28 Quick Tips on How to Get Rid Of Fever for All Ages : Try This at Home
Home Remedies To The Rescue
Fever is something that makes us down and ‘energy-less’ to perform the simplest tasks. Here are some easy homemade remedies on how to reduce the fever.
Home remedies for fever include the use of products like basil leaves, lime tea, raisins, ginger, steamed vegetables, honey, fruits and light foods in different ways.
There are several reasons for fever leading to diseases such as pneumonia, malaria or any other infection. Some of the symptoms may be the fluctuation of body temperature, headache, irritation, weakness and loss of appetite.
Fever, What is it?
Fever may also be called as cold or flu. The temperature normal body should be between 35.5 to 37 degrees, however, when these values exceeds, it is called a fever. Fever occurs when we have some kind of infection in the body. You could say that fever is not a disease but a symptom that something is not right. These are signs that our body is defending a further infection and that is to delay the onset of a larger disease.
There are several types as hay fever, rheumatic fever, dengue fever, among others. However, with the use of home remedies, we can easily reduce fever.
Digital Thermometer To Check Fever
Check Your Fever
The normal human body temperature varies slightly from person to person.External factors such as food or clothing, exercise, can raise the temperature often up to 39 degrees. Children tend to have a higher temperature than adults. A temperature between 37 degrees and 38 degrees can be considered as fever and a temperature above 38 is certainly a fever.
What Causes Fever?
Sometimes atmospheric change may also result in increased body temperature. If the temperature does not return to normal within a few hours, use any one of the home remedies to cure the disease. However, if the temperature is high or is not controlled within a day with the use of traditional remedies, is recommended to consult a doctor.
There can be many causes for fever and hence can lead to diseases like dengue, malaria, chickenpox, smallpox, measles and bacterial fevers such as tuberculosis or typhoid. The below mentioned home remedies can help get rid of fever within a few days.
Compensate for the Loss of Water from Your Body
When we fever our body is excessively hot and we loss a lot of water. To compensate, we must drink a lot of water. When we are dehydrated our body reacts by closing the pores to prevent losing more water, making it difficult lowering the temperature. That is why we don’t sweat when we have a fever. Additionally, avoid eating heavy foods.
The juices of fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals. Papaya, Beets, carrots and tomatoes are considered the best juices, rich in essential nutrients.
The tea is a great remedy for fever. The best combination is with thyme, linden and chamomile. Thyme has antiseptic characteristics, lime stimulate perspiration while chamomile reduces inflammation. Prepare a tea with these three ingredients with a teaspoon in a cup and boil for 5 minutes. Pass through strainer and drink several times a day.
The willow bark is rich in salicylates, aspirin-related compounds. This natural remedy is very effective to lower fever. Make a tea of willow bark and take in small doses.
Put an ice pack or some ice cubes in a cloth and hold it on the forehead. Helps to extract heat from the body, thus leaving you cold and relaxed. Do not use in children. Also you can use a cloth soaked in cold water and keep it on the forehead for a while.
Wet compresses prevent fever from increasing. Apply these on your wrists, forehead and in the calves, keeping the rest of body covered.
Use a Wet Sponge
A sponge dipped in cold water helps dissipate heat from the body. Apply a damp sponge across the body, but especially in warmer areas such as the armpits and groin. I do not recommend using alcohol since it can be absorbed through skin.
Use basil leaves in tea because it reduces heat in the body. Boil some basil leaves in water and drink it.
Ginger is very effective to cure any type of allergy. Mix a little honey, lemon and ginger to get better result. It is very effective and recommended twice per day.
It is recommended to get plenty of rest because it helps remove excessive body heat, keep warm while sleeping. Sweating is also a good sign, as it helps in losing temperature. Whether sweating while sleeping, means that the body can remove excess heat. You can eventually identify a decrease in body temperature due to sweating.
Take a Good Bath
Bathing in cold water will reduce the external temperature of the body, providing relaxation. For babies, it is advised that the water is warm.
Eat a Lot
Opt for fruits and fruit juices until the temperature returns to normal.Follow your instinct and your appetite and eat plenty.
You can use turmeric powder also.It is easily found and also very beneficial.Just add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk . Boil the mixture and drink before going to bed It can soothe cough and helps to reduce phlegm.
How to Reduce Fever Naturally
Is advised to consult the doctor if:
- Fever is present in a child under 4 months
- Fever is associated with having stiff neck
- Fever is above 40 degrees and not able to bring down
- The fever is above 41 degrees in any circumstance
- The fever has lasted for more than 5 days
Some more Useful Tips
- Fevers are safe. You don’t need to worry too much.
- Take rest until temperature lowers.
- You can take oral temperatures using a digital thermometer
- Avoid sudden climate change.
- Try not to travel frequently
- Do not give aspirin to children
- Use apple cedar vinegar to cold compresses.
- Calcium lactate can help to increase the speed of recovery. Since it supplies calcicum directly to the body. During fever , our body loss calcium and water.
- Prepare tea with tulsi leaves. It can reduce fever faster than you think.
- Orange juice is another savior. It increases your urinary output and makes you energetic.
- Placing slices of onion under your feet is also helpful. Wear socks over it and wait for a few hours
- Do not hide under bundle of clothes 24 hours unless you have a cold surrounding. It will make you more hot.
- Apple water can also help to reduce fever. Boil 1 apple (sliced) in 500 ml of water. Add a tablespoon of honey. Strain using a strainer and drink.
- Do not try stoking up your body with foods and nutritional supplements during fever
- Pineapple can fight inflammation and dehydration. Eat pineapple
- Elderflower is a herb that has medicinal properties. Add 2 tablespoon to a cup of water. Boil. Strain out elderflower. Drink. It helps to sweat and to get rid of mucus.
- Hot ginger tea can help to sweat.
- Cold grapes help in hydration.
What to Avoid?
There are some things that should be avoided by people suffering from fever.
- Avoid eating heavy foods .
- Avoid eating spicy and fried foods .
- Avoid heavy exercise.
- Avoid taking antibiotics on the first day of fever.