- Mental Health
25 Positive Thoughts To Ponder
I Will Survive!
We've all been through those stressful moments when we wonder how we will ever survive!
Our worries become a burden and the cortisol hormones within our body multiply from our stressful thoughts. Cortisol is a necessary hormone, but excess amounts of this hormone could cause damage to the body. It's best to keep cortisol in check with positive actions.
I believe that we do control our thoughts. I believe we have the capability to de-stress ourselves. I also believe that we do have the power to turn a negative thought into a positive thought!
Once we set our minds to do something we want, chances are we can. There are also times when we can't. It doesn't make one weak. We are who we are. We do the best we can with the resources and knowledge that we have.
Positive relaxation is a virtue. I hope my 25 positive thoughts to ponder help you in one way or another with whichever challenge you encounter.
Remember that thoughts can't work on their own. You must also feel positive and act on it. It's called teamwork. All three actions when practiced together could move mountains.
One important factor is to learn how to breathe correctly. When you wish to relax, inhale fully and then, without pausing, exhale slowly. Then repeat this as many times, as required.
On my planet I prefer to have a positive outlook. There are times when it's not easy, but I do try my best. We use more facial muscles to frown than to smile. So bring on the smile and spread the sunshine!
Positive and negative are directions? Which direction do you choose?
You will never miss
Positive thinking is bliss
Give yourself a kiss!
Mental Vacation of Positive Thoughts!
- A higher being has your back.
- Picture a favorite vacation spot. Cement that image into your mind.
- The initial sight of a newborn baby, their tiny fingers and toes always guarantee a smile.
- A scene from your favorite movie and continue to replay it in your mind.
- Imagine musical melodies that touch your soul.
- Recall a moment that you laughed so hard that you cried.
- What's the worst thing that could happen? Chances are it won't.
- You are braver than you think.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
- Everything happens for a reason. We might never know the reason, but we learn to appreciate it.
- Time does fly whether you are having fun or not. Never watch the clock.
- You have the capability to kick what irks you to the curb.
- It's mind over matter. You are more in control over your situation than you realize.
- Use your imagination and pretend you are a bird and fly to your favorite destination.
- Recite a prayer or inspirational quote.
- When one door closes another door opens.
- Mentally hum your favorite song. Over and over. Until you are lost in the moment.
- Imagine ocean waves and the sunrise. This is a tranquil thought that should give you comfort.
- We can't worry about things that we have no control over.
- Repeat this CCC mantra, "I'm calm, cool and collected."
- Create a mental note of your pet peeves and alter them in your favor.
- Reminder: This too shall pass.
- There is someone, somewhere who loves you and wishes only the best for you.
- No matter what situation you are in, consider that it could be worse.
- Have something to look forward to, whether later in the day, the week or the month.
Do the one thing you can not do. Fail at it. Try again. Do it better the next time. -Oprah
Take time to smell the flowers...
Which one are you?
Think like a child and just laugh it off...
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu