- Mental Health
10 Characteristic Traits of a Psychopath
Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional. Please seek the advice of your doctor before you change your diet, exercise program, or any other lifestyle changes.
What is a Psychopath, Socialpath, or Anti Social Personality Disorder Patient?
Webster’s definition of a psychopath is “a person who has an antisocial personality disorder; also called sociopath.” A psychopath has no regard for the feelings or well being of others or for society’s rules. A psychopath can be extremely violent, so safety should be your priority if you find yourself having one in your life.
At worst, they lack remorse and are shallow, heartless, selfish, dishonest, and aggressive people. This mental disease can be genetic; so if it runs in the family, always look for symptoms within yourself and your family members. Don’t live in denial. Bedwetting, cruelty to animals, fire starting, and bullying are a few red flag symptoms that could show early stages of a child or teen becoming a psychopath. However, there are many of them roaming our planet, and many are not violent at all. In fact, we all probably know one or two and don’t recognize their illness.
That being said, there are many who are not violent. They are, however, unpredictable which makes them just as dangerous.
Who do You Know?
Do you know anyone, personally is a Psychopath?
Education and Treatment are Available
- How to Know When You Are Dealing With a Psychopath & What to Do
An in-depth look at psychopaths that includes a list of characteristics and things to do if there is a psychopathic person in your life.
- Mental Health, Depression, Anxiety, Wellness, Family & Relationship Issues, Sexual Disorders &am
Mental Help Net gives you comprehensive Mental Health and Mental Illness information on several topics
- Local U.S. City Resources for Psychotherapy on MedicineNet.com
Find local Psychotherapy resources for the top U.S. cities
10 Symptoms of a Psychopath to Watch for
- Psychopaths are extremely manipulative. If you recognize this behavior in a co-worker, a red flag should go up in your vigilance department.
- The lack emotion, so any display of such is acting. If you pay attention, you should be able to see through the act. Watch the suspect even when you are not involved in the same area has him or her.
- When they are speaking, there are a huge amount of disruptions in their speech including um’s and uh’s.
- Psychopaths tend to be more concerned with basic human needs like, food, water and money, as opposed to believing in a higher power, church, spirituality and what happens in this world, alone.
- Pathological lying is a character trait of someone inflicted with a Psychopath mentality. They also believe what they are telling you, truth or not.
- Many are narcissistic beings. They believe the world revolves around them, and if it doesn’t, it should.
- Psychopaths are unable to accept responsibility for their actions. They will never admit blame for anything they’ve done. There is no remorse for any wrong doing they are engaged in.
- They rarely have long term goals. If you find a psychopath who has goals, generally they are not realistic.
- They are impulsive and irresponsible, so unpredictability is part of their character.
- If they tell you any stories about their childhood, be alert for a story or more where they hurt, tortured or killed a smaller being than themselves. This is an early sign of being a Psycho.
Additional Associated Links:
- Dr. Kent Kiehl, M.R.I., and psychopathic brains : The New Yorker
Online version of the weekly magazine, with current articles, cartoons, blogs, audio, video, slide shows, an archive of articles and abstracts back to 1925
- Hare Psychopathy Checklist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hare Psychotherapy Checklist...worth a look.
- Profile of the Sociopath
- What is a Psychopath?
Another description of the symptoms of a Psychopath.
C'mon Back to See me!
Thank you for your interest in my writing. I certainly hope the read was helpful and entertaining. I like to learn from others. So, please, say what you would like to say in the comments section; as long as you are professional.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret