13 Health benefits of sesame seeds
1. Sesame seeds contain Vitamin B1,B2, B3 and E.
2. They have powerful antioxidants and help to fight cancer.
3. These oil seeds contain antioxidants sesamol and sesamolin which protects the sesame oil from rancidity. Hence foods fried in sesame oil have long shelf life.
4. Sesame seeds are oil seeds and contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
5. They also contain minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
6. These seeds supply required iron and minerals in lactating mothers. Texts of ayurveda eulogize the galactogague properties of sesame seeds.
7. Texts of ayurveda recommend usage of roasted and powdered sesame seeds along with gur in conditions like painful menstruation.
8. Chewing of sesame seeds help to reduce toothache.
9. Consuming sesame seeds along with whole grains help to regularize bowel movement and relieve constipation.
10. They act as brain tonic.
11. Regular consumption of sesame seeds help to strengthen the bone and prevent osteoporosis. The minerals calcium and phosphorus present in these seeds, help to build strong bones.
12. Ayurveda acharyas recommend consuming of these seeds in diabetes to reduce frequency of micturition.