How To Lose Weight Fast With A 1000 Calorie Diet
Can I Do A 1000 Calorie Per Day Diet?
A 1000 calorie diet is a very restrictive plan for weight loss and if you choose a diet of this type you should follow it for no more than 14 days or under the advice of a physician.
Calories measure the amount of energy in the food you are eating. One pound of weight is equal to approximately 3,500 calories so if you take in fewer calories then you need, you will lose weight. Your calorie requirements vary according to your height, your total body weight, the ratio of fat to muscle, your age, your gender, your genes and the amount of your daily physical exercise. An average sized man will need about 2,600 calories to maintain his weight and an average sized woman would need about 1,900 calories per day.
Besides eating 1,000 calories per day, you should also include physical activity into your day. Thirty minutes of exercise 3-5 times per week plus 1,000 calories should give you a fast weight loss. Be sure to drink plenty of water to flush out the fat residue and to replace any water you lose during exercise.
Sample 1000 Calorie Diet Menu
½ grapefruit (50 calories)
1 cup dry unsweetened cereal (100 calories)
3/4 cup low fat milk (100 calories)
2 slices wheat bread (160 Calories)
3 ounces turkey (90 calories)
Sliced tomato (0 calories)
Lettuce (0 calories)
4 ounces grilled chicken (150 Calories)
1 cup steamed broccoli (50 Calories)
1/2 cup cooked rice prepared in chicken bouillon (100 Calories)
Small salad with low fat dressing (1 tbsp. light dressing) (30 Calories)
½ cup pretzels (100 Calories)
1 medium apple (70 Calories)
More Weight Loss Resources
Weight Loss Tips For Success During A 1000 Calorie Diet
1. Drink lots of water to make yourself feel full. Try to drink at least 64 ounces per day. If you can, drink half your body weight in ounces of water.
2. When you are hungry instead of snacking go brush your teeth and it will put the thought of food right out of your head. Nobody wants to eat food with a fresh, clean mouth.
3. Eat your food at home or pack a lunch. It will be hard to stay under 1000 calories per day while eating restaurant food. Eating fast food or ordering at a restaurant tends to add more calories and more sodium to your meals.
4. Don’t waste your calories on beverages. Fruit juice or sugary soda pop will be a waste of your allotted calories.
5. If you go to a store or work, park in the spot that is farthest away to burn some extra calories. Same thing goes for steps. If you can, skip the elevator, then walk those stairs. You will burn extra calories with every step.
6. Write down all the food you eat during a day and at what time. It will help you to recognize when you tend to crave food. It also helps to monitor your intake. You may be surprised at just how much you eat in a day.
7. Try new low fat recipes. Variety will help you stay within your 1000 calorie limit. The internet has a lot of resources for tasty recipes.
8. Use ingredients with a low-fat version of the same ingredient. For example, try using low-fat cheese rather than the whole milk variety or fat-free mayonnaise instead of regular.
9. Always eat breakfast. It gives you energy to get through the day and it tends to make you less hungry. Protein and high fiber foods will keep you moving all day long.
10. Use spices like cayenne pepper or chilies to spice up your food. Hot food speeds up your metabolism and gets that fat burning.