5 Ways To Tell If You Have Bad Breath (Halitosis) And How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath
Telling If You Have Bad Breath
Some of the ways i am about to bring to you may come off as being humorous, but i can assure you that these are simply natural ways that you can tell if you have developed halitosis and the next step you should take in getting rid of this problem. Many times having bad breath is simply not your fault as there may be underlying factors as to why one has developed this illness. There are illnesses which trigger other illnesses and halitosis or bad breath can be triggered from having another type of illness. Let us now take a deeper look at bad breath and how we can save our selves the embarrassment of having bad breath. Here are 5 ways which makes you know that you may have bad breath.
1. You Are Periodically Offered Mint
Don't think that everyone you meet or speak to is simply kind and decides that they just love to share a mint with you. Offering a person a mint or even a sweet while conversing with the individual is a mild or discreet way of telling the person that their breath needs a bit of freshening. Mint has the properties to temporarily cleanse the bad odor which comes from the mouth. Mint is fresh and cool and will work immediate wonders for people with halitosis or just a bad breath spasm.
2. People Talk and Look Away From You
If you have ever been in a conversation with someone who have a very bad breath it is hard to actually stair that person in the eye while conversing. Many people will simply look away periodically to simply avoid their nose from fighting off that unpleasant bad breath.
3. The Distance Talker
Conversation plays another major part in letting you know that your breath smells. look out for persons who you engage in conversation and only to notice that individual mildly shuffling around. This shuffle is incrementally pushing the person a little further away from your breath every time you speak. Then Somehow you wonder how you are talking and the other person is across the hall!
4. Periodically Smell Your Own Breath
If you do a self breath test periodically and you find it quite difficult to smell your own breath, then you know what others are smelling and you definitely know that you have bad breath.
5. Use a Bad Breath Checker
Yes, there are effective gadgets available on the market that can tell you if your breath is down on the bad side. All you need to do is blow in the little device and it gives you a reading and then you know that you need a mint fast.
Major Health Factors Which Contribute To Bad Breath
Sinus Infection /Post Nasal Drip
- Sinus Infection and Post Nasal drip is a great recipe for giving you bad breath. Post nasal drip happens when excess mucus is drained and gets trapped behind the back of the throat. This mucus then decides to have a bad breath party at the back of your tongue which is home to anaerobic bacteria which causes bad breath. So instead of mucus running out your nose, it slips to the back of the tongue allowing the bacteria which causes bad breath to have bacteria mucus party. This will create strong and very unpleasant odors coming from your mouth,.
Tooth Decay/Gum Decease
- A tooth normally rots if it is left un kept for a good amount of time, meaning you don't brush or clean your mouth. Tooth decay happens when bacteria caused build up by left over food particles in your mouth attached to your teeth and gum and begins to slowly erode the tooth enamel. A bacterium called Steptococcus Mutans is the main culprit for tooth decay. This bacterium digest sugars when it is broken down from carbohydrates. This bacterium digest the sugar and produces some kind of acid that attacks your teeth. Over time it begins to tear down your enamel and your tooth begins to decay. The bad scent which comes from that is what makes your breath smells bad. It is quite simple, if something decays and rots it will have a bad smell, now imagine that bad smell being trapped in your mouth!
Excessive Alcohol Drinking
- Have you ever notice how people who divulge in heavy alcohol drinking always have a drunken smell to them and of course bad breath? An individual who consumes alcohol daily will eventually develop what i like to call the "Alcohol Stinky" When a person consumes plenty alcohol, the body sees it as danger and a toxic substance. The body then says to itself "Hey, this guy is trying to harm me, what will i do with this toxin?" The body then tries to convert the alcohol to a less harmful substance. The body converts that alcohol into acetic acid. What the body simply cannot manage to convert it allows that to be excreted from the body in the persons sweat. Excessive alcohol and your stomach acid do not agree, and once you indulge into excess alcoholism, i will cause a reaction withing your stomach which releases a bad odor which is quite noticeable when they belch or simply talk.
Bad Oral Hygiene
- Brush your teeth, clean your tongue, floss. I cannot put it any more simpler than that. People who practice good oral hygiene rarely has bad breath problems unless there are underling illnesses which most times can be rectified. But you cannot expect to have a healthy dental record and not practice good oral hygiene. Here is my five pointer hygiene health list which if you follow, you will be on your way to a cleaner and healthier mouth.
- Do not indulge in too much sweets
- Do not indulge in too much acid rich foods such as citrus
- Brush your teeth after every meal
- Floss your teeth
- Rinse with mouthwash
- Brush you teeth even if you don't eat
- Control any disease which may contribute to depreciating oral health
- Visit your dentist at least once quarterly
What did you do to get rid of bad breath?
Getting Rid Of Bad Breath Naturally
1. Always walk with spearmint if you know that you may have halitosis! A mint can clone that bad odor for hours.
2. Drink More Water
Drink More Water. Don't cause your mouth to become dehydrated as bacteria that causes tooth decay feed of those left over food particles. Drink water and rinse mouth more often.
3. Gargle With Salt Water
Many people find that a salt water gargle can be very be useful. A combination of water and salt is effective in getting rid of the bacteria which reside at the back of the tongue and tonsils.
4. Add Ginger
Adding ginger to your diet or drinking ginger tea helps to curtail those nasty bacteria which sits at the back of your throat waiting to embarrass you.
Bad Breath Conclusion
I know that their have been millions of people who have been diagnosed with halitosis and many have had to suffer the mild and scuttle embarrassment by people around them. Many of those people are close friends, co workers, classmates or even family members. It must not be a good feeling to open your mouth and then to have individuals with draw from you or simple refuse to indulge in any form of conversation with you because of halitosis or bad breath. There are many ways to get yourself back in the green by following some of the basic guidelines above as it relates to good oral health. Once you are in good standings, you confidence level will certainly be waving again.