30 Things to do in my 30's
It started with a movie ...
I've wanted to watch the movie "My Life in Ruins" since I saw the first trailer. None of the theaters around our apartment were showing it so we drove 45 miles to an Art Theater. Next to the Theater, a quaint old shop carried pottery, art work and self-help books. I don't usually read self-help book but one caught my eye. 30 Things to do when you turn 30 the cover read. Hm... I thought, what a great idea for a book. Then I wondered, What would my "30 Things..." list look like? While waiting for the movie to begin, I kept thinking about the book. Interestingly enough, the main character in the movie moved to Greece because she wanted to make some changes in her life... Watching her, I decided to write down my own goals.
So, dear reader, here is my "to do" list for my 30's. The items aren't listed in any particular order of importance - but I want to do every one of them.
- Quit un-fulfilling job DONE
- Start new career DONE
- Travel to Ireland
- Bungee jump
- Buy house 100 years or older...
- ...turn house into a Bed and Breakfast
- Go on cruise to Caribbeans
- Forgive my father WORKING ON .... ALL THE TIME
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Write first book
- Start a blog DONE
- Go back to college for finance / retirement investing classes DONE ... BUT WILL DO AGAIN
- Let go of bitterness towards a middle school bully ALSO WORKING ON
- Go sky - diving
- Take classes in woman's studies
One of my goals - white water rafting
List Continued ...
16. Go to NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving Parad
17. Go white - water rafting
18. Get into the habit of starting my day with prayer
19. Stand up for my self more often
20. Create a calendar with my family / friends birthdays (and actually use it to send cards)
21. Commit 50 Bible verses to memory
22. Travel to Peru to visit my sponsored child
23. Try something new and a little scary every year DID IT THIS YEAR ... WHAT'S NEXT?
24. Get 100 articles published
25. Have / adopt children
26. Experience the Washington 4th of July fireworks from downtown DC - not television!
And that's all I can think of for now. I didn't make it to 30 but at least ever item on this list is something I really want / wanted to do. As I think of more, and as my goals develop and change, I know more will be added to the list.
It's a little scary to see some of the items written down (sky diving ... yikes!) but now that they are in print, I can see what I'm working towards.
I read somewhere that people who write down / share their goals with others are 90 % more likely to achieve their goals then people who don't. So my question to you is, what are your goals? Are you soon to be turning 30 ... 90 ... 50? Do you have a list made for yourself over the next decade? Share them with me ... we can encourage each other. Let's join the 90 % who can achieve their dreams -