10 Little Known Facts About the Human Body
Even with all the medical marvels of today, the human body is still quite mysterious. Test your knowledge to see how much you really know about the human body.
1. The human brain has enough electricity to power a lightbulb. I wouldn't recommend trying that out.
2. If you harness all the heat that the human body creates in an hour, you could boil a gallon of cold water in 15 minutes.
3. For every two pounds of fat that you gain, your body develops 14 miles of new blood vessels. So what happens when you loose those two pounds? Your body will re-absorb those 14 miles of blood vessels. The human body really is amazing.
4. If you want to be taller for your drivers license get measured in the morning. As a person lays down for a long period such as sleeping, the spinal discs absorb excessive fluid, making you up to 3/4 of an inch talker. Do it quickly however, the fluid gets re-absorbed back into the body in about an hour or two after standing.
5. Around the age of 20, the human brain stops growing.
6. Nerve impulses located in the brain travel over 150 mph. This helps us to respond to an emergency quickly.
7. We humans develop a new lining of the stomach every 2.5 days due to the hydrochloric acid located in our stomachs. It's a good thing that we develop this new lining because if not, the acid would burn its way pass the wall of the stomach and cause some serious damage.
8. This one is kind of trivia we learned in 5th grade but forget unless a person world in the medical community, but the largest organ in the human body is the skin. Weird but true.
9. The human brain does have its limit, but with the amount of storage it has, the average human brain can hold enough information that it coulf fill 5 dictionaries.
10. While this isn't always the case, but the more a person dreams, the higher the person's IQ. Scientists believe that this is due to their brain being more active even while they are not sleeping.