How to get rid of Gas- My 5 Tips
The first sign of poor digestion is the presence of gas or wind. Gas is a byproduct of undigested food that has putrefied in the body and letting off gases, hence the name gas. It is a normal and natural function of the body to have a bit of accumulated gas, but if you are experiencing it at all times of the day and/or you think that everything you eat gives you gas then you should educate yourself on how to get rid of it.
Why do I need to get rid of my extra gas?
You should try to limit the chances of you getting gas because if it occurring all the time those gases could start moving into your joints. The joints will start popping and aching. If you still don’t limit those chances the gas will move deeper into the tissue and create tremors. These tremors could be an unsteady hand, twitching in the limbs, or extra twitching of the muscles. You could even be suffering from dry skin and constipation. It is easily cleared up once you know what is causing it.
Common ways of increasing the chances of getting gas are:
- Cold weather
- Eating frozen or cold food all the time
- Cold climates
- Constantly worrying
- Eating too many dry foods
How to get rid of the extra gas.
- Cumin, coriander and fennel. These three spices help your digestive fire stay up to digest your food and they also have a calming effect on the gases in the body. You can add them to foods, boil the seeds to drink as a tea or just eat them slightly toasted. They will do wonders for aiding you in your digestion.
- Mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice with ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 cup cool water. Drink it down after your meal to help the body digest. This combination creates carbon dioxide which will help you digest your meal.
- Avoid raw foods. Raw foods take a certain enzyme to digest and if you are getting gas you best stay away from the raw foods until digestion in back on track.
- Avoid beans. Beans are also a difficult food to digest so if you are experiencing gas you won’t want to be giving your body hard to digest foods. What I do want to add here is that if you do get gas regularly it is important to get digestion back on track so you can eat these food items again. Just because the beans are creating gas for you right now doesn’t mean that they always will.
- One of the biggest culprits to getting gas is worry. Teach yourself that worrying isn’t going to help anything it only brings sickness to the body. It is a choice you are making to worry and so try to choose to not worry and see how well you are able to digest. Remember nothing good ever came from worrying.
There are my 5 tips to get rid of gas. Stay away from those things that increase the gas and start introducing ways of decreasing it and getting that digestion back on track. You will feel better.
Remember that we are all individual and the best results will be if you are working one on one with a health coach. If you have questions or comments please feel comfortable in leaving them here.