25 Random Acts of Kindness
Kindness can be found all over if we seek it out but unfortunately it isn’t as common as it should be. We shouldn’t have to look so hard to find it. Kindness toward others is easy to do when we emerge from our own self-involved bubbles and truly notice that we aren’t alone in this world.
The people we encounter everyday are just like us. We all have worries, joys, good times and bad. When we take a moment to remind others that we are all in this life together, everyone benefits.
A random act of kindness can be anything from a simple polite gesture to a grand display and everything in between. Any positive behavior or generous gesture that helps another person or simply renews their faith in others can be considered an act of kindness.
The following are 25 examples of kind acts but there are many opportunities every day to do something nice for another.
25 Ideas To Make Someone Smile
- Open the door for someone
- Acknowledge a stranger with a smile and eye contact
- Let someone go in front of you at the grocery store because they have fewer items than you or because you can see they are struggling with their load
- Mow you neighbor’s grass when you know they need the help
- Deliver a meal or some groceries to someone who has been ill or has fallen on hard times
- Offer to drive a child to and from baseball practice if you know their parents don’t have the ability to get them there
- Deliver an anonymous gift to a family who can’t afford to celebrate a holiday or birthday
- Buy the coffee for the person behind you in line at the coffee stand
- Listen without judgment when someone is having a hard time
- Help someone change their tire when they are stuck on the side of the road
- Offer help if you see your neighbors moving something heavy in or out of their house
- Shovel another person’s driveway or walkway in snowy weather
- Offer to babysit for someone free of charge in an emergency situation
- Leave a thoughtful card or note for a co-worker who is feeling down
- Stick up for someone who needs support
- Give an unexpected genuine compliment to another person
- Tell someone you are proud of them
- Donate some food to the local food bank
- Invite someone to your home for a family dinner
- Include others in your family holiday celebrations
- Ask a child to join in your family fun at the park or beach
- Share supplies or toys with someone who has less than you when camping or enjoying a day out
- Send someone flowers (or chocolate) for no reason
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Offer a comforting hug to someone who needs it
What We Give is What We Receive
Random acts of kindness are not completely selfless. Being kind to others helps the person who is preforming the act as much or more than the person on the receiving end.
Doing something considerate for another human being will lift your own spirit and boost humanity.
What we give is what we receive. What can you do today to make someone else smile and remind them that they aren’t alone?