17 Steps to Become a Better Person
What Do You Want From Life?
Where do you see yourself in 3 years? 1 year? 1 month? 1 week? or even tomorrow?
Do you see yourself going to bed and waking up happy and excited for the day?
Or are you dreading waking up, knowing you will just continue to make the same choices you make everyday?
Do you ask yourself if there is a better plan for you?
Do you wish you knew what you were meant for?
How did you end up with the hand you have been dealt?
Please read on to help yourself find a meaning to life or a new way of thinking, a new way of being!
Happiness Is A Way Of Life!
Some Fun Facts
Did you know 64% of Canadians said that they either liked or loved their current job!
But only 53% of Americans said the same thing.
Iceland Ranked the highest at 94% for overall happiness of it's people.
Sweden, Denmark, And The Netherlands are followed close behind at 91%
America came in at 84%
Canada at 75%
56% of people 30-45 years old say the are pretty happy.
21% of people 18-29 years old says helping those in need is one of the most important aspects of their life.
Are You Satisfied With Your Life?
How satisfied are you with your life?
Lets Start With A Few Things That You Can Do!
- Help those in need! Examples: An elderly person needing help with groceries, a child needing guidance, homeless need a meal.
- Donate -Your time, your old clothing, household items you are not using, give financial support to a charity.
- Read a good book.
- Day dream- dream about all the things you want in life, and jot down a few, Remember everything around you was once a dream!
- Make daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly goals!
L O V E - Y O U R - L I F E
- Enjoy time with children, get down at their level and really experience life as they do, you will be amazed at all the things we pass by in a day that they take in and make you see in a new light.
- Lose the electronics, This one may be hard but just get away from everything for a day! It will be there tomorrow!
- Call up some good friends and have a movie night or a bonfire.
Take Some You Time!
- Enjoy some time in nature, Breath in the fresh air, Take in your serine surroundings, cleanse your soul.
- Enjoy at least one sunrise and sunset a week!
- Take time to meditate.
- Have a picnic.
Learn Something Everyday!
- Believe in yourself
- Take online courses- knowledge is power
- Sit down and have tea or coffee with someone older then you, take in their every word and their experiences.
- Get moving! Take that dance class you have been dreaming about, learn yoga, play outside with a dog or child, enjoy every single minute of the day.
Do What Makes You Happy
DANCE, LAUGH, and SING like no one is watching! Life is not about making all the money in the world, yes money is nice it helps you get all the things you want. Money is not everything, at your funeral do you want people saying 'Wow you were a really rich person, you lived the high life and had some much stuff.' Or do you want them saying 'This is a person who lived their life to the fullest, they were an amazing friend, compassionate, happy, a pleasure to be around and a true example of a leader!' I myself would prefer the second option personally. I want to be known as a person that helped at least one person become better, the lady that smiled, and made conversation with anyone who would look my way. I want to be a better me!.
Now ask yourself,
Do I want to waste my positive energy on a negative situation? Or spread my positive outlook on life and encourage others to do the same?
Wake up every morning and ask yourself,
Am I going to be happy?
Am I going to challenge myself to be better than I was yesterday?
Who am I going to help today?
What will I do to be happy?
Know that even the smallest gesture can change the world, maybe not the whole world but someones world, and that in its self should motivate you to be a better you!
If everyday that you change 1 thing that's negative to a positive, creates 30 things a month you can now say make you smile!
Go Ahead Challenge Yourself To Be A Better You!
Epic Wins 2014
© 2014 Desiree Jensen