make it for you!
Check out my Etsy shop filled with All Natural and Organic bath and body products!
I have created a green tea, coconut, and vitamin E Slimming body scrub to be used especially for this DIY body wrap!
You can also use the Organic Vanilla Latte cellulite reducing body scrub for the wraps as well as a few others in my store! Simply indicate salt scrub on your order!
More professional body wraps!
Budget Wrap Party Anyone?
As many of you may know, I have been on a weight loss and fitness journey for the past year or so. Even with all of the weight lost, I still find myself needing that extra boost to get into my "skinny' jeans (especially after a weekend of what I call ugly food)! So, my friend who sells the popular slimming body wraps talked me into buying a box. I paid $100 for only 4 wraps! What was worse was that I could only use each wrap one and if I wanted to do my 2 legs and 2 arms and my stomach...I would be paying $125 to do it just once! NOT IN MY BUDGET!
To be honest, I did try the wraps and was happy with my results. Then I noticed that the wrap company wanted me to wrap 2-3 times a week! That was REALLY not in the budget. Not only did they want me to drop a few inches, they wanted me to drop a few hundred bucks A MONTH! Since I am not made of money, I went to work finding a way to make these slimming wraps at home. I tried a few variations until I found one that produced the same results. For a fraction of the cost of just 1 wrap, I could wrap my entire body a few dozen times!
Here is how I got the popular "slimming wrap" results at home. The ideology behind the slimming wrap is easy to understand. The salt in the scrub enters your body through the skin. This influx of salt acts like a detoxing agent and causes your body to force out unnecessary water. The added benefit in my version is that the caffeine from the tea or coffee will help fight cellulite!
Please remember, this is NOT a get slim quick fix! It is, however, an extra boost to make your jeans button a little easier! You can wrap any area of your body that you would like (arms, legs, thighs, and belly) and can see some results on your first use! Use it a few times a week and you will notice a huge difference! Some people even wrap their chin and neckline!
Now....LET'S GET STARTED Wrapping!
First...The "wet" version.
Here is what you need:
- Ace bandage or some type of fabric that can absorb water and be wrapped around the body.
- You will need the ingredients indicated in the "recipe"
- Saran Wrap or Plastic Wrap
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tea bags (I chose green tea) or a few teaspoons of coffee (used grounds are just fine)
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or other moisturizing lotion or oil - yep, use olive oil if you want)
- 8 ounce glass of water
- pierce a capsul of vitamin E and squeeze it in too (optional)!
Start out by drinking the 8 ounce glass of water!
- Bring the 2 cups water to boil with most of the salt, vitamin e, and tea bags or coffee.
- Let water boil for about 2 minutes then allow it to begin cooling
- While the water is boiling, combine the remaining salt (about 2 tbsp) with the coconut oil and massage into the area(s) you are treating.
- Soak the ace bandage in the salt water concoction and allow it to soak up the liquid.
- Tightly wrap affected areas with the ace bandage (make sure the water is NOT SCOLDING but is still warm! The warm water will help to open up your pores!)
- Lock in the moisture and body heat by wrapping the areas tightly with saran wrap.
- You can wrap before bed OR you can simply wrap before doing some light activity. Either way, leave the wrap on for a few hours.
So...how will you know it is working? Well, I experienced increased trips to the restroom and I used a tape measure both before and after to gauge my results!
The "dry" version.
There is also a much easier way to do the DIY wrap! if you don't want to deal with the "wet" version above, try this one! It still has great results and is great because you can wear it under your clothing and while doing almost anything! I still recommend wearing this wrap for a few hours or overnight.
- Simply add sea salt to coconut oil (or other white lotion)
- Drink 8 ounces of water
- Rub generously into trouble areas
- Tightly wrap these areas with saran wrap
- Follow up the saran wrap with the ace bandage to hold the saran wrap in place!
- Remove after a few hours
So...There you have it! I do prefer the "wet" version because of the added benefit of the caffeine BUT have received results from both!
As I mentioned, you can use any lotion or oil that you would like in the above recipes. I encourage you to remember that our skin is a conductor and not a carrier which is why I select organic coconut oil for my versions. If you have any allergies to coconut, please feel free to utilize olive oils and other lotions for your skin. I caution using scented and colored lotions simply because you are trying to encourage things to enter your body through your skin as well as telling your body to kick out toxins. By using an organic moisturizer, you will be helping your body utilize the wrap ingredients more efficiently and will see more results!
For best results: use a few times a week or as needed!