35 Ways How Art of Living Changed My Life
35 Ways How Art of Living Changed My Life
Health and Fitness
1. I feel so fit and healthy. I am a trekker and there is a sea of difference when I trekked before doing the Art of Living program, and now, after having practised the yoga and the pranayamas of Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, I am way ahead of my fellow trekkers every time!
2. I am also a professional writer and the focus that I now have is phenomenal. Also, it is easier and more stress-free to chase deadlines. I love my job even more now!
3. My concentration is phenomenal. This has reduced my work time so much! I take up a project and can complete it in one go, leaving me with plenty of time to work on other things.
4. I am so much at ease wherever I go. Goodbye to years of awkwardness and introversion. Hello, freedom!
5. I am comfortable in my skin and realised that when you feel beautiful, you look beautiful. It actually starts from within!
6. It has brought a distinct glow to my face. Many people have complimented me on this radiant glow that I seem to have. Not sure where it comes from – practises, knowledge or just Love?
7. It has given me a larger perspective of things. I always knew there was more to life than the mundane routine, and here the knowledge actually sank in.
8. It has connected me with myself. Trust me, nothing can be compared to this feeling of connectedness with one’s own Self.
9. I think I now have a faint idea of how life works. This has lessened the stress considerably. The gift of knowledge by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is just incomparable!
10. I know more about death and the fear of the same now. Knowledge has cured it fully.
11. It has freed my mind considerably from the impulses of hatred, greed, jealousy and negativity. Though I am not all ‘cured’, I know I am on the way!
12. It has given me this feeling that no matter what happens; a higher power is watching over at all times and is taking great care. Divine security is the best security.
13. My appreciation of life has increased a lot. Whether small or big pleasures, I seem to enjoy everything more.
14. It has taught me acceptance. People are extremely varied. The kriya, meditations and the knowledge have instilled a deep sense of acceptance of all idiosyncrasies.
15. It has given me the sense of what is important and what is not. Saves so much time and energy!
16. It has taught me the best lesson of life – let go! Feverishness can be quite damaging! Breathe in and let go!
17. It has brought me my dearest husband, who is my best friend, philosopher and guide! He is the most precious gift of my life.
18. It has brought my family and friends in knowledge too and together it is being one beautiful journey.
19. Rebellious and hot headed, I always sought a way to make a difference in the world. Art of Living not just calmed me down, but also helped find a way to make the world a better place in the best possible way!
20. It has given me an excellent platform to serve my Master. Guru Seva is the greatest privilege of a human life and to be able to serve my Guru is the greatest joy.
21. It has brought me in touch with so many people, most of whom I would have perhaps never met if not for Art of Living and now with the World Culture Festival on 11th, 12th and 13th March, I will get to say ‘hello’ to the entire world!
22. It has given me the opportunity to shape the lives of hundreds of people, influencing their minds and attitudes towards a more holistic living through teaching the programs and conducting various Art of Living events.
23. I have got the opportunity to travel a bit here and there teaching Art of Living programs and nothing can be more educative and enriching than this, I tell you!
24. It has given me the platform and the resources to complete so many social projects and Art of Living events. Talk of service being the greatest joy!
25. A knowledge lover, Sri Sri’s discourses on the ancient Indian scriptures has satiated my thirst to a great extent. Though I wish to know more! (THIS greed is good!)
26. It has taught me about the rich science of Ayurveda! Now when someone is raging, I know it is their pitta! Blame it on the prakruti; now how mind-saving is that!
27. It has made me extra aware of the modulations of the mind and to just watch as an observer as the mind goes bonkers and actually smile at it!
28. The ashram is the best spiritual retreat I have come across. Supercharged with positivity and big smiles, this is one place where joy and love well up and pours forth almost continuously.
29. It has taught me to appreciate life more. I love shopping, watching movies, meeting people even more – no boredom and tiredness!
30. I learnt the importance of our ancient sacred mantras and feel extremely fortunate to be able to soak in the vibrations of the same. I have never heard such pure chanting of ancient Sanskrit mantras as in the Art of Living.
31. The highest knowledge of life is that everything is being taken care of. This is His world and no, He has not messed it up.
32. Here I have got an opportunity to both give and receive love in plenty, and it is so nourishing for the spirit.
33. To be in the world, you should be clever and discerning. With each passing day, I can feel these qualities improving in me!
34. It has given me the ability to forgive other’s mistakes and mine too. Goodbye, guilt!
35. It has taught me that celebration of life can happen every moment. I never tire of saying, “I have a great life.” Well, comes with having a great Master like Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar!
The Art of Living completes 35 years of service to humanity in 2016. To commemorate this momentous occasion, World Culture Festival is being organized in New Delhi on March 11, 12, and 13. The event is open to all and the entry is free.