10 Signs your Personal Trainer is a Personal Rip Off
By: Anastasia Vaughan
- None of the clients you have seen with this his/her trainer has lost weight
- The trainer doesn’t show signs of aggressive communication
- Your potential personal trainer’s body doesn’t seem to be in the best possible ideal physical shape.
- The trainer talks often but fails to listen to a good majority of the things in which you wish to say.
- Your trainer doesn’t have the drive to either kick your ass or cheer you on.
- You spot the trainer in a corner talking on the phone while he/she is with a client as their body language points to it being a very personal call.
- Your trainer is linked directly with a mass organization that not only takes your money far in advance for their training services but the organization doesn’t assign you to any single trainer nor do they listen to your complains or concerns once the check clears.
- Fails to follow through on small promises such as showing up on time or providing a meal plan that they promised.
- Your trainer isn’t will to check important facts before starting your first exercising session such as your BMI, physical goals, and seems more concern with collecting large quantities of cash up front before or right after you have started your first training session.
- Your trainer has nothing to lose by screwing you over. For example if your trainer doesn’t work off commission or seems to not be promoting themselves you should be worried. Remember personal training is definitely a job in which a person with no real motivation or discipline can execute themselves in a professional manner. Passion is key seeing how the training process is 80 % diet/exercise and 20 % being able to depend on your instructor for motivation.