5 Diet Principles You Need To Know
Understand your body instead of comparing with others. When understood correctly, you will give your body what it needs.
For most people, eating is a great pleasure. However, the foods that you chose to include in your diets are extremely important for many reasons. A healthy balanced diet should provide the correct amount of energy, protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and fluid to meet the nutritional requirements appropriate for age as recommended by the US Department of Health. You need to understand your body instead of comparing it with others. When understood correctly, you will give your body what it needs.
To be success and have a healthy balanced diet, you should check out the 5 diet principles below:
- When dieting, we should eat foods with health benefits such as fruits and vegetables everyday and try to limit the sweet or fried dishes.
- Focus on the food you eat. Eat slowly to enjoy the taste and feel your stomach is gradually being "filled". This helps you enjoy a delicious meal and control the "refueling" in your stomach.
- Do not expect to lose weight by refusing to eat. The best way is to eat three right healthy portion meals and two healthy snacks each day.
- Whole grains, fruits will help your blood sugar stable which will reserves enough energy for the body while providing sufficient fiber needed.
- If you crave for fast food or pastries, you can treat yourself a small portion to calm down the craving feeling.
You need to maintain these principles as long as possible for an effectively dieting.
- Eat a variety of foods to stay healthy.
- As we age, it becomes more important that we eat more calcium, fiber, iron, protein and vitamins A, C and folacin.
- To reduce calories select nutrient-dense foods. Enjoy smaller portions of foods high in fat, sugar and sodium.