- Diet & Weight Loss
10 Natural Solutions for Weight Loss
Obesity has come out as a major health issue in recent future. It gives birth to major diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack etc. Though there are several fast-track weight loss options available in the market, they are harmful and temporary. Here's presenting to you some of the most effective weight loss remedies that have been found to 100% safe.
1) High protein diet for weight loss
Protein helps you big way with your weight loss program. High-protein diet increases metabolism and decreases appetite. Metabolizing of protein leads to the burning of calories round the clock, even while you're asleep. It also affects weight-controlling hormones. To be more precise, high-protein intake produces growth in the levels of appetite reducing hormones like GLP -1, Peptides YY and Cholecystokinin. Simultaneously, it reduces the levels of hunger-producing hormones like Ghrelin. Actual data shows that people eat over 400 lesser calories per day on a high protein diet.
Amazingly, a high protein diet also helps avoid weight regain. Now, the question arises as to how to include more protein in your diet. Give yourself some space. Increase your protein-intake gradually over a week. Just remember to buy this food next time you go grocery shopping.
Meats: Chicken, turkey, lean beef, pork, etc..
Fish: Salmon, sardines, haddock, trout, etc.
Eggs: All types.
Dairy: Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc..
Legumes: Kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, etc..
Fruits & Vegetables: Green Peas, Guava, Hemp Seeds, Lentils, Kamut, Triticale, Goat Cheese, Pumpkin Seeds, Sun-dried Tomatoes etc..
2) Eat whole, single ingredient food
You must eat whole, single ingredient foods. This excludes all kinds of processed foods. An ill-balanced diet forms the primary concern for obesity. One must remember, the food - that keeps us healthy and alive, may become the root cause of our ill-health if not monitored properly. With real food being replaced by chemically processed foods, our health has surely gone for a toss. By going for a whole food diet, you exclude the dangerous chemicals from your diet. This forms a sure shot way to reverse obesity.
For your information, all plant-based foods are whole foods. Papaya, mango, apple, etc. are some of the whole foods. These are devoid of any chemical additives. Some exceptions like water, salt etc. are included in whole food diet to make this diet more feasible to follow. For a normal meat eater, this may sound really crazy, but trust me a 100% whole food diet can do wonders for your health.
Now comes the most important question. There are several packaged foods which identify themselves as whole foods. How do you identify a real from the fake? It's really very simple. You just need to read the ingredients list of the packaged food. If it includes anything which is not a whole food, then it's not a whole food.
3) Drink lots of water
Yes, you've heard that absolutely right. Water truly helps in weight loss. Data shows that drinking 0.5 liters of water increase the percentage of calories burnt by 24 - 30%. Higher water intake helps increase metabolism and decrease appetite. Cold water helps burn furthermore calories since the body has to work more to make the water warm. Once you increase your water intake, your body automatically releases the retained water, thus reducing the body weight.
Drinking water before a meal is a useful way to reduce calories. Water intake just before a meal makes one feel fuller and thus decreases the amount of food you eat. You must replace the water with the aerated drinks to reduce the unwanted calories from your diet. To spice up your water, you may add some lemon to it which is an ideal appetite suppressant.
How do you check if you're well hydrated or not? Just observe your urine you go to the loo next time. Crystal clear urine is a sign of perfect water intake while even a slightly yellowish urine signifies that your body is low on water intake. It's that simple.
4) Drink green tea
Studies have shown that green tea drinkers in the world are growing rapidly. One of the most important reasons for its growing popularity is its role in weight loss. Studies have shown that adding 2-3 cups of green tea to your diet causes an average reduction of 2.9 pounds in approximately 3 months. Green tea contains high levels of flavonoids and caffeine which boosts metabolism. Not just that, catechins (the antioxidants) contained inside green tea helps in fat reduction.
Let's find out the best way to prepare your green tea. Just don't add green tea leaves to the boiling water as the warm water isn't good for the tea's healthy chemicals. Instead, let the water rest for 10 minutes after boiling and then add the green tea leaves to it. Now, brew for a minute and it's ready to serve. It's going to be really healthy and tasty. But, take care not to add any sugar to it. Just to make it more interesting, you can go for flavored green teas.
5) Drink Coffee
Plain coffee proves beneficial for your weight loss program. Coffee before an exercise session elevates your energy levels, thus helping you work out harder and longer which in turn helps you burn more calories. Polyphenols contained in coffee helps in boosting fat oxidation.
For your information, a black coffee contains almost no calories. Avoid adding sugar, cream, milk or syrup to it. Coffee consumption must be limited to 2 - 3 regular cups per day. Caffeinated or decaffeinated, coffee helps you in suppressing your appetite. For best results, space out your coffee consumption throughout the day as it also leads to reduced food cravings.
How do you monitor your coffee intake? If coffee consumption causes you to get anxious or stressed, then it's time to cut back on your coffee.
Beware: For all those who've got high blood pressure, coffee consumption must be strictly monitored.
6) Spice up your food
If your idea of an ideal weight loss food is a boring salad, then you've gone the wrong way. You're missing out on some major herbs and spices that can make your low-calorie food really interesting along with boosting your metabolism. Besides, these will also help in burning the body fat. This diet trick is indeed going to help you shed those extra kilos.
Here's presenting a few of the most popular herbs and spices that are known for their weight loss properties.
- Cinnamon - This makes you feel fuller and thus cuts down on food cravings.
- Turmeric - This is a really hot-hot-hot spice. It warms up your body and boosts metabolism.
- Cayenne - It's one of the most popular weight loss spice. Addition of the regular amount of this spice to your meal helps burn almost 100 calories.
- Cumin - Just a spoon of cumin helps you burn three times more body fat than the normal.
- Ginger - It's high on thermogenic properties and also helps burn body fat.
- Garlic - This helps burn body fat.
- Black Pepper - Along with burning the body fat cells, this also blocks the formation of newer fat cells. Thus, it helps your body in avoiding weight gain.
- Cardamom - This is another thermogenic spice which helps in boosting metabolism.
- Dandelions - This is gaining popularity in the recent future for its weight loss benefits.
Just go for these herbs and spices and notice the difference in no more than 2 weeks.
7) Get enough sleep
There's an undeniable connection between sleep and weight loss. Getting a good night's sleep is one of those important things that you must include in your weight loss program. It's already known that lack of sleep induces obesity. But the results have also suggested that the right amount of sleep helps you shed those extra pounds. In an hour of sleep, your body burns almost 70 calories. One of the most underestimated factors, a full night of sleep reduces your food cravings. It really takes a strong resolve to order a salad over a pizza. A good night's sleep makes your resolve stronger. Statistics show that sleep-deprived people want a calorie-rich food compared to well-slept people. Besides, deprivation of sleep creates a hormonal imbalance in your body. This causes levels of ghrelin (an appetite-monitoring hormone) and cortisol (stress-producing hormone) to increase, which makes you feel hungry when you actually should not. Not just that, poor sleep reduces your body's control over insulin usage, thus accumulating fat in the body.
Though there's no hard and fast rule which defines the ideal duration of sleep in a day, yet eight to nine hours of sleep is considered to be perfect for an adult human being.
8) Brush your teeth
We know you will be really amazed to read this, but it's true. The taste of food left in the mouth after it gets over creates an urge for more. These unnerving food cravings make you eat more food. So, you just need to brush your teeth to cleanse all the leftover food particles. The taste of toothpaste also acts as a deterrent to your urge to eat between the meals. Besides, often people don't like to eat anything for a long period of time after having brushed their teeth for the simple reason of not wanting to dirty the mouth. After dinner and before sleep, brushing acts as a reminder that you must not eat anything in between. So, make it a habit to brush right after your meal.
9) Eat fiber based food
Believe it or not, it is possible to shed those extra kilos while eating yummy and satiating food. Just ensure a fiber-rich diet. Fiber keeps you feeling fuller longer, thus helping you with weight loss. Following is a list of fiber-based foods that are highly nutritious and help you keep yourself slim and trim.
- Flaxseeds - 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds produces 2.8 grams fiber against 55 calories.
- Almonds - 28.4 kilograms of almond produce 3.5 grams fiber against 163 calories
- Blackberries - 100 grams of blackberry produces 5 grams fiber against 43 calories.
- Fresh Figs - The 3 medium sized fresh figs produces 4 grams fiber against 110 calories.
- Edamame - 100 grams cooked edamame produces 5 grams fiber against 122 calories.
- Baked Acorn Squash - One cup of baked acorn squash produces 9 grams fiber against 115 calories.
- Bulgur - 100 grams of bulgur produces 18 grams fiber against 342 calories.
- Raw Avocados - 70 grams of raw avocados produces 4.6 grams of fiber against 115 calories.
- Artichoke Hearts - 100 grams of artichoke hearts produces 5 grams of fiber against 47 calories.
- Cooked Navy Beans - One cup of cooked navy beans produce 19.1 grams of fiber against 225 calories.
10) Exercise for Weight Loss
Do you want to lose weight fast? Then exercise must essentially be a part of your weight loss program. Let's check out a list of top 10 exercises which boosts your metabolism, burns fat and calories.
- High-intensity exercise - Go for a short duration of workout with maximum potential. This surges your metabolism and torches calories. Always remember that a 20-minute intense workout burns more calories than a long and laid back jog.
- Strength exercise - Doing weight exercise burns out body's fat and boosts body's metabolism. This helps the growth of the muscles which in turn needs more calories.
- Surya Namaskar - This set of 12 yoga poses helps you lose weight.
- Brisk Walking - Half an hour of brisk walking burns up to 150 calories.
- Zumba - It is an amazing way to improve fitness. This revs up your energy levels along with burning tons of calories.
- Swimming - Intense swimming helps to shed 500 - 700 calories per hour.
- Squats - This is one of the most popular exercise to shed fat from the lower part of your body.