10 Ways To Get You Motivated In Pursuing Your Dreams
We all know the times in our lives where we feel depressed or miserable when we can't achieve something or have given up on hope in pursuing something bigger than ourselves. This may be due to many things, such as low determination, distractions, laziness, weak-willed, etc. But the truth is all it takes is just a change of mindset/mentality and a better perspective that will make all the difference in our lives.
We have all heard the quote before, "change the way you see the world, and everything around you will change". But how many people actually practice doing this for the better? Not many. Or even for the wrong reasons, such as seeing the world in a negative perspective, or constantly judging others while bad-mouthing them, even to their own selves. Well, today I am going to let u know some ways that you can change the way you see the world in a positive way, get motivated and pursue the dreams that you have with just the right mindset :)
- Find your path. Before you can set out in chasing your dreams or goals, you have first to ask yourself, what type of person do you want to be in the future? Am I on the right path in life that will lead me to what I want to become? If it's not, make the right changes.
- Let go of the past. Yes i know there may be things in the past which hurt, or even troubled our minds countless times. But the way I see it, you can either keep running from it or learn from it (yes that's quoted from the Lion King ). Growth and making changes in life can only happen if we keep learning from past mistakes instead of regretting them.
- Embrace change. Too many people despise the idea of accepting change in their lives due to being used to things the way they are as always. The reality is the only way one can move forward in life and to pursue a goal, dream or desire is to fully accept the new changes in their lives because truth is, your dream life (a good and successful one) won't be the same as the current life you're in (unless you've already achieved your dreams, then good work! )
- Set Goals. It is highly recommended to set up small goals and slowly progress to bigger ones after. This gives a better visualization of what you can achieve and the small steps to take in order to reach your final ultimate goal/dream.
- Find inspiration. Inspiration can be the fuel to our passion in anything in life. It could be a hobby, a way of living, a profession or even a big dream. Reading about or meeting people that have gone down your same path further with success is a good for in getting inspired. Because if someone else can do it, you can do it too !
- Get rid of negative thoughts. I find this the hardest for a lot of people to fully change, especially for the current generation of the younger people (no offence). It is important to constantly monitor your thoughts, especially negative self-talk and bad-mouthing and change them to positive thoughts instead, such as showing gratitude, appreciation and seeing the good in everything. Think of your mind as a muscle, the more you train it to think positively, the stronger and easier it gets
- Don't let discouragement bring you down. In pursuing your dreams and success, it is common for other people to say things such as, "you can't do it", "why work so hard?", "why not just live a normal life like everyone else?". These are just common discouragement words said by people who can't pursue their own dreams. It is okay to listen to criticism or advice that other people may give but in the end, always remember that this is your dream that you're pursuing, not theirs.
- Find support. Sometimes it can be hard to accomplish things alone. Finding a support group or network such as from friends, family and a significant other is important to keep you going and staying motivated in life.
- Believe in yourself. Believing in yourself is the most important part in pursuing your dreams, because if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will either. Believing and having faith that you can achieve your goals and dreams will give you the confidence, courage and determination to reach your dreams.
- Enjoy the journey. Lastly, don't forget to enjoy what you're doing. Because the dream is more about the journey than the destination.
© 2014 Jason Wan