- Alternative & Natural Medicine
4 Ayurvedic Medicines for Cough
There are a lot of medications accessible in Ayurveda for cough. Be that as it may, we don't pay consideration on it by any stretch of the imagination. So I might want to propose some essential home solutions for cough.
A plush point of home remedies is that it is harmless and there no or little cost attached to it. The only drawback of the system is that it takes time to cure any disease.
Causes of cough: The main cause of cough is weakened digestion fire. Other causes are those which weaken digestion fire. Thus, to cure cough, use digestion promoting herbs.
Here are some suggestions to cure cough with home remedies.
1. Turmeric: Turmeric acts as an anti-biotic. It has same impact as anti-biotic has. Turmeric also purifies blood.
Uses: Boil a cup of milk and add a teaspoonful of turmeric powder in it, and you can also add some sugar for test. Drink it after it is cool. This is the best remedy I have ever used.
2. Ginger: Ginger is well-known for reducing cough and increasing appetite. It is digestive, carminative and aphrodisiac.
Uses: Mix half teaspoonful of fresh ginger juice and one teaspoonful of honey; drink the mixer two times a day. It is a powerful remedy.
For loss of appetite: Chew a small piece of fresh ginger (add a small quantity of salt in it) before meal.
3. Honey: Honey is best known for reducing cough. Another best property of honey is: it cleanses our body tissues. Other properties of honey are: tonic, laxative and rejuvenating.
Uses: Take one teaspoonful of honey two times a day. Honey mixed with fresh ginger juice is more effective than honey alone.
3 gram juice of Holy basil (Tulsi) leaves, 3 gram juice of fresh ginger and one teaspoonful of honey taken together surely cures cough.
4. The best ever formula: Ginger powder, Jaggery and pure Ghee mix all these three ingredients in equal proportion (take each one up to 1/3 teaspoonful). Take this mixer in the morning before breakfast. This mixer supports digestion and surely cures any type of cough.
All these home remedies are safe, but do not take during pregnancy.