100 Ways for a Healthy Life
Laughing is the best medicine
Start with a Positive Twist
People always say, life is what we make it.
It’s true. You are responsible for what happens to your life.
Here are 100 easy ways to maintain a healthy life.
- Start the day with a short prayer.
- Begin the day with a positive twist by looking into the mirror and saying to yourself, “Good morning”.
- Greet the first person you see around. Good morning is a magic word to start the day positive.
- Smile because smiling will erase a few lines on your face and initiates the positive energy for the day.
- Have time to laugh because laughing is the cheapest medicine around.
- Don’t forget a time for God. Above all else, God is the most important.
- Don’t forget the magic words: Thank you, I’m sorry, Excuse me, It’s alright, Don’t mention it, etc.
- Appreciate others. That simple appreciation will make someone feel great.
- Focus on the positive traits of people rather than their negative side.
- Avoid gossip as much as possible. It is toxic and can ruin people’s lives.
- Keep away from toxic friends. They are not true friends. They don’t want your success. They wish your downfall.
- Show sympathy to others who need it. Even without words, your action will ease someone’s pain.
- Concern to others is very important.
- Inspire others especially if they are losing hope.
- Make others feel important.
- Kindness is crucial in a word full of inconsiderate people.
- Be grateful for what others do to you no matter how small.
- Be a friend who can keep a secret.
- Be a loyal friend.
- Honesty will keep your friends around.
Do what makes you happy
Do you want a healthy life?
Do What You Love Doing
- Love your family. They are the most important people to you.
- Care for the sick and needy. A prayer for them is enough to make them feel better.
- Define your goals in life so that you will know where you are going.
- Dedicate yourself to your love ones.
- Love your work. If you don’t love what you are doing, you will not be happy.
- Do something different from time to time to re-define your life and avoid monotony.
- Develop a hobby and do things with friends or family.
- Join a group who share similar interests as you.
- Discover your talents and skills and make them useful.
- Enhance your skills through reading and more practice.
- Do what you love doing and be happy.
- Read a good book from time to time.
- Listen to mellow music. Music makes the mind calm down and relaxes the nerves.
- Appreciate nature. This is very therapeutic.
- Draw or sketch and express your emotions.
- Write something good. Writing is an art of expression for as long as you aren’t hurting someone with your words..
- Make a journal and start building your biography.
- Cook your favorite dish. The smell of good food will help lessen that stress.
- Have time to eat with friends or family in a cozy place other than your dining room.
- Dance away your stress and worries. Dancing is one way of relaxation.
Healthy Food Means Healthy Life
Your Food is Important
- Eat healthy food.
- Pig-out once in a while with your friends or family. It’s not bad if you break the rule of eating healthy once in a while.
- Do some exercises no matter how busy you are.
- Take a walk with your friend, a member of the family or your pet.
- Talk to someone. Talking is good.
- Walk around and discover new things that you haven’t seen before. It will enhance your knowledge.
- Travel even if it is only a short distance. This will take you away from home and work and will help relax you.
- Take pictures along the way when you travel or take a walk.
- Go biking, walking or jogging to stretch the muscles and keep you fit.
- Grow a garden even if you are only relying on your terrace and the pots. Greens are great company.
- Get a pet and talk to your pet. Yes, it sounds crazy but your pet can understand you and that makes it sound cool.
- Don’t get bored. Go look around and find something interesting to do. Rummage on old things and find things that can bring you back to those old carefree days.
- Have a picnic. Your terrace, garden and backyard could serve as a picnic ground. Eating outside the dining room makes a difference.
- Create something new. You will find out that this will re-define your life which will bring inspiration.
- Seek for adventure with a friend. Do something you haven’t done in your life time.
- Have a holiday far from home and forget about home and work.
- If you haven’t experienced going up a mountain then this is the time you do it and feel the nearness to nature.
- Hang-out with your friends until the wee hours in the morning. It will give you something to remember.
- Keep your friends like treasures. They will spice up your life.
- Don’t keep your problem to yourself. Come on speak it out with someone who can help.
Simple Dreams are Better
Don't Aim Too High
- Seek the advice of someone you trust in times of crisis. Don’t be alone if someone is there for you.
- Leave others to enjoy what they love doing. Don’t be a wet blanket even if you don’t agree.
- Give a piece of advice only if someone asks you to.
- Don’t listen to people who always talk negative about others.
- Give yourself a break especially when you worked so hard.
- Listen to your true friends. They can help you.
- Look carefully where you are going. Rushing doesn’t always help.
- Mask negativity and turn them to positivity.
- Accept mistakes and don’t repeat them again and again.
- Be yourself. Don’t act like someone you aren’t.
- Share your blessings. The more you share the more blessings will come to you.
- Vent out your anger but be careful not to hurt others. If you can’t avoid it then say sorry later.
- Join a contest and have fun even if you lose. It’s not in the winning that matters but the joy and excitement that you derived from joining that matters most.
- Keep a constant reminder to yourself that you can’t be an island and you need others too even if you have already everything.
- Self-assess your character traits and change what you think aren’t worth keeping.
- Always make room for improvement whatever you are doing.
- Don’t always think of how much money you get from something. Money isn’t everything in this world.
- Make your dreams simple and you will be happier.
- Don’t aim too high because if you fall, it would be very painful.
- Make your life simple. Simple is better because your mind will be at ease.
Your Social and Spiritual Life is More Important
- Do not make material things rule your life. Concentrate more on the social and spiritual aspect of life.
- Keep yourself busy. Keeping busy is healthy.
- Do yourself a favor and enjoy what you love doing even if you are always busy.
- Play a game in the computer to break the monotony of your activities.
- Recycle something old and see the difference. This will add spice to your life.
- Look at the pictures when you were young and remind yourself that life is not that tough but fun.
- Visit a friend of a relative that you haven’t seen for a long time because you were too busy working.
- Don’t exchange what you are going to earn for the day with your time for your family.
- Work but don’t make work your life.
- Send cards to people. It is a thing in the past to others but it is still the best way to remind people that you care.
- Go window shopping even if you have no money. The relaxing time when you go around looking and touching the things you appreciate will add positivity in your life.
- Sing even while you are working. Singing is therapeutic.
- Always tell yourself that other people cannot be like you. Understand individual differences.
- Sacrifice a little for your love ones.
- Do unto others what you want others do unto you. Don’t be self-centered. Think of others too and how they feel.
- Relax. Don’t always say, “I am too busy.” There’s always work to do but you need time to rest and relax.
- Make and do everything in moderation and life would be healthier.
- Life is not always a bed of roses. There are always ups and downs. There are always the obstacles that make things hard but if you learn to face and overcome them, then you are trudging the right path.
- Life is never perfect and nobody is perfect, everybody has flaws, but if you allow more of the positive energy to flow around you then life would be healthier.
- In short, do what is right, eat what is right and think what is right and life would be happier and healthier.
There are always ways to make life healthier. Just do it your own way and make sure your life becomes healthier.