- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
5 Ways To Prevent Dehydration.
As you will no doubt have seen in my earlier article on this subject, dehydration is an important factor when looking after our own health and the health of others, particularly children and the elderly members of our families. If you missed the article Top 10 Effects Dehydration Can Cause The Human Body. feel free to click the blue link to take a look. If you are familiar with the previous article then read on.
- Drink plenty of water. At least 8 glasses, 8oz size per day.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks as these are a diuretic and make you lose body fluid.
- Avoid carbonated drinks as these have a tendency to bloat you, stopping you taking on water as you will feel too full to drink enough.
- Particularly in summer wear loose fitting clothing so to prevent sweating.
- When out in sun in hot periods put on sun block to prevent your skin drying out in the heat.
As the picture below suggests, the only way is to drink water if you want to get fluids back into your body and hold off dehydration. It really is a no brainer, but so many of us simply don't drink sufficient amounts of this important daily requirement. You just can't take for granted that you don't need that much to drink, but believe me you do.
What you need to do is to make a conscious effort to drink enough water everyday. Drink water everyday for a month and it will become habit. A good habit.
The only way is to drink water.
Health related articles.
As you are aware I have written a number of health related articles some of which you may have seen. Catch up with all of them as I have taken the opportunity to add them here.
- The benefits of taking cod liver oil.
- Yawning - The real reason why we do it.
- How to cope with thyroid disease in men.
- How to beat depression.
- Tips on improving oral health.
- Light therapy treatments for S.A.D.
Why not take a few minutes to catch up on some of the articles you may have missed previously.
Tell me what you think.
As always I encourage you to let me know what you think.
Feel free to leave comments in the space provided at the end of all of my articles.
This is the only way I can improve as an article writer.
Thanks for your support and have a great day !
© poshcoffeeco ( Steve Mitchell )
The copyright of the work of poshcoffeeco is protected. Please do not publish any work of Steve Mitchell without first receiving his personal permission. Any attempt to illegally copy his work will be subject to the laws of the land of Great Britain at the time of publishing.