10 Tips for Better Living
Everyone dreams of living a good life. A clean life. A stress-free life. But not everyone has the will to do it. To change your lifestyle, you first need to make a few changes in yourself. Like having more self-confidence, thinking more optimistically, being patient whenever some calamity befalls you.
But the good thing is, if you hold on and don't give up for a few weeks or months, changing your lifestyle will be a piece of delicious honey cake.
And at the end of the day, you'll feel accomplished and lively. You'll be more active, more enthusiastic to do what you always dreamed of doing.
Here are some of the tips that will help you live a better life.
1) Calories - Nowadays, people are eating healthy. The craze for junk food is almost dead and the urge of turning Vegan or doing Ketogenic Diets is on the rise. And dieting or turning Vegan is kind of a trend on. But it's a good thing, because staying healthy leads to a healthy lifestyle (even after your marriage). Junk food leads to many problems; including mental problems as well like stress, headaches, annoyance, etc. That's why the less junk you eat, the healthier your mind and body will be.
2) Workouts - Please, I've said this one and I will say it a million times, exercise! Even if it's just for 10 or 15 minutes. Exercise because not exercising is more harmful than drinking alcohol or smoking! Get up from your couch, go to Youtube and search for easy workouts. Trust me, you'll feel good. You'll want to continue doing it and you'll see your body getting a sexy shape. Or at least, the shape you always wished for.
A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body,
It changes your mind, your attitude,
and your mood.
3) Water - Water is essential. You need it. A lot. You don't know it and you might not even be that thirsty, but your body needs it. The more water you drink, the more toxins you'll flush out from your body. Water is the best drink to detoxify your body and keep your mind fresh and focused. It should be the most important thing in our life. Keep a water goal every day and try to reach that goal by the end of the day. You must at-least have 8/9 glasses of water every single day (Well, it does depend on your body type but the maximum is 12 glasses of water)
4) Green Tea - Another healthy drink to drink is green tea. Green Tea is supposedly the healthiest drink on the planet. It is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that are helpful for the body. Green Tea is also the best drink to drink for weight loss. I actually love my Green Tea with a squeeze of lemon and a spoon of honey. And if I had to drink only that, then undoubtedly I could do that without any hesitation.
5) Stretching - Another fun way to keep your body healthy is stretching. Even if you don't have the time to workout, keep aside a few minutes to stretch your body. Stretching will help release the stress hormones that hide in your body and help you become more focused and relaxed. You can't have a healthy lifestyle if you have a messy and tensed mind, right?
Love yourself enough to live a healthy life.
6) List - Make a list of things you're grateful for, things you want to do, recipes you want to cook, places you want to visit. Just make a list of everything. Because by making them, you're giving yourself a goal to achieve, you're giving your mind some space to think other things and you're giving yourself motivation and determination to actually give a damn about those things. So go and make that list as long as you can, honey.
7) Laugh - Watch some comedy film or show, joke around with your siblings or play with your animals. Laugh because laughing is the best medicine. Laughing will help you drop calories, it'll help you become a happy person, it'll change the way people think about you, it'll also help in changing the people around you, and hey, laughing is good. Laughing is really good and you should do it more often. A healthy lifestyle needn't be serious. It should be filled with laughter! Hahah.
It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.— Carl Sandburg
8) Sleep - After drinking water/green tea, working out and laughing, the important thing you must do is sleep. Sleep a lot, probably around 9-10 hours. Because lack of sleep will make you gain weight, give you headaches, you'll be less active and focused in your work, you'll lose all the determination you had mustered before sleeping at 3 am and you'll probably become lazy. If you want to have a healthy lifestyle, then sleep, baby. *Sings a lullaby*
9) Read - Reading books will help distract your mind from unnecessary, pessimistic thoughts. It'll give you knowledge, it'll calm you and some book might even change you--for the good, of course. Reading is the best meditation anyone can ask for. Read for at least an hour or so. It'll help.
So, these are a few tips that'll make your lifestyle healthy. You don't need to change much about yourself, just a few tweaks here and there and you're good to go.
Don't forget to share this post with your family and friends who are struggling to have a healthy lifestyle too. Helping others also comes in living healthily. You'll also get a good night's sleep and when you wake up, you'll feel contented with your life and the way you're living it.
Also, smile. Laugh. Eat healthy and don't skip your meals. You can eat sweets, but not excessively. Okay? Sweets are addicting, but also harmful to the body.
I hope this post has helped you and I hope you start living a healthy lifestyle like me and many of us.
See you in my next post,
I'M THE WRITER NEXT DOOR!
© 2018 Aaliyah S